Author Topic: Businesses Reviews SDCC  (Read 7973 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Businesses Reviews SDCC
« on: July 25, 2015, 03:12:26 PM »
Got a company in SD that went over & above, gave good service, had good food and/or drinks?
Please let your fellow forum folk know.

I've rented cars each time i've gone to SDCC.

I use to use Alamo but after having horrendously long lines i decided to pay a little extra & get budget cars.
Last year was the first year i used budget.  I left a sm roller in the shuttle van- i was able to get it back with minimal delay.  This year due to a 15 year old putting my sdcc 2010 falling skies hoodie on the floor at his feet, it got left in the rental car. 
I called Budget from the gate- got a person who went out to the car, secured the hoodie, took my info & sent it to the L&F dept. 
the l&f dept contacted me, asked me to send a pre-paid uspo label for the actual cost ($6) & put it into the mail the day they got the label.
i received it within a couple of days...

I highly recommend Budget Rental car in SD-
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
Re: Businesses Reviews SDCC
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 03:49:11 PM »
My daughter left her crochet Finn doll that her Godmother gave to her on the city bus on the first day in SD, we called the bus L&F right away and was told it's not there. Anyway a week later we get an email from SD airport L&F and they have the doll. Sent them my Fed Ex info and received it a few days later.
  Thank you to the person that turned it in, the city bus and SD airport L&F. So hooray for the City of San Diego

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:32:23 PM »

Offline Automatic7

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 69
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 09:47:47 PM »
One place I would not recommend (anymore) is Brickyard cafe. Used to stop there after I got off the train and walked to the convention for food. Last year they were super rude, took forever on food, and gave me food poisoning.

Walking the convention floor when you want to puke all over the place is not fun.

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 11:22:38 PM »
Don't go to the Dragon's Den near Petco Park.  For average sushi/Japanese, they have really terrible service.

My friend and I get there and we are famished after a full day of the con.  Not busy, so we get a table outside.  Long pause before we get our drinks ordered.  Then another long pause before they take our orders for dinner and an appetizer.  Appetizer comes, no prob.  Then my friend got his meal first (ramen), then he starts eating and I wait.  And wait.  And wait.  He finishes his meal after about 15 minutes and I still don't have my food.  Then I wait some more.  Finally, I complained to the waitress since by this point, other tables have been seated and already had their food.  Apparently their sushi bar was badly understaffed.  Oh and a glass fell from another table and no one came to sweep it up, just leaving broken glass on the ground for several minutes.  My food finally came and despite being famished, I thought the food was pretty mediocre to average at best.  So the wait was not worth it.

They did take off 25% for the long wait for food but I can't recommend this place since there are so many other places with sushi that can at least provide some better service.  For what it's worth, my friend thought his ramen was good.

Offline bmag

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 08:22:56 AM »
The Gaslamp Garage

This is an awesome gift shop that caters to everyone. They carry the necessities and cool surf apparel for that hot summer weather. I left my favorite hat back home and needed a replacement, batteries, and additional tanks. The worker there was super helpful and friendly. She went out of her way to help me find exactly what i needed with a quickness and also shared tips about the hot spots in SD. This is a place that surely cares about the happiness of their customers! A+ to them!