Author Topic: SDCC 2017 Room Sharing Thread  (Read 20009 times)

Offline Zeushero

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
Re: SDCC 2017 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2017, 08:18:21 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: Zeus
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown less than 1 block from the convention center.  We always stay within 1 block from the convention center.
Days: Tuesday 7/18 and Sunday 7/23
Price Per Night:  Around 49/night.
Smoking/Drinking: No and no. Not a party room. Not smoking in the room

Spaces: 3 spots in the room from Tuesday 7/18 and Sunday night 7/23
Floor spots. Sunday night we might have half a bed free.
Rest of the weekend is all full of our friends.

Preferences and Description:
Age Preference of Roommates: We are between 24 and 35 I believe. Our friend will bring her 13 year old child halfway into the weekend.
Gender Preference of Roommates: Our group is co-ed. Mostly males. Gender preference would be female but anyone is welcome.
Include a brief description about yourself:  Myself I have worked staffed or volunteered at over 15 conventions in the U.S. over the past 10 years. This is my 4th year at SDCC volunteering. I am a 27 year old male and I am into scifi and anime. Don't really party. Just go to conventions for the premieres and events. I have posted in the room sharing thread every year and always find people to join us in our hotel.

Additional preferences for roommates: You have to be organized clean and respectful of others. Respectful of each other and each others belongings. Should not mind a room full of strangers since we are all SDCC family here.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:34:57 PM by Zeushero »
Crew: NYCC, C2E2, [E]
Staff: AnimeExpo, AnimeBoston, Otakon,
Volunteer: SDCC, ACentral, Dragoncon, 4PointsFest, AnimeNYC

Offline heychalice

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2017, 08:26:32 AM »
Name: Chalice
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: No preference
Days: Thursday 720 to Sunday 7/23 (possibly open to leaving Saturday night)
Price Per Night: Looking to share a room, Max is $400 for total stay
Smoking/Drinking: No preference
Spaces: I don't mind how many people are in the room and somewhere to sleep, not on the floor lol

Age Preference of Roommates: 19-30
Gender Preference of Roommates: ALL FEMALE
Include a brief description about yourself:I am eager to make the best of the trip. I am a YouTuber and I plan on documenting this trip to put together a recap on my channel. HUGE IRON MAN FAN and Marvel lover in general :D

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 12:51:38 PM »

Offline captainsamus

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2017, 06:47:32 PM »
My AIRBNB host cancelled so...

LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE (I want to share a room with someone.)

Name: Mike

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Any close to SDCC or near the trolley line
Days: Wednesday night - Monday morning (5 nights)
Price Per Night: $75 a night, somewhat flexible
Smoking/Drinking: No, but don't care if you do as long as you aren't getting super drunk or doing anything illegal.
Spaces: Just me (1) but 4 to 5 others in the room is fine.

Want a hotel room with max of 4 to 5 others in the room. Willing to sleep on the floor considering the price I'm looking for.
Age Preference of Roommates: None
Gender Preference of Roommates: Co-ed
Include a brief description about yourself:Male, 31, married with one kid. I'm a cool, funny guy who is fairly reserved/quiet around new people. I'm attending SDCC for the 2nd time, 1st time with a four day pass.

Additional preferences for roommates: I'm only looking for a place to sleep, shower, and keep my stuff so if you are at least mildly considerate, I'll be fine. Prefer cool people who are polite and honest.

ROOM FOUND!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:09:41 PM by captainsamus »

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2017, 10:13:32 AM »
Roommate Tip:
lone #SDCC2017 attendees needing a roommate, be careful. Some will cancel on u at the very last minute, like preview night last min -_-

Offline heychalice

• Sails Pavilion
Re: LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2017, 11:11:23 AM »
Please direct email me I am interested and have been reaching ut but am not getting a response and time is flying by. Please email me directly at [email protected]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Name: Alana Graves
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: EZ 8 Motel Old Town
Days:
wed-sunday
Price Per Night: 250 for the entire stay
Smoking/Drinking: no/social
Spaces: 2 (shared bed space) No one is on the floor there will be 4 people total.

Age Preference of Roommates: 18+
Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed
Include a brief description about yourself: Hi I'm Alana I'm 24 years old I've been going to sdcc for several years now. I'll be cosplaying from YuGiOh Persona 5 and Undertale. I've stayed in this hotel a few times and its very close to the tram station to take you in front of the con center..
Additional preferences for roommates: Please keep your things neat.

Offline virgilthevirgo

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2017, 07:35:41 PM »
Booked the wrong dates for my hotel, so I am:

LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE (I want to share a room with someone.)

Name: James
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Within at least 30 minutes of San Diego.
Days: Thursday night through Sunday morning.
Price Per Night: up to $100/night.
Smoking/Drinking: No/Socially, but not planning to this weekend.
Spaces: I'd like to at least have a bed to myself.

Age Preference of Roommates: 25+
Gender Preference of Roommates: Doesn't matter, really.
Include a brief description about yourself: Hi, everyone! This is my first year attending SDCC. I'm in the category of "general fan" where I know enough about most fandoms but not enough to argue about 'em.  I have a press badge, so I'll be out most of the day, but would like somewhere to rest my head inbetween. I live in LA and I'll be coming in Thursday morning and probably headed straight for the convention center.
Additional preferences for roommates: People who generally enjoy an 8-hour period of silence, specifically (but not limited to!) at night.

