Author Topic: It's over, let the Post Comic-Con Depression begin.  (Read 10509 times)

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
Re: It's over, let the Post Comic-Con Depression begin.
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2017, 04:39:03 PM »
Back at work today, and oddly I'm actually not feeling much PCD. I kept myself occupied all weekend, taking as much of the con in as humanly possible while getting the bare minimum of sleep to prevent myself from completely feeling like hell the next day (6-7 hours during the con...for comparison, my ideal # is 9) and I just barely wore myself out by Sunday night. Saved most of the stronger beers for Sunday evening at Border X & Mission. Monday was the travel day and one big blur. That morning I slept in as long as I could, then got up, packed, and checked out by 1. Had lunch, a couple more strong beers at Stone, then it was off to the airport. Tuesday I also took off from work, slept in, and lounged around in bed for most of the day, and read some of the SDCC Souvenir Book (which I didn't get a chance to during the con) with the recent plushie acquisitions nearby, had a very leisurely lunch which involved chewing all my food throughly enough to take two up hours because I could, and then another nap and more reading. That helped me come down off of the con gently and avoid a crash landing.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2017, 04:39:34 PM »
The first sign of comic-con is also the last to go. The trolleys are still all decked out.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 09:30:58 AM »

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2017, 04:59:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My big issue is muggles talk funny outside of here or comic con.  They don't quote movies.  I was talking to a dear friend of mine and she is talking about 2 lines at the show and says, "They crossed the streams.  Don't they know you're never supposed to cross streams?"

Non-nerds don't get that because they don't quote movies all day long like whenever anything goes wrong at work I say "Curse you sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

You guys here get that, the weirdos out there in the "real world" don't.  :)

On the flip side of that, I started using "I Am Groot" in various contexts and inflections when GOTG2 premiered and there's at least a small, small handful that understand and reply back with "I Am Groot". 

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2017, 10:35:28 AM »
After a good nights sleep of course. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline hipchick

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 156
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2017, 05:15:56 PM »
I have major PCD.

On the plus side, everyone at work is really into what I did so I am still talking about it and all the fun I had!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2017, 06:05:50 PM »
I always feel a lot of joy even after SDCC, not sure what to call it: the post-con buzz?  I am definitely coming down off of it now, and pretty tired.  It usually takes me several days to recover. 

And yes, it is odd to be out among the real world again, instead of in the world of "our tribe."  Oh well, back to "real life!"

I feel the same way.  I'm super exhausted now, but I've been trying to catch up on much-needed rest and sleep.  (It also didn't help that I had just recovered from a convention in L.A. two weeks before Comic-Con to only go to Comic-Con after that and get exhausted all over again, ha ha.  So, so very tired.)

I think I need the whole month of July off for vacation.  Ha ha.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2017, 06:22:58 PM »
I officially hit the post-depression last night because I started feeling better. Plus, I had a few doctors' appointments cancelled, so I'm literally doing nothing this week until this weekend. Next week on Tuesday I'll probably watch Atomic Blonde (and maybe rewatch a few movies in the theater too) with two friends.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2017, 06:57:24 PM »
Disclaimer:  I have nothing against cosplayers.  I think it can be cool, but its not my thing to do personally.

The thing that is giving me PCD is EVERYONE asking "What did you dress up as?" And when I say I don't they say "Come on, don't be embarrassed, you can tell me."

It's quite frustrating to be asked 100 times in a day.

Again, I have nothing against cosplay, it just gets old to be asked repeatedly.

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2017, 08:05:06 PM »
Disclaimer:  I have nothing against cosplayers.  I think it can be cool, but its not my thing to do personally.

The thing that is giving me PCD is EVERYONE asking "What did you dress up as?" And when I say I don't they say "Come on, don't be embarrassed, you can tell me."

It's quite frustrating to be asked 100 times in a day.

Again, I have nothing against cosplay, it just gets old to be asked repeatedly.

cosplay as a character thats very everyday life like Ron Swanson. proble solved. :P

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2017, 08:57:23 PM »
My post-con depression is being exacerbated by my working 50 hours in 4 days this week at work. I need the money, but I'm trying to ease back into things over here!
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline CHEYS671Guam

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2017, 11:46:58 PM »
We only left San Diego yesterday. We felt pretty bummed as we saw the trolleys being stripped. But in general, we missed how lively San Diego is during Comic Con.

We're now in Disneyland and it definitely helps. Instead of lining up at Comic Con, I'm getting my fix here while waiting in line for rides 😂😂

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2017, 11:54:40 PM »
But in general, we missed how lively San Diego is during Comic Con.

People only in San Diego during comic-con probably don't realize how dull it is otherwise. Even during other conferences Gaslamp is not the buzzing place it is during comic-con. With no conference in town.......

Offline Cut That Meat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 176
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2017, 12:16:44 AM »
Honestly, my immediate post-con feeling was more of relief than any kind of depression. I was one of those insane enough to double dip w/ D23 Expo. So adding that to trying to keep up with SDCC news and announcements while being swamped by a busy June/July at work, and I let out a huge exhale when Sunday evening rolled around. Once all that adrenaline goes away, it's nice to return to a somewhat normal routine after exerting all that energy and sacrificing all that sleep. I'm still basically a zombie this week and can't wait to veg out this weekend. All my con goodies are still just sitting in a ginormous pile on the floor, so I get to look forward to taking inventory! Oh, speaking of inventory, I'll also need to do a final tally of my expenses... now that's depressing...  ???
SDCC 2008, 2010-11, 2013-19, 2022-23
WC 2014-16, 2023
D23 2015, 2017, 2019, 2022
ECCC 2019

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2017, 08:33:46 AM »
Honestly, my immediate post-con feeling was more of relief than any kind of depression. I was one of those insane enough to double dip w/ D23 Expo. So adding that to trying to keep up with SDCC news and announcements while being swamped by a busy June/July at work, and I let out a huge exhale when Sunday evening rolled around. Once all that adrenaline goes away, it's nice to return to a somewhat normal routine after exerting all that energy and sacrificing all that sleep. I'm still basically a zombie this week and can't wait to veg out this weekend. All my con goodies are still just sitting in a ginormous pile on the floor, so I get to look forward to taking inventory! Oh, speaking of inventory, I'll also need to do a final tally of my expenses... now that's depressing...  ???

I've been working on my pile a little each morning.....and yesterday decided to actually login to my bank account. It was too soon!!! I was looking forward too this weekend off, but that rude financial reality lead me to pick up an extra work shift for tomorrow, so it looks like Sunday will be my day to get through all of it......but something tells me that might not happen either ahahahahahah
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2017, 11:17:58 AM »
I'm bored at work so I'm doing a social media analysis of SDCC. The most common words tweeted during the morning were "just one more"