Author Topic: Any way to adjust the forum clock?  (Read 5191 times)

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
Any way to adjust the forum clock?
« on: February 14, 2017, 02:31:31 PM »
[member=1]alyssa[/member] [member=1233]jopari[/member] , is there anyway to adjust the time used in the forums?  The postings are being time-stamped about 3 minutes later than actual time.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Any way to adjust the forum clock?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 03:31:16 PM »
That's weird! I was able to change the forum clock to my time zone (it's under Profile, then down to the submenu below with 'Modify Profile', then Look and Layout, then fill in the time offset).

Huh, maybe that will adjust minutes too?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:05:49 AM »

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 03:41:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That's weird! I was able to change the forum clock to my time zone (it's under Profile, then down to the submenu below with 'Modify Profile', then Look and Layout, then fill in the time offset).

Huh, maybe that will adjust minutes too?
It's strange, if I go into the settings it shows: Current forum time: February 14, 2017, 03:40:03 pm, but it's only 3:37 pm.

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 04:08:38 PM »
Here's a screen grab I took right after a browser refresh comparing the forum and timeanddate.com times...

Notice that the forum time is 2 minutes and 53 seconds fast.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 09:27:41 AM »
Here's a screen grab I took right after a browser refresh comparing the forum and timeanddate.com times...

Notice that the forum time is 2 minutes and 53 seconds fast.

[member=3710]SteveD[/member] I understand what you're describing.  I am not sure when I'll have time to look into this- jopari may know a quick way of dealing with this- I'm pretty jammed up till i get through ECCC.

I'll try and take a look after eccc while on va-ka in a couple of weeks.  it's the type of problem i enjoy messing with. ;) very relaxing.

besides i need admin-ie stuff to do or the [member=1060]DRWHO42[/member] will put me to work writing. Have i said how much i hate writing?

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 11:37:12 AM »
[member=3710]SteveD[/member] I understand what you're describing.  I am not sure when I'll have time to look into this- jopari may know a quick way of dealing with this- I'm pretty jammed up till i get through ECCC.

I'll try and take a look after eccc while on va-ka in a couple of weeks.  it's the type of problem i enjoy messing with. ;) very relaxing.

besides i need admin-ie stuff to do or the [member=1060]DRWHO42[/member] will put me to work writing. Have i said how much i hate writing?
No rush on looking into this, I just wasn't sure if it was just me or not.

It seems that SMF gets it's time directly from the server, so that means the server clock must have drifted a bit.

Certainly nothing that needs dealing with while you are on vacation.

Thanks.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 11:56:45 AM »
No rush on looking into this, I just wasn't sure if it was just me or not.

It seems that SMF gets it's time directly from the server, so that means the server clock must have drifted a bit.

Certainly nothing that needs dealing with while you are on vacation.

Thanks.

oohh, sometimes it's nice to work on a tech problem rather then dealing with social stuff.... I do agree it's got to do with the server time since the clock below, the one that show's PT, goes out to another place for a different time hence them not being in sync.

I can't dive to deep 'cuz that's really jopari's domain & he requires me to servery document everything i do --- LOL- /see my earlier statement abt writing/
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 02:48:43 PM »

No comment ..... lol
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 11:29:23 AM »
You might want to crop your IP Address out of that photo. Not a major deal, but I wouldn't want my IP Address showing to everyone. Not sure what's going on with your posting time, but just curious why it would matter if it was only a few minutes off.

Looks like server time might be off. I was watching as a few new posts came up and they seem to be off, too. Posting this at 11:16:00 Pacific time just to test.

Yep... check out the top left corner of the page (where the greeting is). The bottom line is time provided by timeanddate.com and the one above it appears to be the server time. Posts obviously are going to use the server's time when tagging. Just needs some adjusting.

Tickets went up first.

I don't know, the post time is off, just posted at :15, not 7 minutes ago.

Confirmed posting time is off on PC forum and Tapatalk posts as well.