Offline butterflycheesecake

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2017, 08:37:48 PM »
Name: Alana Graves
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: EZ 8 Motel Old Town
Days: wed-sunday
Price Per Night: 250 for the entire stay
Smoking/Drinking: no/social
Spaces: 2 (shared bed space) No one is on the floor there will be 4 people total.

Gender Preference of Roommates: female only
Include a brief description about yourself: Hi I'm Alana I'm 24 years old I've been going to sdcc for several years now. I'll be cosplaying from YuGiOh Persona 5 and Undertale. I've stayed in this hotel a few times and its very close to the tram station to take you in front of the con center. My friend is 24 as well and will be cosplaying from Undertale and Homestuck I believe. I'm not sure her entire line up.
Additional preferences for roommates: Please keep your things neat.

Deleted the old one and changed the post slightly by request of my other roommate

No longer looking. THANK YOU
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:01:41 AM by butterflycheesecake »

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2017, 01:49:23 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES

Name: Elysia (oneroomdisco)
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Omni San Diego Hotel (across the street from the convention center, right by Petco Park and the Hard Rock).
Days: July 19 — 23 (Check in Wednesday/Preview Night, checkout Sunday)
Price for WHOLE STAY:  $246 per floor spot
Smoking/Drinking: No/No. I don’t mind what you do outside the room, but please don’t get trashed!
Spaces: 6 total, 2 available (2 people in each bed and 2 on the floor). Only floor spots are currently available.

Gender Preference of Roommates: Ladies preferred, but willing to consider guys on a case by case basis.
Include a brief description about yourself: Late 20s graduate student rooming with my younger, cosplaying sister and two other female friends. This is my and my sister’s sixth Comic Con and I’ve run rooms every year I’ve attended. Personality wise, I’m usually very calm and a bit shy, although I warm up quickly. My sister and I are both very neat in hotel rooms and tend to keep most of our stuff in suitcases unless we’re using it. We do a pretty good mix of things during the con, with Hall H Saturday/Marvel being our biggest thing.

Additional preferences for roommates: Everyone should be capable of being clean, respectful, and mature. (Bathing daily is a MUST). Also, if you’re a light sleeper, be forewarned that my sister and I will likely be heading out very early each day. Cosplayers are welcome, but please, no storing large props in the room.

Payment: Half is due in order reserve spot. The second half is due by June 28th. Paypal is preferred, although I also accept checks. I don’t do at con payments.

If interested, please PM me with the following details:
1.   Name
2.   Age
3.   Gender
4.   What type of spot you’re interested in
5.   Any other questions you might have :)

Thanks!

Had a roommate drop out last minute, so I now have one floor spot available. $246 for the whole stay (July 19 through 23rd). Ladies preferred.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Offline JC

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2017, 11:17:05 PM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES

Name: Josh
Hotel: Springhill Suites by Marriot, SD Downtown/Bayfront (Along PINK line)
Duration: Wed Night thru SATURDAY (not sunday!)
Price Per Night: $75 per night. You get a pull out couch bed all to yourself. Still way better than the floor. If you want an actual bed I could probably be persuaded (bribed) to trade.
Spaces: 1 bed available. If you can cram two people on it, then that may work (price per person would be adjusted/reduced).

Age/Gender Preference of Roommates: 21+, no gender preference
No smoking, highly prefer no drinking in the room itself.

Ended up shuffling some reservations around and ended up with an extra bed.
In the past this has been one of the less insane shuttle routes (did Hotel Circle last year, never again). Could room with my friends, but they have kids and no more bed space.

Been attending SDCC on and off since roughly 2006-2007. I travel on the lighter side, and won't have a lot of stuff in the room. At the ripe old age of 29 I'm already over camping out for Hall H and want a quiet place to crash. I don't snore.

No bringing extra people. Hopefully doesn't have to be said.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:24:32 PM by JC »

Offline MsLex25

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2017, 03:59:55 AM »
Long shot, but looking for a room share!

Name: Alexci
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: within at least 30 minutes of San Diego, hopefully something closer to downtown
Days: Wed thru Monday morning
Price per night: up to $100/night
Smoking/Drinking: No/Socially
Spaces: hopefully something not on the floor

Age Preference of Roommates: 21+ but not too big of a deal.
Gender Preference of Roommates: doesn't matter really.
Include a brief description about yourself: Well Hello! I'm a 33 year old female from Chicago. This is my first year attending SDCC. Into a lot of random fandoms, but mainly love anything Marvel/DC, fantasy and Sci-fi. I ended up getting a place on airbnb, but unfortunately I'm not very comfortable here so trying to see what I can find as a replacement. Let me know. Thanks!
Additional preferences for roommates: Hopefully people who somewhat keep things neat

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline PhoenixArcade

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2017, 12:28:58 PM »
IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one):

Have a Room Share Spot to Give

Name: Ashley
Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Marriott Marquis Marina
Days: Any from Tues 7-18 - Mon 7/24
Price Per Night: 85 / night is what the other girls are paying but I'm willing to eat some of the cost so negotiable
Spaces: There's already three ladies, one I've known through Comic-con for two years and the other two know each other through comic-con. So another lady is definitely preferred.

I am not able to attend SDCC 2018 because of an unexpected illness (boo), so that's why the spot is open, this would have been my 5th con. Thanks.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2017, 08:47:54 AM »
Forum Housekeeping:

Locked topic since Comic-Con 2017 is long over.

I'll create a room sharing thread for 2018 sometime around the end of this year.  ^__~
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...