Author Topic: FoCC Fantasy Football league 2017  (Read 30915 times)

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
Re: FoCC Fantasy Football league 2017
« Reply #180 on: October 09, 2017, 03:37:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There are a few matchups still to be determined tonight, but there's a strong possibility that all of the 4-0 teams will have their first loss. Not to mention the new Star Wars trailer during the game (and tickets going on sale.)

It isn’t over yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #181 on: October 09, 2017, 04:37:33 PM »
It isn’t over yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for Melville. Also,

You still have a chance! I have a conflict of interest however, since if your remaining players do too well I lose to my sister-in-law in the family league.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #182 on: Today at 05:39:30 AM »

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2017, 08:03:07 AM »
I play in 2 leagues. One for money and this one for pride. In BOTH, I forgot to set my teams this week b/c I was just so busy, it slipped my mind. In the other league I left someone on a BYE in there and still won. In this one I left 2 players I'd planned to swap out as starters and I still won. Maybe I have just been beating myself? LOL
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline TheOtherMel

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 125
« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2017, 08:51:08 AM »
In my family league i'm 0-4-1, with the tie happening last night.  I ........can.........not........catch a break in that league. I'm heading down the road of being the ultimate loser and the ultimate loser has to wear this to the X'mas party slash awards night.

Twitter feed: @mel641

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #184 on: October 12, 2017, 09:29:17 AM »
Love the shirt!

First off, there's so much awful news these days so I'm going to start with a nice story. I'm cranky as well since our dog kept us up all night so because of that let's make it a nice dog story. We live near the coast and at 10am on the first Wednesday of every month they do a test of the tsunami warning system. Right before the test a person gets on the speaker and tells us that this is just a test, nothing to worry about, etc. So one Wednesday the speaker goes on and the guy starts to talk, but there's a dog in the room with him that immediately starts barking. It takes a while for the guy to get control of the situation so in the meantime the dog is being broadcast for miles around, and hundreds of other dogs start barking and howling back. It was glorious. I remember thinking that, for a dog, that must be one of the greatest things one could ever do, for that brief period of time that dog achieved maximum doghood.   

This week's recap is in honor of a blogger I used to follow. I don't know exactly where he lived, I think maybe Taiwan, and the site went down years ago but he had really great analyses of fantasy football and sports in general but also used some sort of translation software that often had really funny results. Some things were pretty basic, for example Michael Bush would come through as Michael Shrub, but every now and then there would be these wonderful sentences like "The Lakers don't have the best players but they do have the best divorce lawyers." So for that blogger of the past, and also in reference to all of the famous anecdotes about computer based translation, I have taken a mostly boring recap and taken it from English to French to Yoruba, then to Swedish with a short hop over to Finnish, to Russian by way of Hindi, a quick stop at Spanish and then back to English. (The original is in spoiler space below.) Go Pants!

ONLY FIVE WEEKS!

Some of the fundamental fundamental molecules of the past week are partially possible, since the first normal week combines with all the pain and stress. All groups that have never been leaders are the first fight, but others see their first corner. During the months Gavin and TK 415650 have bad luck at all levels, and the three tribes and the 4 D2 character fell there. AMC won his first death, at the expense of Jack, and for greater damage the German death (and I) lost Obez at that time. A large power plant, in the hands of the Corgi Commander and working with Prescott and Green, Alex Smith is one of the most successful projects of the week. Game Alyssa and Mario Wario little closer, this protection is loaded in a scheme of potential, the Jaguar helps solve some of these problems, there are also some opportunities for Brady, but it is not Aleks Smit, in Nanyu South weekly Cuddder weekly short in both high levels of all two percent from their point of view.

Increase the defeat of the country, win the victory (in particular) and win more and more to win the meat. Old email chose Deshaun Watson, who helped him with all three muscles, I encountered a spell on stage and on the subway, in which the delegates (who are not described by Fornet) played Carlo. In this league there are fast restrictions on mail, the best calculation for real security and bribes, but a big day of great depression began. After all, Kid Kid has good manners, but for DCUO dust. A good step will not take care of him, I hope he will soon come back to us.

Without a phone or test, we have the highest expectations on Wednesday that everything is basically expected six weeks after the start of the Eagle vs. Pants! Good for everyone!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline TheOtherMel

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 125
« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2017, 09:42:41 AM »
Thank God for that spoiler, I was "Lost in Translation."   :P

LoL Michael "Shrub" that sounds awesome!

Twitter feed: @mel641

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2017, 12:17:59 PM »
that's hilarious and a lesson for all of us that depend on google translate
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2017, 12:44:11 PM »

Not to be confused with Roger the Shrubber (Python again).

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2017, 04:52:45 PM »

There was something similar with Rob Gronkowski, it would come through as "Steal Gronkowski" or something.

Tried to pick up Alfred Morris earlier but [member=3450]Cut That Meat[/member] beat me by minutes!

Offline Cut That Meat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 176
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2017, 05:13:14 PM »
There was something similar with Rob Gronkowski, it would come through as "Steal Gronkowski" or something.

Tried to pick up Alfred Morris earlier but [member=3450]Cut That Meat[/member] beat me by minutes!

First thing I did when I heard the suspension news 8)
SDCC 2008, 2010-11, 2013-19, 2022-23
WC 2014-16, 2023
D23 2015, 2017, 2019, 2022
ECCC 2019

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2017, 07:21:31 PM »
"Finally, karatekid had a decent score but a big win over dcuodust, it doesn't look like the latter took care of his lineup"

What comes around goes around. I'm pretty sure it was week 1 but I played an injured player because I didn't take care of my lineup and my only viable option had I would've propelled me to victory so someone out has an * WIN too!!  ;) O:-)

"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #191 on: October 15, 2017, 05:37:36 PM »
ack

Offline Cut That Meat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 176
« Reply #192 on: October 18, 2017, 11:54:29 AM »
Looks like we got a biiiiiig matchup in the Badgers league this week between [member=2125]mickeyjack3[/member] and myself, the top 2 teams at 5-1.
SDCC 2008, 2010-11, 2013-19, 2022-23
WC 2014-16, 2023
D23 2015, 2017, 2019, 2022
ECCC 2019

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #193 on: October 18, 2017, 02:37:10 PM »
Looks like we got a biiiiiig matchup in the Badgers league this week between [member=2125]mickeyjack3[/member] and myself, the top 2 teams at 5-1.
I actually prefer all the 3-3 vs 3-3 and 2-4 vs 2-4 matchups myself.  ;)
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2017, 10:07:44 PM »
any day i get 38 points off a wr is a good day, what a fickle grandiose lot they are

and yes i remembered to mind my team.... even picked up on the injured / likely out for the a few games Sanders
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5