Author Topic: SDCC 2018 ABM Parking Discussion Thread  (Read 2181 times)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
SDCC 2018 ABM Parking Discussion Thread
« on: December 25, 2017, 08:28:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (same text as 2017, links work)

ABM Parking is offering 4 parking lot locations for Comic-Con! You can purchase your parking via ParkWhiz, which allows a customer to purchase prepaid parking online and print a permit for display at one of the lots ... or you can purchase on your cell phone and show the QR code on their phone as proof of payment and the attendant at the lot will issue a validation ticket for exit. It’s that simple! Click here to start looking for parking!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline kula

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 16
Re: SDCC 2018 ABM Parking Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 07:05:38 PM »
I might line up for Conan Tue night so overnight parking at the Horton Plaza garage may come in handy.

Edit:

It's a risk though since they might not do a Wed taping again this year. Nevermind.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:42:45 AM by kula »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:09:11 AM »

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 09:51:14 AM »
Hmm might be too late if the only available start time is 8:30 am...

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 04:02:50 PM »
I might line up for Conan Tue night so overnight parking at the Horton Plaza garage may come in handy.

Edit:

It's a risk though since they might not do a Wed taping again this year. Nevermind.

Hmm might be too late if the only available start time is 8:30 am...

Select Wed Link  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

At top of page, edit "ARRIVE AFTER" to Tue Jul 17 10pm and "EXIT BEFORE" to  Wed Jul 18|10:00 pm

Then click on "Book Now" and you'll get to see the Horton Garage for Tuesday overnight.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:31:19 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 06:00:55 PM »
I know there are parking garages around and close to the con for alike a small fee for the day, but guess some want to pay more to be closer to con and not have to walk as far to or from it any day. last i was down in the area i saw there are parking garage kinda place by petco park but not sure what the cost is to park in it any but it is close to the petco and con if not mind the walk to get ready for the day.

Offline kula

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 11:01:50 PM »
After seeing so many horrible Yelp reviews for the Horton Plaza parking structure now I'm extra hesitant to try a parking pass through ParkWhiz. :P

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 11:59:19 AM »
I checked and there are parking garages kinda close to convention center that i know or have used 1 or 2 different ones in past and u just pay a small fee for the day and no assigned spot really u just gotta find a spot u can fit car in and know u happy where u park at time. here a link for parking garages u can see and check - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login -

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 11:06:29 AM »
Word of warning regarding parking in outdoor parking lots w/pre-paid parking: you are not really guaranteed a spot unless you get there early.  I recently got pre-paid parking at a lot for a Symphony concert and I was the last person to snag a spot.  Someone pulled it not long after me who had already pre-paid and was essentially SOL: everyone in the lot was there legally with most having rolled in and just paid when they entered.  The larger garages, I was told, are generally managed better.  Many of those pre-pay street lots (vs garages) don't have an attendant on-hand either, with people who come by occasionally throughout the day to check to make sure everyone is kosher/paid up.  The lot I used around 10 days ago is not the lot listed at this time (the non-Horton lot = waaaaaay on Harbor Island by the airport) but wanted to give a head's up/fair warning.  The larger lots don't seem to be a problem, but maybe the smaller lots could be

Offline ninjagoblin

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 07:49:31 AM »
I just purchased 4 days worth of parking passes through Parkwhiz for Horton Plaza for $60 (from 9am to 6pm each day). I've used them pretty much any time I have needed parking during SDCC and have not had any problems.
My superpower is the ability to rationalize anything.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 10:10:53 AM »
I just purchased 4 days worth of parking passes through Parkwhiz for Horton Plaza for $60 (from 9am to 6pm each day). I've used them pretty much any time I have needed parking during SDCC and have not had any problems.
Yeah, I don't think Horton Plaza garage would have problems I mentioned (weird that it's 9-6 though: really limiting hours - I thought they were one of the few 24 hr parking garages)

Offline ninjagoblin

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 10:22:05 AM »
Yeah, I don't think Horton Plaza garage would have problems I mentioned (weird that it's 9-6 though: really limiting hours - I thought they were one of the few 24 hr parking garages)

Oh they do have much better hours than that. I'm going to be traveling with 4 kids between the ages of 6 and 14 so i probably wont be able to enjoy the after hours as much as i have in the past, so i choose the 9-6 hours. But yeah, they are open much later than that.
My superpower is the ability to rationalize anything.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 01:26:45 PM »
If i had to park a car for con, i would choose a garage over a open air place cause with summer heat and all im sure u not wanna come back to a hot car so to speak lol. i dont know if they got certain hours for closng at anytime, guess just gotta pay to park and be ther long as need kinda at time incase got people who patrol to make sure u paid to use a spot anytime. not wanna get cited for expired park pass any.