Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Movies and TV Shows / Re: Cobra Kai
« Last post by vegasndn on Today at 02:02:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anyone watch this?  I think they did a great job of making Johnny a more complex character while at the same time still keeping his character consistent. He’s still a jerk and a pig here and but he is sincere in wanting to help the kids overcome their bullies.  He is not teaching a kinder, gentler karate but he believes toughness and no mercy are the only way to survive in this world.   We knew in the original Karate Kid that he had some semblance of honor and decency so his motivations don’t seem out of character.
I binged this today and I was surprised at how good it was, at times you didn’t know who to root for and that’s what made it good. I glad there will be a season 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
CCI General Discussion / Re: What Would Blow Your SDCC Budget?
« Last post by Vapors on Today at 12:00:34 AM »
I would also like to say I am really thankful that Sideshow does not produce any anime or manga properties busts or statues because if they did, I would easily be five digits in hole with loans. Those guys do great work.
Movies and TV Shows / Re: Westworld Season 2 - SPOILERS!
« Last post by Pyramid on Yesterday at 09:58:41 PM »
A breakdown of Episode 5

You get the breakdown of the exact settings Teddy is set to

Ha!  I watch these guys religiously.  Give Hax Dogma a try if you haven't.  :)
CCI General Discussion / Re: San Diego Convention Center Expansion
« Last post by SamTurtledove on Yesterday at 09:58:20 PM »
Yeah. No more Pendrys we can't get into!
SDCC Registration and Badges / Re: SDCC 2018 Volunteering Thread
« Last post by Zero on Yesterday at 08:29:45 PM »
Do they let u check in like if u can do thurs, can u check in wed for a thurs shift? cause then i can try check the offsites some getting setup maybe if possible. i just try to make any trip to san diego not a wasted trip so get alot done at once if they allow it.

No, you can only check into your volunteer shift on the day of.
SDCC Registration and Badges / Re: SDCC 2018 Volunteering Thread
« Last post by cabler30 on Yesterday at 08:19:00 PM »
Do they let u check in like if u can do thurs, can u check in wed for a thurs shift? cause then i can try check the offsites some getting setup maybe if possible. i just try to make any trip to san diego not a wasted trip so get alot done at once if they allow it.
CCI General Discussion / Re: SDCC popularity.
« Last post by cabler30 on Yesterday at 08:15:12 PM »
I really didnt check much of the offsites last year, but tried to check around sometime early sat or sun before con opened to kill time so to speak. was some cool stuff and took random pics. but gotta wait to see what be this year to get me to really wanna check it out this year if anything.
« Last post by cabler30 on Yesterday at 08:11:46 PM »

I am guessing at some point if all does not got right, then there will be too many hotels to have the center expand how they wanna do so. they know the center needs more space, but just too much bs and money it takes is just dragging it out which seems like forever lol. i really dont think they need another hotel, cause they really need to expand more.
« Last post by Miss Kitty on Yesterday at 07:37:33 PM »
CCI General Discussion / Re: SDCC popularity.
« Last post by chocolateshake on Yesterday at 07:20:36 PM »
When was Sunday shorter than it is now? As far back as I can remember (~the past decade) Sunday has ended at 5 which is still a half day, except for the exhibit hall. I've also noticed that the mood in the Gaslamp changes very quickly Sunday night and has the last few years, although I'll defer to you about offsites since I generally don't go for those. Which offsites lasted until 12 on Sunday (or close to it) last year?

It seemed last year there were a lot more people around on Sunday than there were say 4-5 years ago.  Back then around about 2pm it was pretty empty.

Dude, you're missing out.  They are awesome.  I was talking to someone about last year's comic-con the other day and spontaneously we both said that the Bladerunner offsite was the best thing about it.  That was one of the late ones.  They were still going at 10pm.  I'm not sure how late they stayed to get everyone thorough that was in line.  I was walking by and there was still quite a line.  I could have sworn that some offsite went until midnight.  That may have been the GoT one but you had to get in line 12 hours earlier for that.  They vowed to stay open until everyone who waited made it through.  In general many more offsites seemed to be around on Sunday and around later.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10