Author Topic: SDCC 2017 Room Sharing Thread  (Read 20005 times)

Offline mari_guerra

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
Re: SDCC 2017 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2017, 01:47:14 PM »
Name: Mariana
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Less than 1 mile from the Convention Center
Days: July 19-23
Price Per Night: no more than $900 for total stay.
Smoking/Drinking: Smoking NO (but I don't care if you smoke outside the room) / Drinking YES
Spaces: I'm looking for one space for myself. I don't care how many people is in the room as long as I have a space to sleep.

Preferences and Description:
Age Preference of Roommates: 18+
Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed is fine by me
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm almost the whole day at the con, basically only use the room to shower and sleep for a few hours (just like most of you haha)
Additional preferences for roommates: As long as you don't go thru my stuff we are fine :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:01:15 PM by mari_guerra »
SDCC: 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018
WonderCon: 2015 | 2017

Offline beanzerz

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2017, 08:02:36 PM »
Looking for roommates:

Name: Risa
Hotel: Days Inn San Diego Bayside
Days: Wednesday July 19th - Monday July 24th
Price: If there are two of us in the room, no more than $600. If there are three of us, no more than $400 - TOTAL -
Smoking/Drinking: I don't care if you drink, just no smoking in the room please.
Spaces: There are two queen beds. I'm hoping for one or two people, preferably two people that know each other who are alright with sleeping together, or who are a couple, as I'm not interested in sharing a bed with someone I don't know. A friend of mine might stay in the room Saturday and Sunday, and she will sleep with me.
Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed
Include a brief description about yourself: I'm a female cosplayer. Not really big on waiting in lines for exclusives or wrist bands, but I do like to get up fairly early to enjoy the entirety of the con. Sometimes I may come back later in the night, but I will try my best to be as quiet as possible. I will also try and keep my area as neat as possible.
Additional preferences for roommates: As long as we keep the room fairly tidy, our things separated, and you don't touch my things (I won't touch yours either!) I'm good.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 04:52:42 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2017, 08:50:51 PM »
Just a reminder:

Remember that you can also take the initiative in contacting a potential roommate in this thread after you have made a post.  Don't forget to go over payment details thoroughly before agreeing to anything from both sides.

(Also, if you no longer need your request, just cross out the text using the "strikethrough" instructions provided in the first post.)

Thank you, and good luck with roommate hunting!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline yogikai

• Sails Pavilion
Looking For 1 or 2 Female Roommatedls
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 11:04:26 AM »
Hotel : La Quinta Misdion Valley - on the shuttle Route

Beds: Two Queen Beds

I'm sharing 1 with my friend Jennifer
Second Bed for 1 or 2 people

Prefer 18 and over
No Smoking or Overnight Guests

Weds Check In Sunday Check out

Total cost : 470.00
Pay pal good faith deposit required-returnable if your plans change.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 06:08:15 PM by yogikai »

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2017, 06:28:45 PM »
Room is currently full!

LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES

Name: Elysia (oneroomdisco)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Omni San Diego Hotel (across the street from the convention center, right by Petco Park and the Hard Rock).
Days: July 19 — 23 (Check in Wednesday/Preview Night, checkout Sunday)
Price for WHOLE STAY:  $246 per floor spot
Smoking/Drinking: No/No. I don’t mind what you do outside the room, but please don’t get trashed!
Spaces: 6 total, 2 available (2 people in each bed and 2 on the floor). Only floor spots are currently available.

Gender Preference of Roommates: Ladies preferred, but willing to consider guys on a case by case basis.
Include a brief description about yourself: Late 20s graduate student rooming with my younger, cosplaying sister and two other female friends. This is my and my sister’s sixth Comic Con and I’ve run rooms every year I’ve attended. Personality wise, I’m usually very calm and a bit shy, although I warm up quickly. My sister and I are both very neat in hotel rooms and tend to keep most of our stuff in suitcases unless we’re using it. We do a pretty good mix of things during the con, with Hall H Saturday/Marvel being our biggest thing.

