Author Topic: Preacher - Friday, July 22, 6:30pm - 8:30pm, Hall H  (Read 1698 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Preacher - Friday, July 22, 6:30pm - 8:30pm, Hall H
« on: July 08, 2016, 10:55:50 AM »
If you're planning to attend this panel, please post here!

Executive producers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg join comic book co-creator and series co-executive producer Garth Ennis and members of the cast including Dominic Cooper, Ruth Negga, Joseph Gilgun, Ian Colletti and Graham McTavish in a panel moderated by Kevin Smith, to discuss the first season of the hit series. Join the panelists for a live reading of the newest episode, airing Sunday, July 24 at 9pm on AMC, followed by a Q&A session.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 11:11:44 AM by Transmute Jun »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: Preacher - Friday, July 22, 6:30pm - 8:30pm, Hall H
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 09:22:28 PM »
It's pretty awesome that they have Garth Ennis there.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:18:00 AM »

Offline AreTwo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 03:52:47 PM »
This turned out to be pretty awesome. My GF and I had sworn off of Hall H but we were surprised to be able to just walk right in at the end of the South Park panel. 

They basically did a table read of Sunday's episode with Kevin Smith, Jason Mantzoukas, and Danielle Panabaker filling out the cast, and then because the fifth act was too insane to read (lots of very specific narrative jumps/edits and action without much dialogue), they just screened the last act.  Then Kevin Smith moderated a panel, with Garth Ennis joining.  Joseph Gilgun was a force of nature, making the Q&A in particular pretty lively. 

I was a little surprised to hear Preacher isn't as popular as you'd think it would be at SDCC.  It's a really well-done show.  My GF crossplayed as Jesse and we only came across 3 or 4 others the whole time.  We didn't go last year, though, and maybe there was more pre-hype for the show then.

The table read was a really cool idea and I hope others steal it for future panels.
SDCC 2012-2014, 2016-2018; Wondercon 2013-2019 Comikaze/LA Comic Con 2013-2017; LBCC & LBCE 2012-2018; Gallifrey One: 2017-2019

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 04:18:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This turned out to be pretty awesome. My GF and I had sworn off of Hall H but we were surprised to be able to just walk right in at the end of the South Park panel. 

They basically did a table read of Sunday's episode with Kevin Smith, Jason Mantzoukas, and Danielle Panabaker filling out the cast, and then because the fifth act was too insane to read (lots of very specific narrative jumps/edits and action without much dialogue), they just screened the last act.  Then Kevin Smith moderated a panel, with Garth Ennis joining.  Joseph Gilgun was a force of nature, making the Q&A in particular pretty lively. 

I was a little surprised to hear Preacher isn't as popular as you'd think it would be at SDCC.  It's a really well-done show.  My GF crossplayed as Jesse and we only came across 3 or 4 others the whole time.  We didn't go last year, though, and maybe there was more pre-hype for the show then.

The table read was a really cool idea and I hope others steal it for future panels.
I fully agree with all of this. We really loved it. We had planned to leave after the reading to try for The Killing Joke, but were enjoying it so much, we stayed (we probably would have made The Killing Joke if we hadn't, but I don't regret it at all. I can't think of a better description for  Joseph Gilgun than "a force of nature". We were laughing so hard. I would repeat what seemed to be his go to phrase, but it was definitely not family friendly. LOL! He did read the back of the card warning, but said if your kid is watching Preacher, you obviously won't be offended by him cursing.
We loved the table read idea. Voice actor panels do it all of the time, but I also hope other live action shows adopt it.
Ang