Author Topic: NYCC 2017 General Discussions and Questions  (Read 3013 times)

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
Re: NYCC 2017 General Discussions and Questions
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 07:21:32 AM »
When I said they don't seem to understand, that wasn't limited to just the lottery. For the MSG panels last year, they seemed completely unsurprised and unprepared for the fact that people would line up well before 8:30. And at Celebration this year, I don't think they expected as many people to queue up overnight for panels, or that people would start lining up as early as they did.

Plus for the lotteries, it sounds like they also didn't expect people to enter for panels they had literally zero interest in attending, but a friend wanted to go, so they entered solely to help their friend.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2017, 10:50:08 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think the telling statistic will be when we see how many of the lottery winners show up for the panel iow, how many stand by's they let into the panel.

Will there be standby? That was something I was curious about. Stuff happens - my friend got American Gods in the lottery and I'm her +1, but I have a press room that overlaps and I may have to miss the panel. I'd hope there's a standby line so someone else could get in in my place.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 01:39:42 AM »