Author Topic: FoCC Fantasy Football league 2017  (Read 30911 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: FoCC Fantasy Football league 2017
« Reply #270 on: December 05, 2017, 06:54:30 AM »
Playoff brackets are up! Congratulations to those who made the cut. For those in the consolation bracket, I am right there with you (again.)

Haven't done any special prizes in a while, details coming later. And even though every time I say or think this the universe dumps a metric crap ton of work drama on me, I'm saying it anyway. Maybe a recap coming later today or tomorrow?

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #271 on: December 07, 2017, 08:05:46 AM »
I’m not trying to sound like a jerk, just could the teams not in the playoffs not pick up any FA’s anymore, please? Unless it was noted by the commissioner that you could, you should let the teams that are in it do the signing. I would be following this rule if I wasn’t in the playoffs. Anyway, good luck everyone! It starts tonight!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:08:34 AM by Mario Wario »
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #272 on: Today at 02:29:48 AM »

Offline corgikohmander

• Exhibit Hall
    • Twitter
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #272 on: December 07, 2017, 08:12:42 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I’m not trying to sound like a jerk, just could the teams not in the playoffs not pick up any FA’s anymore, please? Unless it was noted by the commissioner, you should let the teams that are in it do the signing. I would be following this rule if I wasn’t in the playoffs. Anyway, good luck everyone! It starts tonight!
I play in 3 other fantasy leagues. Two of them there are penalties and awards for finishing first and last in the consolation bracket so there isn’t any FA restrictions. As for the other league it’s a work league with a lot of trash talk and super competitive. There aren’t any playoff FA restrictions so some non-playoff teams take the joker’s approach and just want to watch the league burn. To each their own.
San Diego Comic-Con: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
WonderCon: 2013,2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Emerald City Comic-Con: 2017, 2018
E3: 2016, 2017, 2018
Comikaze: 2014,2015
Long Beach Comic-Con: 2015
Heroes & Villains Fanfest San Jose: 2015
Regrets? That I didn't start going to SDCC sooner.

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
« Reply #273 on: December 07, 2017, 08:19:14 AM »
I play in 3 other fantasy leagues. Two of them there are penalties and awards for finishing first and last in the consolation bracket so there isn’t any FA restrictions. As for the other league it’s a work league with a lot of trash talk and super competitive. There aren’t any playoff FA restrictions so some non-playoff teams take the joker’s approach and just want to watch the league burn. To each their own.
I know, just I guess I follow an old rule. But I won’t lie, that work league sounds super fun!

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #274 on: December 07, 2017, 08:24:51 AM »
I’m not trying to sound like a jerk, just could the teams not in the playoffs not pick up any FA’s anymore, please? Unless it was noted by the commissioner that you could, you should let the teams that are in it do the signing. I would be following this rule if I wasn’t in the playoffs. Anyway, good luck everyone! It starts tonight!

I play in four leagues. In all, almost everyone fights until the last breath to finish ahead of at least one other team. No surrender!

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #275 on: December 07, 2017, 08:40:02 AM »
I know, just I guess I follow an old rule. But I won’t lie, that work league sounds super fun!

We haven't used FA restrictions in previous years and we do have a consolation bracket and a last place "prize", so I would rather keep a bit of competition going for people that aren't in the championship bracket, (like me  :( ) I will certainly put it out there for discussion as a possible rule for next year, would that be reasonable? I was in a league a while ago where the rule was that non playoff teams could pick up FAs but not make waiver claims, so there may be room for an in-between solution.

