Author Topic: the annual couch potato thread or what's your preferd 'get in shape' activity?  (Read 129158 times)

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Alright, well I likely wont be getting a gym membership until after the con is over as of now. I did however get a good pair of athletic shoes just in time to break in. What are some activities aside from walking and running that one can do at home with low/minimal equipment?

I do various "circuits" inside that just use either body weight or small dumbbells-I have a pair of 3s, 5s, 8s although I do need some 10s now that I'm getting stronger :)
I started off with Jillian Michaels videos to get some ideas of things to do, she does a lot of lunges, squats, ab stuff, push-ups, planks, and the cardio portions are just jumping jacks, high knees, butt kicks, various jumping exercises. I've seen a lot of similar circuit ideas online and Pintrest.  I've taken the stuff that doesn't hurt my knees too much and kind of created my own workout.  It's nothing too extreme but I find it helps keep my body from being totally unprepared for long days. Strengthening your core even just a little helps with standing all day too.

Offline Bert Su

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 73
I like to exercise by doing a bunch of push ups and stretches
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to my YouTube channel for Transformers reviews

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
ok, the pressure is on from all directions to get one of the bikes road/trail worthy & put in some miles out-running black flies & mosquitoes
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Hal Roth

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 10
Hope everyone is doing great with their fitness goals!  Let's keep at it!  49 days is a perfectly possible 7 more pounds that can be lost at a pound a week.  How awesome would that be?  We got this!

Offline hoserzgirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 32
Also on my fitness pal feel free to add me: hoserzgirl
I've been using Just Dance games on my Playstation to get active again

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
Well my get in shape plan has gone terribly so far! Anyone else get derailed? Work was crazy for two months plus a traumatizing event led to me eating my feelings for a few weeks. Uggh. Baked chicken will be my best friend for the next month.
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Somehow I gained a ton of weight over ECCC and WonderCon. I'm not sure why. But I've been working on getting it off ever since. I only have a couple of pounds to go. I can still make it in time for SDCC!

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
Saw my doctor last week and I've gained about 10 pounds since winter! Where I'd already gained 10 pounds after a surgery last summer. EESH! None of my vaca clothes will fit! If I work really hard I can still dump 8 pounds by then. 2 pounds a week is pushing it, but I can't afford a bunch of new clothes. hah!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
Well my get in shape plan has gone terribly so far! Anyone else get derailed? Work was crazy for two months plus a traumatizing event led to me eating my feelings for a few weeks. Uggh. Baked chicken will be my best friend for the next month.

WeightWatchers is working for me- without getting specific, i'm steadily loosing weight.
 i'm being retrained to eat out of my local grocery store- which is rather amazing because i'm usually not trainable
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
I was doing pretty well until a shooting (as in gunfire) happened around me at the bus stop on the way to work. And then I had to eat my feelings through a bunch of big work events....that were at a festival....surrounded by food...delicious fried foods...I don't think I stopped eating for three weeks.

I stocked up on chicken and ground turkey and salad fixins at Costco. No dinners out until vaca! At least at SDCC I always lose 5 pounds from all the walking!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
got the bike down & pumped up.  I forgot how much fun a road bike can be--

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
anyone else do single track mt biking?

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
No biking here.  But I am going to either the gym or Pilates every day, and at the gym often I do two classes.  Dual purpose is to get in shape and lose a couple so I can eat at BASIC Pizza multiple times while in SD.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
anyone else do single track mt biking?
I have...it's fun, a total blast!  Helmet!
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Bert Su

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 73
I often like to bench and do lat pull downs on a machine to get stronger
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to my YouTube channel for Transformers reviews