Author Topic: Are you allowed to bring your own items to get autographed?  (Read 2556 times)

Offline ahbbb

• Room 6BCF
    • autograph hounds blah blah blog
  • Liked: 46
Re: Are you allowed to bring your own items to get autographed?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 04:25:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
In all that experience, have you ever tried to get something other than the poster signed at WB?  I was really hoping to have the JL cast all sign a JL comic (or even just one of them), but it sounds like odds of that are pretty low...
WB security has the tightest security.
They have their own security crew (not the people from the convention center).
I actually think they carry guns.
For the Tom Cruise signing, some guy cut into the line to take pictures. As security moved to him, he ran away. They ran after him and caught him.
It all happened very fast and I heard the security guys talk about deleting the photos.

For the tv/movie studios, I would not push the issue of trying to get something signed other the official item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A Brave Man Likes to Feel the Weather on his Face
A Wise Man Knows When to Get Out of the Rain

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 04:54:54 AM »
WB security has the tightest security.
They have their own security crew (not the people from the convention center).
I actually think they carry guns.
For the Tom Cruise signing, some guy cut into the line to take pictures. As security moved to him, he ran away. They ran after him and caught him.
It all happened very fast and I heard the security guys talk about deleting the photos.

For the tv/movie studios, I would not push the issue of trying to get something signed other the official item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
General the studios do not allow anything else than what they provide. The studio folks and security could potentially boot you from the line if you do not follow the protocols and the will be strict on that so my advice would be to enjoy the moment and take the item they provide.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 07:58:00 AM »

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 09:47:54 AM »
I try not to bother with those signings as attendees are pushed through those lines like cattle. I did it once and that was enough for me. In addition, being on the outside isn't much better as you're constantly shouted at by security to "keep it moving."

It would be nice if they had a "Walk of Fame" room like DragonCon where all the celebs sign, take photos and do selfies for a fee. I'd rather pay for it straight out than waste time in a lottery line only to have your poster crinkled up by the time you get it back to your hotel... and that's IF you're lucky enough to pull a winning ticket.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:25:14 AM by sylent_asassin »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 10:07:47 AM »
General the studios do not allow anything else than what they provide. The studio folks and security could potentially boot you from the line if you do not follow the protocols and the will be strict on that so my advice would be to enjoy the moment and take the item they provide.

That was one of the big pluses of Conival. They would sign literally anything. One guy brought a big stack of comics, books and artwork for Robert Kirkman to sign. He got to work and signed everything. A bunch of people brought copies of American Gods for the Neil Gaiman to sign. No lines, no huge crowds just stroll in to see and meet many of the same people that were in Hall H. Sadly, the Conival panels are no more. Not happening this year. :(