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
« Reply #276 on: December 07, 2017, 09:06:25 AM »
We haven't used FA restrictions in previous years and we do have a consolation bracket and a last place "prize", so I would rather keep a bit of competition going for people that aren't in the championship bracket, (like me  :( ) I will certainly put it out there for discussion as a possible rule for next year, would that be reasonable? I was in a league a while ago where the rule was that non playoff teams could pick up FAs but not make waiver claims, so there may be room for an in-between solution.
Oops! That’s right, forgot about that. Hehe! So I’m cool with it, since you are too. Likewise, for that rule for next year. :)

Offline corgikohmander

• Exhibit Hall
    • Twitter
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #277 on: December 07, 2017, 09:10:00 AM »
In one of our family leagues the “reward” for last place is a deflated football statue we titled El Flácido. The trophy has to be put in prominent display in the home for the entire off season. In the other family league last place has to pay for the consolidation bracket first place’s league dues for the next year.
San Diego Comic-Con: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
WonderCon: 2013,2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Emerald City Comic-Con: 2017, 2018
E3: 2016, 2017, 2018
Comikaze: 2014,2015
Long Beach Comic-Con: 2015
Heroes & Villains Fanfest San Jose: 2015
Regrets? That I didn't start going to SDCC sooner.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #278 on: December 07, 2017, 09:35:21 AM »

Haven't done any special prizes in a while, details coming later. And even though every time I say or think this the universe dumps a metric crap ton of work drama on me, I'm saying it anyway. Maybe a recap coming later today or tomorrow?

I should know better than to tempt the universe like that, grumble.

Anyhoo .... some prize announcements!

I had planned to give a prize to whoever picked up Josh Gordon first, but then 2 teams did it at the same time. So I figured I'd wait to see who played him first, but then both teams did. So I will have to award both [member=2143]TheOtherMel[/member] and [member=5544]Deathbyjackal[/member] ! (I won't make the prize any of the obvious pharmaceutical things so (a) don't worry and (b) don't get your hopes up.)

Also some good luck/bad luck prizes, one to [member=3545]sassafrass[/member] for having the lowest points total of all of the teams in the playoffs, and to [member=1]alyssa[/member] for having the highest points total of all the teams in the consolation brackets.

Speaking of points, congratulations to TheOtherMel and to Gavin for having the most points in their leagues, TheOtherMel the highest overall at 1591. No prizes here since TheOtherMel is getting something for Gordon, and I'll just give Gavin a solid fatherly slap on the back.

Overall, both leagues were pretty flat with most people who didn't make the playoffs just a game or two away from making the cut. Both leagues are led by a team with an impressive 11-2 record ( [member=2835]straightline3[/member] and [member=3450]Cut That Meat[/member] ), followed by a team with a 9-4 record (Gavin and TheOtherMel.) May all 4 of you enjoy a well-deserved week of rest.

No rest for anyone else, the championship brackets have:

[member=846]rando[/member] versus [member=819]brand4d2[/member]
[member=5606]tsnyder[/member] versus [member=2389]Mario Wario[/member]
[member=414]karatekid[/member] versus [member=2226]Mel[/member]
[member=2125]mickeyjack3[/member] versus [member=3545]sassafrass[/member]

with the rest of us assorted nuts battling it out in the consolation bracket.

In one of our family leagues the “reward” for last place is a deflated football statue we titled El Flácido. The trophy has to be put in prominent display in the home for the entire off season. In the other family league last place has to pay for the consolidation bracket first place’s league dues for the next year.

That's awesome! I need to think of something for the family league this year, last year we sent a pizza to the last place person's house. This person is a noted meat eater who hates artichokes so he got an extra-large veggie lovers pizza with extra you-know-what.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #279 on: December 09, 2017, 08:27:20 AM »
I didn't write this yellow status bar message for open reg, but it speaks to me

Welcome to the waiting room! We’re putting together a team. You, me, Loki, the big guy and I'll call us the umm, The Badgers. Yes, because I want a badge, you want a badge, he wants a badg... We really don't need a name... #ThorRagnarok

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #280 on: December 09, 2017, 08:28:26 AM »
I didn't write this yellow status bar message for open reg, but it speaks to me

Welcome to the waiting room! We’re putting together a team. You, me, Loki, the big guy and I'll call us the umm, The Badgers. Yes, because I want a badge, you want a badge, he wants a badg... We really don't need a name... #ThorRagnarok
I just saw it and immediately thought of the Badger League!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sassafrass

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #281 on: December 09, 2017, 08:19:10 PM »
I should know better than to tempt the universe like that, grumble.

