Author Topic: How many cons do you go to each year?  (Read 4515 times)

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
Re: How many cons do you go to each year?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 10:19:33 AM »
I used to do 4 or 5 year, but since moving cross country for grad school, the number of cons I count on doing have dropped down to two (Anime Expo and SDCC).

Of course, this year I've somehow managed to end up back at 4 (and all in the span of two months) ;D!

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 02:20:19 PM »
I have three that are solid, this year though I am going to 5.   I voted 2-3 since that is my solid number.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 11:20:51 PM »

The Gossamer

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 10:08:30 AM »
I really have only done SDCC once a year for the past 22 years. I just went to my 1st Wondercon this year for Saturday only. I enjoyed it. I did like that there was more artist alley vendors. Went to SWC last time it was in Anaheim and would go again if it comes around again. Not too far to drive.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 10:47:52 AM »
This thread inspired me to add a page to my personal website outlining all the conventions I've been to dating all the way back to 1997.  This was a fun project.  You can see a dramatic uptick in convention attendance in 2011.You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Xircuits

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 09:52:00 PM »
I try and attend 3-4 a year. NYCC, Long Island Pen Show, Philadelphia Pen Show, and Monster Mania Horror Convention. I know Pen Shows are not really the type of conventions that fit in here, but I'm a huge fan of fountain pens and I'm pretty good at calligraphy.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Handle for most social media & gaming accounts: @Xircuits

Offline ComicConNewb

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 09:59:30 PM »
This will be my very first con

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 10:02:13 PM »
This will be my very first con

They're addictive.  :)

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 11:39:13 PM »
I usually only go to 2-4 conventions each year. SDCC, Wondercon, AX (only to see friends though because a fair few attend to also see friends, so I can meet-up with friends I don't frequently see), and sometimes I attend other small ones. I tried attending NYCC, we all bought badges, for the first time last year with two other friends, but that was around when I got super, super ill. So I wasn't able to go and my friends didn't want to go without me.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 830
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2017, 11:17:32 PM »
Normally three (WonderCon, San Diego Comic-Con and New York Comic Con), although this year I also went to D23.  Last year I also went to OZ Comic Con Sydney.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline ripresa

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 62
How many cons do you go to each year?
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2017, 11:53:09 PM »
I go to a boardgamegeek con! The best con for Boardgames. And then in about a week I'm going to Pennsic War which is about 10000 medieval reenactors. And I go to regional Burns.

Oh and Fantastic Fest and Austin Film Fest.

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 06:41:21 AM »
I do three:

--ATX TV Festival:  not really a con and it's very relaxed.
--SDCC
--NYCC:  which I usually attend a few days, but not the whole thing because it's just not as good as SDCC, but I want to check it out using my professionals badge.

I don't think I could do any more than that.  It would get old.

Offline ripresa

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2017, 08:07:10 AM »
You fly to Austin for the TV festival? I live here and I've never been, what makes you fly here for it? :)

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 02:08:10 PM »
Probably around 10. Last year, I attended SDCC, ECCC, DragonCon, Silicon Valley Con, Heroes and Villains fan fest, Sacramento Wizard World, SacAnime, SacCon, StocktonCon and a few smaller, local cons that aren't really cons, but glorified toy shows with "con" in the title.

This year will probably be a bit less as I only have SDCC, Wizard World and SacAnime under my belt thus far. I have a cosplay fan page, so when I don't dress up, I'm either taking photos or making video montages for the page.

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 02:58:48 PM »
You fly to Austin for the TV festival? I live here and I've never been, what makes you fly here for it? :)

Well, I like Austin a lot.  For three years in a row, I did SXSW.  Then, I heard some TV critics talking about the ATX TV Festival on a podcast and it sounded like something I'd enjoy.  So, I did that instead of SXSW two years ago.  I enjoyed it so much that I've now gone three times.  I'll probably do it again next year.  They attract some good people and it's a very intimate, laid back festival.

The other reason I go is the timing.  I am an alumnus of a drum corps that is in San Antonio now (The Crossmen).  They have their annual History Night during training camp around the same time as the festival.  I can do the Festival, shoot down to San Antonio to get a sneak peak of the corps and do the alumni thing around the same time.

Offline ripresa

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2017, 03:09:15 PM »
Then, I heard some TV critics talking about the ATX TV Festival on a podcast and it sounded like something I'd enjoy. 

You might like Fantastic Fest then. It's a genre film festival so a lot of scifi and fantasy and horror. It's a bit more crazy, the tickets sell out, it's at the Alamo Drafthouse. They have crazy parties, and it's a lot of geekery. Just a fun geeky film festival.