Additional preferences for roommates: Everyone should be capable of being clean, respectful, and mature. (Bathing daily is a MUST). Also, if you’re a light sleeper, be forewarned that my sister and I will likely be heading out very early each day. Cosplayers are welcome, but please, no storing large props in the room.

Payment: Half is due in order reserve spot. The second half is due by June 28th. Paypal is preferred, although I also accept checks. I don’t do at con payments.

If interested, please PM me with the following details:
1.   Name
2.   Age
3.   Gender
4.   What type of spot you’re interested in
5.   Any other questions you might have :)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 04:50:35 PM by oneroomdisco »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2017, 10:16:04 AM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hotel : La Quinta Misdion Valley - on the shuttle Route

Beds: Two Queen Beds

I'm sharing 1 with my friend Jennifer
Second Bed for 1 or 2 people

Prefer 18 and over
No Smoking or Overnight Guests

Weds Check In Sunday Check out

Total cost : 470.00
Pay pal good faith deposit required-returnable if your plans change.

Hello there! 

Please see the first post of this thread for proper formatting (include roommate, smoking, and any other preferences as well so people have an idea what to expect when they room with you).

Thank you for your understanding!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline monkeybiz

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2017, 10:56:45 AM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES

Name: Adam
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Westin Gaslamp
Days: 7/19 - 7/23
Price Per Night: Room is $800/night (I used my SPG Platinum override) - Looking for $400/night, but open to negotiation
Smoking/Drinking: Either is fine
Spaces: 1-2

Age Preference of Roommates: Any
Gender Preference of Roommates: Any
Include a brief description about yourself: SDCC First Timer, tickets for Th/Fri/Sun, frequent traveler, technology consultant, Marvel over DC, Star Trek over Star Wars, autograph hound, clean and neat
Additional preferences for roommates: Be hygienic and respectful.

Offline Mdgeist316

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2017, 05:22:30 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: MDGeist316
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Hilton Bayfront
Days: Wednesday July 19th - Sunday July 23rd
Price Per Night: $415 per person for the entire 4-night stay
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking, but drinking is fine as long as its kept under control.
Spaces: 2 spaces. 1 bed is available as my friend and I will be sharing the other one.

Age Preference of Roommates: 25+
Gender Preference of Roommates: 2 females or co-ed.

Include a brief description about yourself: I'm a 36 year old married male, and this will be my 5th Comic-Con. I'll be coming along with one of my female best friends who is also 36 years old (her 4th SDCC). We both work in Information Technology. My friend can be very outgoing and she loves to do as much as possible around the convention, while I'm more reserved and quiet and keep to a somewhat strict schedule of going to panels. But most of the time, I'm just walking around enjoying San Diego and various con activities. I'm into comics (Marvel and D.C.), movies (mainly horror, action, and sci-fi), anime, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Archer, video games, and geek collectibles. I will be coming into San Diego late Wednesday night and leaving Saturday evening. My friend will probably invite her sister to the room on Saturday night, but other than her we're not expecting any other visitors.

Additional preferences for roommates: We are looking for roommates who are neat, hygienic (please shower), respectful of others belongings, and quiet when others are sleeping. We don't mind cosplayers, just keep the room neat is all we ask.

We've invited former roommates to hang out at the con with us, and have made a few friends over the years. So you'd be more than welcomed to come along with us if you want some company.

Roommates found!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 10:15:12 AM by Mdgeist316 »

Offline seerakosumosu

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2017, 10:31:10 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES:

Name: seerakosumosu
Hotel: Hilton Bayfront
Days: Wednesday 7/19 - Sunday 7/23 (check-in Day 0, check-out Day 4)
Price: $330 for floor space, $430 for bed space (shared) for the ENTIRE STAY
Smoking/Drinking: NO smoking. Light drinking outside of the room is accepted
Spaces: 0 spots
Room type: 2 double beds
Age Preference: 18+ preferred
Gender Preference: Females preferred, but courteous males may be accepted

Include a brief description about yourself: This is the 11th SDCC in a row that my sister and I are attending. I do exhibit hall and signings while she staffs and does Hall H. I have run rooms at other conventions before for several years, including running multiple rooms for a group of 30+ people every year at Anime Expo. We're UCSD graduates and know a lot of people who go to/are affiliated with the con.

