Author Topic: What movie/TV series are you embarrassed to admit you have never seen  (Read 9278 times)

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I may have my geek card taken away, but I have only seen maybe one episode total of Dr Who. And only seen part of the first episode of Game of Thrones...the part where someone threw something out of the window. *spoiler-free*.

As for movies, Inception. I think I'm more embarrassed that I've seen and read all of the Twilight movies and books.

Gasp  ???
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
I may have my geek card taken away, but I have only seen maybe one episode total of Dr Who. And only seen part of the first episode of Game of Thrones...the part where someone threw something out of the window. *spoiler-free*.

As for movies, Inception. I think I'm more embarrassed that I've seen and read all of the Twilight movies and books.

Nobody's taking anything away :) Actually, when i see people's responses I am totally jealous. I would LOVE to be able to watch a show like Firefly/Serenity again for the first time. Ditto for everything else people are mentioning.

Meanwhile I still have not seen GOTG2, hoping to disappear from work a while today for an "offsite meeting."

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714

Actually, I enjoyed the Twilight books. The first one, especially, is a good *romance* novel. I find that the people who are upset by these novels are expecting a supernatural story, which is really more of a background flavor. Ultimately, it's just a good romance story, and if you take it as that, it's very engaging.

That being said, I did watch the movies, but felt that weren't really living up to the potential I saw in the books. In particular, I never saw any chemistry between Bella and Edward in the movies, which took away the glue that really held the whole thing together.

I know it's the thing for SDCC people to say that they hate Twilight because it 'ruined Comic Con;, but that's essentially untrue. It was the catalyst that led to longer and longer lineups, but if it hadn't been Twlight, it would have been something else. The long lineups were bound to come eventually. We can see that by the escalation of such lines every year, even since the Twilight movies finished.

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
TV
Twin Peaks
Dr. Who
Orange Is the New Black
House of Cards
Freaks and Geeks

Contemporary Movies
In the Mood for Love
Moonlight
Spotlight
The Big Short
Boyhood
Birdman
Her
Brokeback Mountain
Toy Story 2 & 3

Great Movies
Tokyo Story
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
8 1/2
Shoah
La Dolcha Vita
Bicycle Thieves
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline iogpsych

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
Way too many to mention but I will say I finally just started watching Game of Thrones. I'm on season 3 now and should be caught up by the season premiere. But as far as embarrassing...my husband face palms all the time when I say "I've never seen that"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Way too many to mention but I will say I finally just started watching Game of Thrones. I'm on season 3 now and should be caught up by the season premiere.

Season. 4. Is. So. Good.  :.).

Offline iogpsych

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
Season. 4. Is. So. Good.  :.).
Can't wait!! I should be there by next week!

Offline kemcbride

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
I have never seen one episode of Game of Thrones.

Offline tragedys

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 22
Godfather (any of them).  I take a look at the running times and just bail every time I have the chance.  I know enough tangentially to fake it through any conversations so noone knows.

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
E.T. (True fact). I will probably get some grief but I just could not watch it. Sorry E.T. fans.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline michelleeddington0523

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
Credit to [member=4270]mark[/member] from the other thread for this one...

I have *never* watched Breaking Bad...and I keep hearing how I look like Cranston in this role...one of these days I should look into it...

Next! :)
I never watched Grimm.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I am just here to make friends and joining a purchasing group. Hoping to be an SDCC2018 attendee

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Godfather (any of them).  I take a look at the running times and just bail every time I have the chance.  I know enough tangentially to fake it through any conversations so noone knows.

I always thought it would be funny to have people, maybe even little kids, explain the plots of movies that they have never seen but that are big parts of pop culture. Like Scarface, I forget when the first time was that I heard my son say "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!" but he was really young, kids are exposed to references of it hundreds of times before they might see the actual movie.

Still no GOTG2 for me, but looking hopeful for mañana.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
So is it a good thing or a bad thing that I've seen...  Well...  Everything?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Like Scarface, I forget when the first time was that I heard my son say "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!" but he was really young, kids are exposed to references of it hundreds of times before they might see the actual movie.

My son was blown away when he first saw Aliens and heard the 'Game over man!' line. He was like, "Is THAT where it's from?". He had heard it so many times before!

Of course, I also remember letting him watch The Matrix when he was 6 (yes, we were *those* parents) and next thing we knew he was doing the Morpheus 'come and try it' hand gesture to his sister....

TravT77

E.T. (True fact). I will probably get some grief but I just could not watch it. Sorry E.T. fans.
That.....I...........how????