Author Topic: Sunday is a good Hall H day if you don't like lines.  (Read 2495 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Sunday is a good Hall H day if you don't like lines.
« on: July 24, 2017, 07:20:45 AM »
I didn't think I could get in, so I wasn't even going to bother. Then I ran into someone in the exhibit hall that said that Supernatural was still letting people in. So I walked over about 30 minutes before the panel started. Got into a chute and was in about 10 minutes later. When it started, there were plenty of seats left especially at the far corner by the men's restroom. I wanted to see Dr. Who, but wanted to at least walk the offsites I didn't get a chance to yet. So I left after Supernatural and came back 30 minutes before Dr. Who. There wasn't even a line at all. I just walked in and got an aisle seat 6 rows back from the front. I thought Dr. Who would be the big draw of the day. Caught the tail end of Dirk Gently.

So Sunday is a great day to go Hall H.

On a forum related note, I don't seem to be able to post in some threads. For example the "Hall H Advice and Tips" thread. Are only certain people allowed to post in those threads?

PS: The Supernatural panel was great. They had a surprise mini-concert before hand. A CCI official came out and announced there would be something special. They started playing a Dean and Sam are going to SDCC video. In the middle where they started playing the song that's basically the theme, they use it so much. The band Kansas was actually there to play it. It was a mini concert.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:30:42 AM by chocolateshake »

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
Re: Sunday is a good Hall H day if you don't like lines.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 03:03:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
PS: The Supernatural panel was great. They had a surprise mini-concert before hand. A CCI official came out and announced there would be something special. They started playing a Dean and Sam are going to SDCC video. In the middle where they started playing the song that's basically the theme, they use it so much. The band Kansas was actually there to play it. It was a mini concert.
This is where I was unorganized! I assumed I couldn't get in, and didn't try (or look on twitter as I often advise others). Now I am doubly bummed that I didn't give it a shot. We did go in for the Dirk Gently panel and the start of Doctor Who. Although, I do think we were busy shipping things at that time, so I am gonna blame my Funko obsession...

We found a video online-it looked epic! They even used the wraparound screens-fancy! (Although, it makes me wonder if this was some sort of send-off, or do they always use them?

On a forum related note, I don't seem to be able to post in some threads. For example the "Hall H Advice and Tips" thread. Are only certain people allowed to post in those threads?
That thread is locked, so you can't post to it. It was last active in 2015.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:07:30 PM by Angology »
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:36:41 AM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 05:07:23 PM »
This is where I was unorganized! I assumed I couldn't get in, and didn't try (or look on twitter as I often advise others). Now I am doubly bummed that I didn't give it a shot. We did go in for the Dirk Gently panel and the start of Doctor Who. Although, I do think we were busy shipping things at that time, so I am gonna blame my Funko obsession...

We found a video online-it looked epic! They even used the wraparound screens-fancy! (Although, it makes me wonder if this was some sort of send-off, or do they always use them?

I'm lucky I ran into someone on the exhibit floor that told me it was still open. Otherwise I would have seen the chutes and assumed they had waited overnight and passed.

The wrap around screens were awesome! I also wonder about that. I don't remember them being used for the Dr. Who panel but I was kind of far forward so maybe I just didn't notice. Did they use those screens for any other panel or were they just there for Kansas?

Offline ripresa

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 07:52:11 PM »
I think they were set up on Saturday

Offline eek

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 70
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 08:00:09 PM »
WB used the wraparound screens on their Saturday panel this year and last year (the only two times I've been in Hall H on Saturday).

Offline Lavendar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 08:34:26 PM »

PS: The Supernatural panel was great. They had a surprise mini-concert before hand. A CCI official came out and announced there would be something special. They started playing a Dean and Sam are going to SDCC video and then Kansas started singing "Carry On" LIVE!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:25:09 AM by Lavendar »

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 08:37:14 PM »
I'm lucky I ran into someone on the exhibit floor that told me it was still open. Otherwise I would have seen the chutes and assumed they had waited overnight and passed.

The wrap around screens were awesome! I also wonder about that. I don't remember them being used for the Dr. Who panel but I was kind of far forward so maybe I just didn't notice. Did they use those screens for any other panel or were they just there for Kansas?

It's rare because it costs big bucks to use. I've only seen them a handful of times. Marvel. Peter Jackson. Usually only studios with deep pockets break them out.

Offline rk23

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 02:11:40 PM »
I just walked in and got an aisle seat 6 rows back from the front.

I camped overnight to get a similar seat, and during every break there was a constant stream of people coming up and asking if there were any single seats open.  I'm not sure how you lucked out, but it wasn't generally a "walk in, get great seat" panel.  (Walk in, get a seat, sure; I don't think it ever 100% filled up.  But my husband, in back, said it was down to scattered seats by the time Doctor Who started.)  I was paranoid because I got in line Friday afternoon, assuming I'd be okay for Twin Peaks and Preacher once Game of Thrones ended and people cleared out.  Despite a huge exodus, only one chute was ever let in for Twin Peaks, and there wasn't any more movement until 15 minutes into Preacher.  I finally made it, but there were plenty of open seats and I don't know why we sat outside for a panel and a half.  It seemed like somebody had just forgotten to relay a message that it was okay to keep letting people in. 

The wraparound screens were only used for Supernatural on Sunday, and mostly had still images even then.  But they were pretty cool. 

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 05:45:03 PM »
I camped overnight to get a similar seat, and during every break there was a constant stream of people coming up and asking if there were any single seats open.  I'm not sure how you lucked out, but it wasn't generally a "walk in, get great seat" panel.  (Walk in, get a seat, sure; I don't think it ever 100% filled up.  But my husband, in back, said it was down to scattered seats by the time Doctor Who started.)  I was paranoid because I got in line Friday afternoon, assuming I'd be okay for Twin Peaks and Preacher once Game of Thrones ended and people cleared out.  Despite a huge exodus, only one chute was ever let in for Twin Peaks, and there wasn't any more movement until 15 minutes into Preacher.  I finally made it, but there were plenty of open seats and I don't know why we sat outside for a panel and a half.  It seemed like somebody had just forgotten to relay a message that it was okay to keep letting people in. 

The wraparound screens were only used for Supernatural on Sunday, and mostly had still images even then.  But they were pretty cool.

I didn't really luck out. There was a lot of turn over. The two seats next to me freed up during Dirk and two other people filled them. A seat in front of me was open from the time I got there until the break after Dirk. I'll take an aisle seat over a seat one row further up anytime.

Offline Lavendar

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 10:26:51 AM »
I didn't think I could get in, so I wasn't even going to bother. Then I ran into someone in the exhibit hall that said that Supernatural was still letting people in. So I walked over about 30 minutes before the panel started. Got into a chute and was in about 10 minutes later.

So Sunday is a great day to go Hall H.

Did you get the T-Shirt?

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 11:17:05 AM »
Did you get the T-Shirt?

I did! I didn't realize how cool it was until I showed it off to some people later on that day. I just grabbed it and shoved it in my bag. I didn't even realize the coolness, they pointed it out to me. I held it up for them to look at and they said it was cool that every Supernatural comic-con appearance with date and room number was on the shirt.

I hope it fits. It was one of those every shirt is the same things. Most times, they end up being too small for me. Or is it such a collectible that I shouldn't even wear it?

Offline Lavendar

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 11:57:26 AM »
it was a such a great intro, Panel was meh, that I may save it, almost seemed like a farewell, nooooooo it helps it will never fit me in a million years.