Additional preferences for roommates: We prefer people who are courteous, organized, clean, and considerate. We do not want partiers or bringing guests back to the room! We tend to get a lot of swag so we would prefer people who don't cosplay or at least won't bring a lot of stuff with them, and make sure to keep their possessions in their side of the room. We only get a couple of hours of sleep a night and head out early in the mornings, so please be considerate of us and quiet hours.

Rules:

• No damages, theft, or additional charges to the room without permission
  • Shower daily
  • NO smoking but minimal drinking is fine - no parties allowed in the room
  • Avoid inviting guests back to the rooms
  • Quiet in the rooms when someone is sleeping as we all need sleep.
  • Please practice basic common courtesy.
** I've never had this happen but if you do cause problems, you will be kicked out of the
room without a refund and you will be liable for any and all damages.

Payment: Entire payment is due ASAP to reserve your spot. I don’t do at con payments.
Accepted forms of payment are checks, money orders, or online transfers using BofA,
Chase Quickpay, or any banks that use Pop Money. I can also accept Venmo.
You may also deposit cash directly into my bank account at your local BofA branch.
NO PAYPAL!
** If you cancel for any reason, half of your payment will be forfeit.

1. Please use the subject "SDCC 2017 Room" so that your email doesn't get misdirected.
2. Don't forget to include a link to your facebook, twitter, or some type of online identity
and also include a bit of information about yourself, such as age, gender, and hobbies.
I use "seerakosumosu" everywhere.
[/s]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:21:33 AM by seerakosumosu »

Offline Turtle26

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2017, 06:17:52 AM »
Looking For Roommates

Name:
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Manchester Grand Hyatt
Days: Wednesday July 19th- Sunday July 23rd
Price Per Night: $260 for whole stay of wed-sun
Smoking/Drinking: Smoking/No Drinking/Yes if in moderation
Spaces:There are 5 of us in the room. We are looking for a 6th person to join us.

Gender Preference of Roommates:Female

Include a brief description about yourself: All 5 of us have been doing SDCC for several years. In the room will be myself and two sets of sisters. I met the other four on here last year. We roomed together for the first time and have decided to once again to room together. We are looking for one more person to join us. Three of us are in line most nights and the other two are back and forth. Our ages are 17-27 (I'm the 27 year old). Three of us are huge into TV shows such as The 100 and OUAT. For sleeping space last year we all took turns on who got the beds if we were in the room for the night.

I myself have been attending cons for over ten years. I'm a huge fan of the 100, Harry potter, OUAT and many others. This is my 4th sdcc. Myself and a few others normally line up overnight for the general line. We have taken turns in line so we could get some sleep etc. This is our second year staying at the MGH. If you have any other question I will be happy to answer them.

Additional preferences for roommates: We ask that you be hygienic and respectful of others.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 07:13:16 AM by Turtle26 »

Offline Kevin Bachelder

• Exhibit Hall
  • My Twitter - @kbachelder
    • DragonConNewbies.org
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2017, 11:24:02 AM »
Looking for one roommate (I already booked a room and need a roommate)

Name: Kevin Bachelder
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Town & Country Resort at Hotel Circle - on the shuttle and trolley line
Days: Weds 7/19 through Sun 7/23 (five nights available)
Price Per Night: $99
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking...light drinking OK
Spaces: Only looking to add one roommate so the extra double bed is all yours!

