Author Topic: Panels lightly attended?  (Read 6285 times)

Offline ripresa

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 62
Re: Panels lightly attended?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2017, 01:16:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
3/4 full. However, the panel for Twin Peaks had only half Hall H filled while about 1.5k people were waiting outside. Security never let us in so we never got to see Twin Peaks.
It was an absolute disgrace.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wait that didn't make sense. I was in Hall H and there were so many empty seats. Why didn't they let y'all in?

Also I did try to stand in line for David tennent but couldn't get in. He is David tennent after all!

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2017, 07:14:03 AM »
Wait that didn't make sense. I was in Hall H and there were so many empty seats. Why didn't they let y'all in?

Also I did try to stand in line for David tennent but couldn't get in. He is David tennent after all!
They didn't say.
So annoying as we all wanted to see Twin Peaks and yet were shut out even though there was empty seats galore.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 05:45:20 PM »

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 08:54:39 AM »
The thing that ticked me off about 6A is that 6BCF, a much bigger room was a walk in most of that time. I hope the captive audience wanting to see David Tennant in the Duck Tales panel discovered how wonderful Star vs. the Forces of Evil is. That was the silver lining for me. I already love the show-I hope someone discovered it!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Ang

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2017, 09:17:01 AM »
B20 line is massive this morning. I stopped when it left the convention center.

Offline ripresa

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2017, 10:11:39 AM »
I'm assuming today (Saturday) is the craziest.

I am really hoping to walk into hall h tomorrow for doctor who. I feel like I've spent most of the cons in lines already.

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2017, 02:02:00 PM »
Wait that didn't make sense. I was in Hall H and there were so many empty seats. Why didn't they let y'all in

I read about that yesterday too. People were complaining about it on twitter. I read that some staffers were saying it's a decision made by the fire marshal. To me, it makes little sense. If you compare the number of attendees of Hall h to concert arenas or sports stadiums, our attendance numbers pale in comparison. You don't see those venues limiting the number of people entering their building.

I wanted to see the Defenders panel and thankfully I made it in but I knew if the panel was directly after Game of Thrones, I would have never made it in.

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2017, 02:31:37 PM »
Yeah about that 6a and Duck Tales, I didn't make it due to the legion of Tennant fans.   Some of it is my fault as I was there for 6A's first panel of the day, MLPFIM but realistically I wasn't going to camp in there for the next 4 sessions!  I watch a lot of Disney XD's programming anyways so I just hope the Tennant following will support the show.

But still, I missed out on all the Duck Tales content at D23 so it better turn out to be one of Disney XD's best shows for all the trouble it has already caused me. 

Offline ripresa

• Room 6BCF
Panels lightly attended?
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2017, 03:13:56 PM »
Yeah it makes little sense, because there were entire rows of empty seats and it wasn't just the last few either. My guess would be the last 1/5th was quite empty for preacher and twin peaks.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2017, 04:41:46 PM »
It depends on what is before or after. My brother got in for preacher and defenders after Conan fell through.

As for me, wasn't able to get into Indigo around the time for Rick and Morty but got in after that and was able to see all the panels I wanted. (Robot Chicken, Bobs Burgers, Mike Tysons Mysteries, Archer).

Offline jujubaSD

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 67
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2017, 09:54:26 PM »
I'm assuming today (Saturday) is the craziest.

I am really hoping to walk into hall h tomorrow for doctor who. I feel like I've spent most of the cons in lines already.

I wouldn't risk it if I were you. They used to make it so that supernatural and dr who were back to back. Now they have them first and last. Maybe it's different now but in past years the Dr Who fans were the reason we could never get into Supernatural without having to get there at some ridiculous hour. I would imagine most of them will try to squat in Hall H all day or get there right after Supernatural. I could be wrong as I stopped going to Hall H 4 or 5 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2017, 10:37:17 PM »
I happen to walk around the back of the con today and saw the lines , like wow. i miss days u was able to walk in any but to spend a day outside all nite and day is like not my cup of tea so to speak lol. but i do get my laps in ea day lol by get wat swag can and anything else for day.