Author Topic: TV Guide Celebrates The X-Files' 20th Anniversary, Ballroom 20, 3:30pm-4:30pm  (Read 18105 times)

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
Re: X-FILES 20TH REUNION PANEL!!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2013, 02:07:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The battle between Psych and X-Files fans for BR20 should be interesting.

Does Psych have that big of a following?  I've seen some episodes, its good in small doses for me, but it doesn't strike me as a BIG thing.

If the time holds up, I may have to hope for an autograph signing instead as I won't be able to queue up in line since I already am committing to the Blood Drive and trying to get Hasbro items.  And I have to think this could be way bigger than Firefly last year, since this was one of THE big nerd things in the 90s.  Maybe they'll reschedule this to Hall H.  I can only hope.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2013, 03:16:32 PM »
Psych has a pretty large and dedicated following. I believe they have 2,500 seats/15 screens set up for the screening on Wednesday night. Plus they're known to get into line very early.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2013, 05:06:13 PM »
It's going to be like Firefly last year. Start lining up now. =)

No doubt!  I'm bringing a lunch to get me through to that panel!
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline sheepfart

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 07:55:56 PM »
anyone know how likely would it be to be able to go to this, and then make it to hall h for dexter at 6:30?

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2013, 07:58:34 PM »
anyone know how likely would it be to be able to go to this, and then make it to hall h for dexter at 6:30?

It depends on what is in Hall H just before Dexter
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2013, 09:39:30 PM »
David is in.....? Oh snap! This may be the number 1 panel for me this year.

Offline DarkNightwing

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
X-Files panel questions from a first time attendee...
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2013, 11:45:46 AM »
Okay, this will be my first year at CCI-SD. While there are a ton of panels, booths, and activities I want to do, the X-Files Anniversary panel is the only thing I can't leave San Diego without getting to see. The panel is in Ballroom 20 on Thursday after a couple of panels that are actually higher on Sched's popularity ranking than X-Files, and Enders Game will be at Hall H a short time after X-Files. Is there any chance of me actually getting in to X-Files without lining up outside Ballroom 20 at 2am Thursday? If so, or even if I likely won't get in, can anyone give me a recommended time that I should start queuing outside B20? I know that the Sherlock and Psyche panels will be before it, so it is guaranteed to be packed, but I'm not interested in any panels on Thursday other than X-Files. I MUST see this panel! Please, any and all advice is needed and welcomed. Thank you in advance from an anxious and worried fanboy.

I Want To Believe...that I have a chance of getting in...

"Rule of thumb: when one gets bogged down, stop thinking, get a massage from a beautiful woman, and let your mind wander ..." ( Nightwing #126, 2007; Wolfman/Perez)

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Re: X-Files panel questions from a first time attendee...
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2013, 12:37:05 PM »
Okay, this will be my first year at CCI-SD. While there are a ton of panels, booths, and activities I want to do, the X-Files Anniversary panel is the only thing I can't leave San Diego without getting to see. The panel is in Ballroom 20 on Thursday after a couple of panels that are actually higher on Sched's popularity ranking than X-Files, and Enders Game will be at Hall H a short time after X-Files. Is there any chance of me actually getting in to X-Files without lining up outside Ballroom 20 at 2am Thursday? If so, or even if I likely won't get in, can anyone give me a recommended time that I should start queuing outside B20? I know that the Sherlock and Psyche panels will be before it, so it is guaranteed to be packed, but I'm not interested in any panels on Thursday other than X-Files. I MUST see this panel! Please, any and all advice is needed and welcomed. Thank you in advance from an anxious and worried fanboy.

The absolute latest I would attempt to get in line is 6am.

2am isn't necessary but it's a virtual guarantee. 6am will be really pushing the limits.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
Re: X-Files panel questions from a first time attendee...
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2013, 07:10:11 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA!  With all the buzz this is getting I may get in line on Tuesday.  Totally joking.

Offline Patman

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 1
As I posted in the Conflicts thread, I'm finding it tough to justify lining up super-early to get into Ballroom 20 on Thursday for the sole purpose of seeing the X-Files panel (it's really the only one that holds any interest for me at this time, and I'd be spending about 12 hours in line, and sitting through other panels that wouldn't interest me).   Gah!  If the X-Files was earlier in the day (like Firefly was last year), I'd line up early for sure, and then have the rest of the day to do other stuff. 

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
As I posted in the Conflicts thread, I'm finding it tough to justify lining up super-early to get into Ballroom 20 on Thursday for the sole purpose of seeing the X-Files panel (it's really the only one that holds any interest for me at this time, and I'd be spending about 12 hours in line, and sitting through other panels that wouldn't interest me).   Gah!  If the X-Files was earlier in the day (like Firefly was last year), I'd line up early for sure, and then have the rest of the day to do other stuff.

Yeah, I'm not happy about 3:30 either but still happy it's happening!  :)  The other thing that sucks is that I need to snag all my exclusives before they're sold out and for me that means hitting the floor on Thursday.

Offline Patman

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 1
Yeah, I'm not happy about 3:30 either but still happy it's happening!  :)  The other thing that sucks is that I need to snag all my exclusives before they're sold out and for me that means hitting the floor on Thursday.

Being 6 days out, I just can't see myself waiting all day for this X-File panel.  I guess I'll regret it later, or maybe try to catch the replay of it, but it's just too much "quality" time to be whizzing away for me.

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
Being 6 days out, I just can't see myself waiting all day for this X-File panel.  I guess I'll regret it later, or maybe try to catch the replay of it, but it's just too much "quality" time to be whizzing away for me.

For me, the idea of seeing Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny in person is something I just can't pass up.  I'm going to hit the exclusives and then line up.  Hope it works!

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
For me, the idea of seeing Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny in person is something I just can't pass up.  I'm going to hit the exclusives and then line up.  Hope it works!
That is our plan. We can at least say we tried. We have plenty of back up options if it looks hopeless.
Ang

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
That is our plan. We can at least say we tried. We have plenty of back up options if it looks hopeless.

Everyone keeps talking about the Firefly panel last year but I got in and I lined up really late!  I want to say I got in line at 12 or so but I could be wrong.  So I am not worried about getting into this panel.  Maybe my family and I will see you in line!  lol