Author Topic: It's over, let the Post Comic-Con Depression begin.  (Read 10506 times)

Offline thelisalower

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 40
Re: It's over, let the Post Comic-Con Depression begin.
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2017, 11:28:08 AM »
For me it's the feeling of being surrounded by people that accept me and are into the same things as I am. It's a lonely place going back home surrounded by people that just don't get me or understand how amazing it is that I got a picture of David Tennant, or that I met Felicia Day. They don't even know who they are. Thank God for this forum to make things a little easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2017, 12:12:39 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yup, finally got around to unpacking and laundering clothes from the Con.  The norms at work have asked about Comic-Con in the past few years since it's been in the mainstream media so much more but I don't usually have much to say to them because all they really want to know is "did you dress up" and "did you see anyone famous"...  :-[

LOL, same here. My standard response to "did you dress up" used to be "no, but one of these days I probably will," but now it's started to become "I don't dress up at these". :P

A related question to "did you see anyone famous?" I get is "who's the keynote speaker?" For other conventions it's probably a good questions, but for SDCC, that's hard to answer since there isn't really one...
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 03:30:13 AM »

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2017, 12:59:08 PM »
"So who did you see????"

"Bruce Timm!!   Kevin Conroy!!!!!   Tara Strong!!!!"

".......who???"

*facepalm*

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2017, 01:07:59 PM »
For me it's the feeling of being surrounded by people that accept me and are into the same things as I am. It's a lonely place going back home surrounded by people that just don't get me or understand how amazing it is that I got a picture of David Tennant, or that I met Felicia Day. They don't even know who they are. Thank God for this forum to make things a little easier.

we 'get' you.... yeah .. i have the same feeling at home too /sigh/
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2017, 07:09:43 PM »
Just cult it up here more throughout the year. Come to us. Come. to. us.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2017, 07:30:25 PM »
"So who did you see????"

"Bruce Timm!!   Kevin Conroy!!!!!   Tara Strong!!!!"

".......who???"

*facepalm*
This!!! I did at least have an awesome shot of Will Smith and Terry Crews that I took, so that made them happy.
Ang

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2017, 07:36:06 PM »
Thought I'd share a fun story from this year to help with the depression:

I found a couple of Death the High Cost of Living signed by the artist Chris Bachalo which is fairly rare from what I have seen for $.50 each (which is definitely rare.). I double checked with the vendor to make sure he was ok with selling them at that price.

If you have not read this book it embodies Death not as a skeleton with a scythe, but rather as a spunky goth girl. 

After I bought them, I immediately ran into a girl cosplaying as Death and thought "What the heck?"

I poked her on the shoulder and said, "I just found these signed, do you want one?"

She grabbed the book and hugged it to the point where I was thinking "That's in solid condition, don't crease it!". :)

She thanked me for the book a lot and I wandered off.

I lost a signed book, but totally worth it for $.50.  :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 07:39:26 PM by Chris »

Offline Keyframegirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2017, 08:39:12 AM »
A friendly reminder- if you are still depressed, talk to someone in this forum, or in real life.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login‎   1-800-273-8255

You aren't alone, your life means a lot and we (your tribe) will be with you again next year at SDCC!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2017, 12:02:05 PM »
Just cult it up here more throughout the year. Come to us. Come. to. us.

And keep. Reading. Toucan. Tou. Can. Who. Can? You can 8)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2017, 08:45:29 PM »
A friendly reminder- if you are still depressed, talk to someone in this forum, or in real life.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login‎   1-800-273-8255

You aren't alone, your life means a lot and we (your tribe) will be with you again next year at SDCC!

Yes, we use the word depression here for dramatic affect and to be silly, but if you are truly depressed, please talk to someone now!

Play with your toys from the show, watch YouTube of panels, go to a comic store, look at your photos, talk to the friends you made, watch nerdy TV, go to another show, but talk to someone!

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2017, 08:29:17 AM »
Today is the first day I wore the official comic con tshirt and I'm already meeting so many people who told me my also went.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2017, 10:27:07 AM »
Today is the first day I wore the official comic con tshirt and I'm already meeting so many people who told me my also went.

I almost got one of the reg shirts, but i guess i try and save and a penny pincher kinda lol so thought shirts was too much for me but did get my volunteer shirt atleast.

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2017, 12:59:37 PM »

I think this is one of the best ways to meet people in your local area! Really any fandom shirt - although sometimes a unique fandom can have better results - can turn into conversation starters with people who get you. While I wear a few (Captain America, Game of Thrones...anything Torrid sells, LOL), but my husband wears more unique ones and he constantly has people stopping him and connecting.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2017, 06:37:18 PM »
I dont score as many shirts from con as everyone else might cause they are given out by i guess from panels booths, etc. i have random ones i just bought from store on characters i like. and scored some from donate blood, and recent volunteering but no character on it but made sure to get cause did my time but ha skip donate blood this year cause wasnt up to par or wasnt sure i was ready cause so much going on so to be safe ihad to skip this year. i tried for shirts beening given out but of course so many was around trying for one i try to avoid the swarms or vultures to be safe lol. just sad how some have gotten to be about freebies lol

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2017, 12:30:11 PM »
SDCC was followed by my local convention and then I had a big scavenger hunt that lasted 8 days.  So depression didn't set in for like 2 weeks and then it hit me hard.  And I disappeared from here like I do every year.

But it's been two weeks since it all concluded.  And I'm starting to dig out of the depression. And I'm back. And I'm getting things ready for our press applications because we have to renew this year.  But man I hate this part of the year with nothing much to do at all. I need to stay BUSY.