Author Topic: Marvel Studios Celebrity Signing SDCC 2017  (Read 9243 times)

Offline bmag

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 19
Marvel Studios Celebrity Signing SDCC 2017
« on: August 05, 2017, 08:31:58 AM »
Here's a quick clip of us at the Marvel Studios Booth Signing for Black Panther at this year's San Diego Comic Con SDCC 2017.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
Re: Marvel Studios Celebrity Signing SDCC 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 12:51:56 PM »
Cool to see they was so chill to come out into crowd some, i tried get pics from outside but by then the traffic was so bad they was yelling to move along as everyone tried get any pics lol. i guess any marvel signing i saw the red area just mad crazy and full with anyone who didnt get a band but tried get pics if was in the roped area at time.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:47:45 AM »

Offline bmag

• Freebie Table
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 02:33:19 PM »
Yeah the Black Panther Cast was totally friendly and interacted as much as they could with the limited time they had. Also, Marvel always takes care of the fans, but I see it does get a little to crowded at the Marvel booth come signing time. Tip: you can hang out at the back side of Marvel to see a cast arrive or leave if you need to take a pic. I'm just glad that Marvel continues to showcase every year at SDCC rather than pulling out and being held exclusively at D23.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Cool to see they was so chill to come out into crowd some, i tried get pics from outside but by then the traffic was so bad they was yelling to move along as everyone tried get any pics lol. i guess any marvel signing i saw the red area just mad crazy and full with anyone who didnt get a band but tried get pics if was in the roped area at time.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 04:10:43 PM »
Yeah the Black Panther Cast was totally friendly and interacted as much as they could with the limited time they had. Also, Marvel always takes care of the fans, but I see it does get a little to crowded at the Marvel booth come signing time. Tip: you can hang out at the back side of Marvel to see a cast arrive or leave if you need to take a pic. I'm just glad that Marvel continues to showcase every year at SDCC rather than pulling out and being held exclusively at D23.

I just wonder how easy it is to try catch them around back knowing how much traffic there is at time. it be cool if remember for next year to try and do that but volunteering i just gotta hope i can do so if it by chance happens after or before i checkin if all goes right at time. i just know traffic is worst now compared to years before so its like everyone is the paprazzi lol and staff yelling move along for safety reason and all lol. i just gotta check back over time and plan for next year and see how it goes . i guess we think they wont show if any cast cause disney owns marvel in ways so u think they wont show but they know SDCC helps to keep the hype alive every year.

Offline indiglow

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 51
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 07:50:06 PM »

Definitely possible to get pics. I've met the AOS cast this way.

Offline bmag

• Freebie Table
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 07:36:39 PM »
Nice! We met them too. They're all about the fans and surprisingly roam around the floor on occasions.

Definitely possible to get pics. I've met the AOS cast this way.

Offline bmag

• Freebie Table
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 10:14:27 AM »
The Tick cast was awesome also and had a word in with every Tick fan.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 11:45:38 AM »
I have had chance to meet and chat to celebs before the con got so big and beyond. meet richard hatch by chance from battlestar galactica series, aphrodite actress from hercules series, saw kelly hu at a booth, Lou ferrigno at a booth, variety others at a time con wasnt so popular as it is now. me a nd a buddy was hanging out at booth where richard hatch was cause he knew a guy who was part of teh reboot series and was told after we asked who just walked by since had some guys around him and was told it was james cameron at the time and we was like wow. also remeber took pics which supposedly didnt turn out right but stan winston who helped create the terminators at the time before he passed. so have met variety celebs over the years but lucky to meet any now cause of all the extra traffic now.

Offline bmag

• Freebie Table
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 09:20:28 AM »
We started going back in 2006 and I remember when the you could move freely anywhere and getting signings and exclusives were really simple. Times have change, but i'm glad SDCC will always be around.

I have had chance to meet and chat to celebs before the con got so big and beyond. meet richard hatch by chance from battlestar galactica series, aphrodite actress from hercules series, saw kelly hu at a booth, Lou ferrigno at a booth, variety others at a time con wasnt so popular as it is now. me a nd a buddy was hanging out at booth where richard hatch was cause he knew a guy who was part of teh reboot series and was told after we asked who just walked by since had some guys around him and was told it was james cameron at the time and we was like wow. also remeber took pics which supposedly didnt turn out right but stan winston who helped create the terminators at the time before he passed. so have met variety celebs over the years but lucky to meet any now cause of all the extra traffic now.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 11:45:22 AM »
We started going back in 2006 and I remember when the you could move freely anywhere and getting signings and exclusives were really simple. Times have change, but i'm glad SDCC will always be around.

As far as i know and remember i was able to get in back in 98 and some random times before but got bags saying 2002  or 2003. i got freebies here and there, some easy signings, exclusives wasnt my thing but got like witchblade action figure package signed still sealed signed by a guy i guess who designed the toys and if u got in line and he just grabbed a figure out of a box and signed it as it came out of box at a booth and was just giving to a guy who was helping who just passed out the figure as the top part of package on the paper was signed. there was like a line but not like there is today lol. u didnt choose the figure u wanted u basically just got what u got and no pushing or shoving it was more contained and all. miss those days and was like no rushing around lol. so over the years got alot of cool random stuff signed and pics as well.

Offline bmag

• Freebie Table
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 07:09:24 PM »
Wow, you are one of the original attendees. Must've been nice to enjoy all the spectacular happenings without the madness.

As far as i know and remember i was able to get in back in 98 and some random times before but got bags saying 2002  or 2003. i got freebies here and there, some easy signings, exclusives wasnt my thing but got like witchblade action figure package signed still sealed signed by a guy i guess who designed the toys and if u got in line and he just grabbed a figure out of a box and signed it as it came out of box at a booth and was just giving to a guy who was helping who just passed out the figure as the top part of package on the paper was signed. there was like a line but not like there is today lol. u didnt choose the figure u wanted u basically just got what u got and no pushing or shoving it was more contained and all. miss those days and was like no rushing around lol. so over the years got alot of cool random stuff signed and pics as well.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 10:43:12 AM »
Wow, you are one of the original attendees. Must've been nice to enjoy all the spectacular happenings without the madness.

Yea, it wasnt as hard to get a badge. didnt know about volunteering any to get in like free for each year, so this was like first to do that after all i have read and hope to do ea year possible. wasnt like a must have toy or figure like there is now to where everyone tried to get all and flip it at time unless there was and i just had no clue about it lol. hall h was a easy walk in compared to now lol. Comic-con has basically grown so big in ways that the offsite setups helps with the traffic somewhat i guess and lobby area helps as well so u dont have as much traffic sitting around and becoming a safety hazard, so good they hire help to maintain areas so incase of anything they are aware and can tell everyone to move or just have them file out walking and u would hope if emergency they just say skip scan badge and just leave do to any major event at time, cause in emergency scans would be too time consuming and delay help at time.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 08:22:19 PM »
Thirteen-second clip of signing at Marvel Booth at the 2017 San Diego Comic-Con Saturday, July 22, 2017.  It's only 13 seconds long because some security guy in blue told me to keep moving.

WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 11:35:44 AM »
Yea, i can tell cause the con has grown so big and safety hassles that they gotta keep traffic moving any way possible even if some dont care cause they think if not capture video or a pic they may collapse at time so they risk anything for that lil bit of footage. i tried to get what i can of black panther cast on stage but of course they kept yelling to move along lol so i got some random pics.

Offline bmag

• Freebie Table
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2017, 08:19:14 PM »
Okay, took this video down since I received a warning that their was copyright music. Cleared it all up with youtube since the music was freesource and the video is back up now.