Anyhoo .... some prize announcements!

I had planned to give a prize to whoever picked up Josh Gordon first, but then 2 teams did it at the same time. So I figured I'd wait to see who played him first, but then both teams did. So I will have to award both [member=2143]TheOtherMel[/member] and [member=5544]Deathbyjackal[/member] ! (I won't make the prize any of the obvious pharmaceutical things so (a) don't worry and (b) don't get your hopes up.)

Also some good luck/bad luck prizes, one to [member=3545]sassafrass[/member] for having the lowest points total of all of the teams in the playoffs, and to [member=1]alyssa[/member] for having the highest points total of all the teams in the consolation brackets.

Speaking of points, congratulations to TheOtherMel and to Gavin for having the most points in their leagues, TheOtherMel the highest overall at 1591. No prizes here since TheOtherMel is getting something for Gordon, and I'll just give Gavin a solid fatherly slap on the back.

Overall, both leagues were pretty flat with most people who didn't make the playoffs just a game or two away from making the cut. Both leagues are led by a team with an impressive 11-2 record ( [member=2835]straightline3[/member] and [member=3450]Cut That Meat[/member] ), followed by a team with a 9-4 record (Gavin and TheOtherMel.) May all 4 of you enjoy a well-deserved week of rest.

No rest for anyone else, the championship brackets have:

[member=846]rando[/member] versus [member=819]brand4d2[/member]
[member=5606]tsnyder[/member] versus [member=2389]Mario Wario[/member]
[member=414]karatekid[/member] versus [member=2226]Mel[/member]
[member=2125]mickeyjack3[/member] versus [member=3545]sassafrass[/member]

with the rest of us assorted nuts battling it out in the consolation bracket.

That's awesome! I need to think of something for the family league this year, last year we sent a pizza to the last place person's house. This person is a noted meat eater who hates artichokes so he got an extra-large veggie lovers pizza with extra you-know-what.
Let's do this , how I made it to the playoffs with my team is beyond me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #282 on: December 14, 2017, 11:56:04 AM »
Everyone plays this week! Colts v Broncos tonight but there are also two Saturday games this week , Chargers-Chiefs and Lions-Bears (oh my!)

We are down to 8 teams for the overall championship, quick reminder that that goes to the league winner with the most points in the final week.

In the Badgers we have [member=3450]Cut That Meat[/member] v [member=2226]Mel[/member] and [member=2143]TheOtherMel[/member] v [member=2125]mickeyjack3[/member]

and in the Otters it's [member=2835]straightline3[/member] v [member=846]rando[/member] and Gavin v [member=5606]tsnyder[/member]

If straightline3 wins again this year I won't necessarily give him this prize

but I'm not ruling it out either :)

Good luck to all!

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #283 on: December 18, 2017, 11:47:53 AM »
Both [member=2835]straightline3[/member] and Gavin had big weeks (as did most people who had Gurley or Hunt on their team.) straightline3's total easily one of the highest this season. I'm too lazy to check.

Here's a reenactment of him versus [member=846]rando[/member] , courtesy of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

[member=5606]tsnyder[/member] could catch Gavin if Sanu has a big week. @mickeyjack3 needs Sanu to come through as well, right now he's just 3.1 points behind [member=2143]TheOtherMel[/member] . (I keep wanting to type TheOtterMel.)  Neither [member=2226]Mel[/member] nor [member=3450]Cut That Meat[/member] have any players left this week so that match is locked up with Cut That Meat taking the win.

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #284 on: December 18, 2017, 12:31:41 PM »
The turtle is mike evans, right?  hehehe hey he only needs like 16 catches, 226 yards and 6 touchdowns, amirite?  well just in case he falls a little short, congrats to the binary mutineers (aka the bynars...yes that's an stng ref)  ;)