Author Topic: Hotel Relocated me twice.  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Pvt.Sadsack

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Hotel Relocated me twice.
« on: July 19, 2017, 02:43:20 AM »
So I went through the Onpeak hotel booking as usual. Got booked at the Crowne Plaza no problem. Got a receipt and email confirmation. Then on Wednesday and Thursday I get two separate emails from Pisey Oum who is the reservations coordinator at the Crowne Plaza saying that the convention bureau has sent them more reservations then they can handle so I get relocated to the Best Western 7 Seas in the first email and the next day in the second email to Town and Country. So now am wondering since The Crowne Plaza and Town and Country have different room rates is it possbile to get some money back? Any advice on how to proceed and in this situation?

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
Re: Hotel Relocated me twice.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 04:00:23 AM »
How many nights are you staying? The deposit would have been for 2 nights at the Crowne Plaza. Ideally, that will transfer over to T&C and that dollar amount will be deducted from your hotel bill. I wouldn't imagine you'd get money back since you would still owe T&C money. Unless the CP deposit was greater than the entire T&C bill was... and in that case I would bring it up with the hotel and with OnPeak.

Just make sure your entire deposit transfers over. I would check with T&C when you check in, if you haven't already. Maybe have your credit card statement or email confirmation handy to show proof of what you paid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:19:13 PM »

Online marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 05:15:14 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So I went through the Onpeak hotel booking as usual. Got booked at the Crowne Plaza no problem. Got a receipt and email confirmation. Then on Wednesday and Thursday I get two separate emails from Pisey Oum who is the reservations coordinator at the Crowne Plaza saying that the convention bureau has sent them more reservations then they can handle so I get relocated to the Best Western 7 Seas in the first email and the next day in the second email to Town and Country. So now am wondering since The Crowne Plaza and Town and Country have different room rates is it possbile to get some money back? Any advice on how to proceed and in this situation?

[member=1974]Pvt.Sadsack[/member] - did you ever get any compensation for being made to relocate twice?  I would hope so!  Hope your con was wonderful, in spite of it. :)
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 12:21:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ugh, sorry to hear that. I was considering booking the Crowne Plaza during the early bird special next year (since I like the chain), but this makes me think twice.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15