Author Topic: Badge Pick Up 2013  (Read 53180 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Re: Badge Pick Up
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 10:06:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It took us less than 1/2 hour to get our badges at T&C last year.

Yeah, I got the impression from my bro-in-law it took him longer to walk from the parking lot to T&C than it did for him to get through the line to get his badge.

FWIW my wife dropped him off on the other side of the building, maybe by the mall, so they avoided paying for parking: buddy system works again  :P

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 10:08:21 PM »
The traffic is indeed pretty bad on Wednesday afternoon - it gets really sluggish from 3pm-5pm especially. I still think the most convenient and cost efficient way would be to find cheaper parking near one of the free shuttles and use that service to go to T&C and back. :)

That's a good idea if you're staying somewhere near the shuttle system.
How late is T&C open for badges?  No need getting there during rush hour to try and pick em up if they're open same hours as convention center.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Badge Pick Up 2013
« Reply #32 on: Today at 12:09:12 PM »

Offline KirbySS

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2013, 10:18:48 PM »
I won't actually know where I'm staying until the hotel sale. Hopefully downtown. I thought I'd drive over to the T&C and pick up badges and get some dinner in Mission Valley (or maybe get dinner first then pick up badges).

Offline PlanningMackem

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 04:46:47 AM »
When I went in 2011 it was crazy over at T&C, so glad to hear it was better last year. We took the free bus from the convention center and that was almost the worst/slowest part, so I definitely think I'm going to get the trolley this year - not least because as the bus was driving away I saw that there's a Cheesecake Factory in the mall - this little Brit will be visiting there this time, for sure!!

Plus all my times in San Diego and I've never been on the trolley - everything has always been walking distance for me so I've never got around to it. I feel like I'm missing out!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 08:20:05 AM »
A Cheesecake Factory in the mall???? Maybe I need to accompany my friend to the T&C to pick up her badge... ;)

Offline Hidajunshin

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 03:59:06 PM »
A Cheesecake Factory in the mall???? Maybe I need to accompany my friend to the T&C to pick up her badge... ;)

I used to work for that CCF...good money there.

ironspiderlady

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 10:03:43 PM »
For Professional badge Pick up I noticed it says Downstairs to pick up our tickets. Since this will be mt first experience at picking up tickets, will there be signs on how to get to the Downstairs ticket pickup, or people to ask once we arrive at the Convention?? Thanks for the response back!! Looking forward to being there sooo much!!!

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 10:11:13 PM »
For Professional badge Pick up I noticed it says Downstairs to pick up our tickets. Since this will be mt first experience at picking up tickets, will there be signs on how to get to the Downstairs ticket pickup, or people to ask once we arrive at the Convention?? Thanks for the response back!! Looking forward to being there sooo much!!!

Yup you'll see some banners. It's towards the A-B side of the convention center. Regular attendees are towards the other end.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2013, 11:34:55 AM »
Took us 15-20 minutes to pick up our badges last year at the T&C.  They started early as previously stated.  We took the Trolley to the mall and walked on over.
SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline lowgun

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2013, 12:11:28 PM »
Did they give out the preview badges out early too? Pretty sure last year I was eating lunch and saw a bunch of ppl picked up their badges aleady

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2013, 01:34:26 PM »
Yes.  I think they started around 12:30 or so.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2013, 02:06:12 PM »
Last year T&C started a few hours early on wednesday ,around 12:30 to 1:00pm
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2013, 09:34:48 PM »
My first SDCC was 2012, and I did my pick up for 4 x Single Day tickets on Wed at T&C. .

My best friend arrived in SD only on Friday morning and needed to collect her badges for Fri, Sat and Sun. Initially we thought that she'd have to pick them up daily at 8.30am, but turned out she managed to collect all 3 of them on Friday afternoon - the lady issuing badges just printed all of them for her so there was no need for her to go through this process again over the weekend.

Did you have 4 seperate tickets (badges) or did they convert it to one 4-day pass? Your friend had 3 seperate badges, not just 1 badge and 3 holders, right?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2013, 09:51:51 PM »
Did you have 4 seperate tickets (badges) or did they convert it to one 4-day pass? Your friend had 3 seperate badges, not just 1 badge and 3 holders, right?

Last year, if you had all four individual days, they combined it to one 4-day pass (without preview night). 

If you had 3 days only, then you would have to have three badges with three separate badge holders.  Each day is color-coded with the name of the day on it.

You can however pick up the printed badges (the paper tickets, basically) at one time, if you have more than one day, but you would have to go to the convention center, go to the registration area, and pick up your individual badge holders.  This is, of course, you have a Thursday badge and can thus pick up your badge at Town and Country Hotel and Resort.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:08:23 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline VinnytheSquid

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2013, 10:04:42 PM »
I want to echo others and say picking badges up from T&C was smooth last year. The year before it was a little more hectic, but not bad. Both times we were a little delay getting into San Diego and we drove straight to T&C to pick up tickets. It was $10 to park if I remember correctly, and finding a spot wasn't bad (it took a few minutes to get a spot). The overall traffic was a little hectic. It took about 30-40 minutes from the last part of the freeway to get parked.