Author Topic: X-Files Season 11 ((SPOILERS))  (Read 3470 times)

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
X-Files Season 11 ((SPOILERS))
« on: January 05, 2018, 02:47:59 PM »
While it was great seeing Mulder and Scully back on TV perhaps an X-File should be created for the lack of a decent script.  What happened?!

As many of you know I am a die hard X-Files fan.  When the show first aired Friday nights on FOX, I wouldn't go out until after watching an episode.  When Sacramento hosted the first ever X-Files convention, I was there; met Skinner and Frohike.  Bought the first ever X-Files shirt.  The X-Files B20 panel a couple of years ago was the only panel I cared about that year.  I even have whole episodes memorized from repeated viewings with Darin Morgan's scripts being some of my favorite but I am not a blind fan.

There is no excuse for bad writing and this episode sadly has plenty.  Season 11 begins with narrative inconsisteny by making the end of Season 10, when Mulder who is on a bridge is blown up by a UFO all a part of Scully's seizure.  Carter pulls a dues ex machina.  It didn't really happen.  The bad writing continues with characters are not themselves especially Scully.  While having the onset of a seizure behind the wheel Scully continues to drive.  She wouldn't do that.  She would pull over and not endanger civilians.  The scene comes off a bit sexist with the fainting female troupe.  She's got more brains than that.  Speaking of sexism ...

For Chris Carter to use rape "with science" by the Cigarette Smoking Man (CSM) is unconscionable.  Apparently, CSM raped Scully with science, making William now Mulder's brother.  This article goes into more depth:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  I find this plot twist just disgusting.

As for the rest of this season, I want to believe it will be good but the character assassination of Scully is not a good sign.
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
Re: X-Files Season 11 ((SPOILERS))
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 08:24:09 PM »
I was really looking forward to Monster of the Week episodes, which I thought I'd read would be the focus of the new season.  The first episode was a disappointment.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:42:04 PM »

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 08:34:25 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was really looking forward to Monster of the Week episodes, which I thought I'd read would be the focus of the new season.  The first episode was a disappointment.

Me too!  My family and I are actually watching Alpha which was a great MotW episode for X-Files.

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 11:17:00 AM »
At this point I’m telling myself that was a lying sack of lies from CSM. 

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 01:36:34 PM »
At this point I’m telling myself that was a lying sack of lies from CSM.

Good call.  Maybe this is all CSM's vision quest.  ;)

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 08:26:01 AM »
The critics who have watched a handful of this season's episodes said that the premiere was the worst of the bunch, so I have hope for the rest of the season.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 11:30:49 AM »
The critics who have watched a handful of this season's episodes said that the premiere was the worst of the bunch, so I have hope for the rest of the season.

Fingers crossed!!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 06:03:16 AM »
I am basking in the afterglow of last night's episode.....ahhh...yes!! :-*
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 07:29:15 AM »
I am basking in the afterglow of last night's episode.....ahhh...yes!! :-*

It's hard to believe Chris Carter wrote it. :) I think the last two episodes have been pretty decent.

Offline Xircuits

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 11:26:51 AM »
I was not happy about the first 2 episodes of this season. I was never a fan of the "super solder" plot line, but I really cannot explain why. It just seemed cheap or poorly written?

I live Tweet when I watch and this past episode was great. I loved the Monster of the Week episodes in past seasons and this one is a lot like that. Chuck/Judy duo was a lot of fun. If you haven't started on the season, this is the episode to start with.
Handle for most social media & gaming accounts: @Xircuits

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 02:13:32 PM »
I agree, great Episode #3!!  Looking forward to next Wednesday  ;D

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 07:45:04 PM »
I was not happy about the first 2 episodes of this season. I was never a fan of the "super solder" plot line, but I really cannot explain why. It just seemed cheap or poorly written?

I live Tweet when I watch and this past episode was great. I loved the Monster of the Week episodes in past seasons and this one is a lot like that. Chuck/Judy duo was a lot of fun. If you haven't started on the season, this is the episode to start with.

What is your Twitter handle?  It would be fun to talk about the episode as it happens.  :)

Episode 3 was a step up but didn't suck me in.  Why was Dana making the crazy paranormal conclusions instead of Mulder?  Out of character imo.

Offline Xircuits

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 08:11:55 PM »
What is your Twitter handle?  It would be fun to talk about the episode as it happens.  :)

Episode 3 was a step up but didn't suck me in.  Why was Dana making the crazy paranormal conclusions instead of Mulder?  Out of character imo.
My Twitter handle is the same as here.

It sounded like Scully tried to keep her scientific head screwed on, but the more she saw her alter-ego, fear kicked in and reasoning went out the window. In one of the discussions she had with Mulder, she did bring up Occam's Razor, I think something along the lines of all things being equal the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. That's something I can definitely relate to, especially if you see yourself in your car rear view mirror looking at you in an evil way while you're driving. A lot of people on Twitter mentioned the haunted house episode with Ed Asner and Lily Tomlin as one of the reasons why Scully was sort of buying into all the supernatural in this episode.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Handle for most social media & gaming accounts: @Xircuits

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 04:37:14 PM »
This week's episode was phenomenal!  The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat is phenomenal with some truly great lines like Mulder's, "Confuse The Twilight Zone with Outer Limits?!  Do you even know me?!"  There are so many pluses to this episode: topical and culturally relevant, characters were in character ... I really felt the magic of the old X-Files!  Like the last season, Morgan's script is easily the highlight.  I nearly sprayed my drink when they showed Reggie asleep at the Security and Exchange Commission!  The preview for next week looks amazing as well.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 06:23:46 PM »
This week's episode was phenomenal!  The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat is phenomenal with some truly great lines like Mulder's, "Confuse The Twilight Zone with Outer Limits?!  Do you even know me?!"  There are so many pluses to this episode: topical and culturally relevant, characters were in character ... I really felt the magic of the old X-Files!  Like the last season, Morgan's script is easily the highlight.  I nearly sprayed my drink when they showed Reggie asleep at the Security and Exchange Commission!  The preview for next week looks amazing as well.

Easily one of my favorite episodes ever. Going to have to watch it a few more times.