Age Preference of Roommates: I'm in my mid 50s but age doesn't really matter

Gender Preference of Roommates: Male preferred
Include a brief description about yourself: This is my second year at con. I'm a podcaster who will be covering the Wynonna Earp events at con. Mainly reporting on events and hanging with friends. FWIW, I'm a long time Dragon Con attendee.
Additional preferences for roommates: Someone who's respectful and fairly quiet so I can sleep.  I'm old after all.  ;)
[/s]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 05:47:14 PM by Kevin Bachelder »
New to the awesomeness that is Dragon Con?

Tuning In To Scifi TV podcast (covering all genre TV shows)

Tales Of The Black Badge - A Wynonna Earp fan podcast

Offline azul120

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2017, 06:52:28 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE

Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Preferably within half a mile if not closer.
Days: Wed. thru Sun.
Price Per Night: ~$100-170 night
Smoking/Drinking: No
Spaces: Doesn't matter.

Preferences and Description: None in particular.
Age Preference of Roommates: Mid 20s and up.
Gender Preference of Roommates: All-male or co-ed.
Include a brief description about yourself: I don't spend much time in the room (leave early and return late), but I am polite, quiet and mostly tidy.
Additional preferences for roommates: Simply looking for like-minded roommates.

Offline pyxis

• Sails Pavilion
  • wibbly wobbly timey wimey
    • personal website
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2017, 12:06:22 AM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: Cynthia

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Days Inn, near Sea World, 11 to 13 minutes from the con by car. **We're planning on taking the trolley and/or a cab/uber.

Days: 5 nights, check in Wed, check out Monday

Price Per Night: **167 total for five nights**

The total for the room $995.62, so about $1000 for all five nights. The room has a 6-person capacity, two double beds and a sofa bed. So if we fill all 6 spots, that total for all five nights per person is $167.

Spaces: So far there is me and a friend. We need 4 more people (2-people per bed)

Preferences and Description: Easy going, considerate, neat, trustworthy

Age Preference of Roommates: no preference

Gender Preference of Roommates: co ed

Include a brief description about yourself: We've been attending SDCC off and on since 2007. We enjoy various panels, big and small. Fandoms include Doctor Who, Walking Dead, Originals, Blacklist, the 100, Orphan Black, Vertigo Comics, etc.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 10:57:03 PM by pyxis »

Offline daebakhawk

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2017, 05:47:38 PM »
Looking for roomates!

Name: Shel and friend's name is Manpreet
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Holiday Inn Bayside
Days: Wed - Sun
Price Per Night: $470 total for one person, $235 each for 2 (also asking for a deposit that is deducted from the total)
Smoking/Drinking: Smoking no, drinking YES but not heavily
Spaces: 2 queen beds, one for myself and friend and the other is available.

Age Preference of Roommates: 20's to early 30's
Gender Preference of Roommates: all female
Include a brief description about yourself: My friend and I are 24 and 25, we've been volunteering since 2013. Mostly we stay out all day then come back to sleep and relax. We do sometimes pregame in the hotel before going out. I sometimes cosplay but all I need is a headband and makeup so no huge props. Typically not super early risers but we usually do stay up a but late talking. We're respectful though.
Additional preferences for roommates: we prefer someone who just keeps their side of the room clean. We don't mind if you bring a friend to visit but no one sleeping over. And always as long as you don't go through anyone's belongings but your own
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:21:28 PM by daebakhawk »

Offline bvybarra

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2017, 08:52:35 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE

Name: Bree
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: no preference
Days: Wed-Sun
Price Per Night: $100 but flexible trying for $500 total
Smoking/Drinking: Smoking no Drinking yes
Spaces: It is my boyfriend and I looking so anything with at least 2 spaces available

Age Preference of Roommates: 21+
Gender Preference of Roommates: coed
Include a brief description about yourself: We are both 25 years old returning to SDCC for the 6th time. This is just us looking for a place to shower and sleep since we plan to camp out in lines. We are always open to meeting new people and forming groups to get into panels so count us in for line buddy arrangements.
Additional preferences for roommates: Just hope to find others who will respect our stuff as we plan to respect yours.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:31:56 PM by bvybarra »