Author Topic: 2018 Warner Brothers floor swag blowout.  (Read 2623 times)

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
Re: 2018 Warner Brothers floor swag blowout.
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2018, 03:01:04 PM »
I missed the Harry Potter hardcover Half Blood Prince giveaway by about 5 people.  I was upset for about a second but then I was like "wait, you don't actually want to be carrying around a heavy book that you already own" so I was thankful that I got an Aquaman pez instead-even though he looks...odd... :P

Offline Old Man Grey

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 258
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2018, 08:41:05 PM »
Every time I went by the booth was shut down and not handing out anything. I didn't even get a TV guide :'(.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 12:07:02 PM »

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2018, 08:48:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Every time I went by the booth was shut down and not handing out anything. I didn't even get a TV guide :'(.

I have an extra set if you're in SD. You usually have to try in the morning when they open or end of day after signings. Seems like they weren't handing stuff out as often though. Idk.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2018, 09:32:09 PM »
People flipping out and crowding the booth and forming long lines for them to throw out old crap that's several years old, always cracks me up. It's crazy to me how people get over anything that's free, no matter what it is. I saw the "blowout" on Sunday afternoon and just shook my head.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2018, 04:20:05 PM »
I don't mind getting shirts like Lego the movie which i can give to my little niece and nephew. Also Charlie and the Chocolate Factory novel and the Justice League Pez Despensers were nice. It was nice to give it to all the kids in my life. Overall the line went pretty quick. So i actually double dipped on this one.
These are almost like comic con Souvenir you give to your family and friends.
Like visiting  a foreign country.. you end with t shirts and magnets for people only that these were free.

Like all vacation.. you tell stories(Eating at Fancy Taco Bell.. Going to Conan) and hand out souvenirs(" Old Warner Bro. crap").  ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 04:43:07 PM by ALF »

Offline EightiesKid

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2018, 08:43:18 AM »
Man, sounds like Warner Brothers had a ton of great stuff.  Wish I could have gotten some of that for my kids.  My wife and I had very little time to roam the floor, we were busy chasing the kids to different panels, and I was busy helping on a panel.  Not much freedom, but it was still fun.