Author Topic: The Walking Dead Season 8 **Spoilers**  (Read 6883 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: The Walking Dead Season 8 **Spoilers**
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 01:25:27 PM »
This is a combination I didn't expect to see...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 02:21:49 PM »
I can see it, if I picture his hesitant Love Actually character instead of Rick Grimes.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:45:20 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 11:24:43 AM »
Am I the only one still watching? I find that hard to believe! lthough last night's episode wasn't as exciting, I thought it had some interesting character development, especially for Eugene and Dwight.

These are my thoughts on the episode.

Offline chaosdreamer

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 12:56:18 PM »
Am I the only one still watching? I find that hard to believe! lthough last night's episode wasn't as exciting, I thought it had some interesting character development, especially for Eugene and Dwight.

These are my thoughts on the episode.

Still watching... hoping we get some real resolution to the Saviors/Negan thing soon because it's dragged on for too long without any real movement... also found myself really hating Tara lately.

Offline janray

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 114
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 01:09:27 PM »
I'm still watching too, but I record it and watch later in the week when I have time.  Hasn't been "stay up and watch it" worthy for quite some time now.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 01:42:14 PM »
Still watching... hoping we get some real resolution to the Saviors/Negan thing soon because it's dragged on for too long without any real movement... also found myself really hating Tara lately.

I believe that Scott M Gimple confirmed that the war with the Saviors would be resolved this season.

Offline chaosdreamer

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 02:02:23 PM »
I think the biggest problem is with the pacing and how out of sync we've gotten with the "in world time" for the characters.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2018, 02:23:00 PM »
I think the biggest problem is with the pacing and how out of sync we've gotten with the "in world time" for the characters.

I agree that we’ve become stuck on a day... for the first half season and now for the second half season. I guess that’s what happens when you have so many characters and want to focus on all of them.

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2018, 04:56:25 PM »
I'm still watching! I'm not as into it as I was in past seasons, but I'm still enjoying it. I'm looking forward to moving on with the story line as well.

Offline chaosdreamer

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2018, 05:06:06 PM »
I agree that we’ve become stuck on a day... for the first half season and now for the second half season. I guess that’s what happens when you have so many characters and want to focus on all of them.

I actually really enjoyed the character-focused episodes in the past seasons but this season it just feels really disorganized in the way that they've highlighted certain characters/stories and the "weaving that individual thread back into the whole" has not been as seamlessly done as in the past (hmm, looks like a part of me really wants to learn how to sew/weave/knit/crochet!).

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2018, 10:08:48 AM »
FWIW the story arc in the comics was maybe a 2 year thing as well (when I went back and re-read it a few years ago I was surprised how many issues it played out).
Oddly, or maybe not surprisingly, the comics felt much tighter and more interesting than the show (probably because you can not mention a character for months and it doesn't matter, while the show has actors on payroll they have to feature).  But, IMO Negan is MUCH more interesting in the show than he is in the comics.

Offline chaosdreamer

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2018, 10:31:35 AM »
FWIW the story arc in the comics was maybe a 2 year thing as well (when I went back and re-read it a few years ago I was surprised how many issues it played out).
Oddly, or maybe not surprisingly, the comics felt much tighter and more interesting than the show (probably because you can not mention a character for months and it doesn't matter, while the show has actors on payroll they have to feature).  But, IMO Negan is MUCH more interesting in the show than he is in the comics.

That's probably part of it too.  I keep comparing the show to the comics and I *liked* the Saviors arc in the comics.

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 09:38:30 AM »
I have stayed away from the comics but I did read a comic that this is chance the showrunners may jump ahead of the Whisperers since Carl was heavily involved. We will see but the casting is not a fly-by-night or cameo casting Pamela Milton is a heavy hitter and this may setup something bigger for next season. 
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 09:47:52 AM »
I have stayed away from the comics but I did read a comic that this is chance the showrunners may jump ahead of the Whisperers since Carl was heavily involved. We will see but the casting is not a fly-by-night or cameo casting Pamela Milton is a heavy hitter and this may setup something bigger for next season.

Keep in mind that the suggestion that Georgie is actually Pamela Milton is only a theory right now. As far as I know, there has been no official confirmation of that.

I discuss that theory, as well as the rest of the episode, in my review here.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 11:12:29 AM »
Based off of official pictures, it also seems possible the Whisperers will be in FEAR THE WALKING DEAD (either that, or some VERY sketchy zombie makeup, which has not been the case ever).