Author Topic: Museum of Ice Cream?  (Read 2904 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: Museum of Ice Cream?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 10:00:39 PM »
Thatnks [member=1908]jazzyj[/member] for the notes! I hadn't even heard of the Color Factory. Hard to keep up with everything these days.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 07:46:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yup! I mean you don't have to but I know a lot of the people that we were grouped with were talking about how they tried to pick the right outfit that would work in photos and by the end of it we all sort of came up with the conclusion that white worked best with the backsplash of the rooms. I personally didn't wear white but I sort of wished I did.

Ah, okay! That's not something I would have thought of. Thanks for the tip.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:13:38 PM »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 03:14:06 PM »
Our day arrived at last. The experience is pretty much what the name suggests. You're not going to find the sustaining intellectual nourishment available at many other SF museums, but you will get a completely enjoyable sensory and sugary overload. My daughter and her friends absolutely loved it. I enjoyed it too although as we progressed I found myself more in the role of jacket/camera/purse carrier so they could run amok.

When you get there you will see a line outside, it moved pretty quickly and I got the sense that they were more worried about capacity than anything. We arrived a bit early for our 2:00 slot but they let us in around 1:40 or so. It took us about an hour to go through. They don't rush you and you will spend a good bit of time waiting for people ahead of you to finish their photos. In general you can't go back to previous rooms. Some rooms have selfie stations where you can email yourself stills and videos. There are bathrooms about halfway through. There are some bottlenecks in places like the unicorn room and before the sprinkle pool. (I can't believe I just typed that last sentence.) 

Random observations:

We have a small bowl filled with some of the plastic sprinkles from the "pool" that managed to make their way to our house despite our best efforts. You'll be finding those for weeks. You'll also notice them on the ground for blocks around the museum.

They will tell you you can ask for seconds but it's easy to forget since it's so visually overwhelming. But yeah, you can ask for seconds.

Try all of the mochi flavors.

You don't have to put the whole bag of Pop Rocks in your mouth at once. But I did, just saying.

At the very end they have ice cream you can buy, which was the last thing we needed at that point. I would have gone for a jerky stick or something.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 03:48:49 PM »
LOL, sounds like we're doing it right! We have 11 am tickets, so we plan to do the museum, then go for lunch. Sounds like we'll be ready for something salty at that point.

Mark, that's a great review! And your'e right, so many of those sentences, if taken out of context, would sound bizarre.

I know my daughter will follow your example with the Pop Rocks. Just sayin'. ;)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:54:00 PM by Transmute Jun »

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2018, 12:33:45 PM »
So our visit to the museum of ice cream will be on Sunday... and just in time for our visit is this article...

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 01:15:19 PM »
So our visit to the museum of ice cream will be on Sunday... and just in time for our visit is this article...

Have fun! We still find those @#!$%@! sprinkles in the house every now and then.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2018, 02:53:05 PM »
We had a lot of fun! We were looking but did not see any sprinkles on the ground outside of the museum. They told us that they were very careful about cleaning them up every day.

We had a lot of fun, and the treats were good, but I feel like the price should have been half of what we paid. We were probably subsidizing expensive San Francisco rents. But it as a fun splurge.

The mochi were the best! And yes, I made sure to have all 3. But I felt weird asking, because no one else requested seconds, let alone thirds...   :-[