Author Topic: Comic-Con 2018 Open Registration FAQ  (Read 890 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Comic-Con 2018 Open Registration FAQ
« on: December 05, 2017, 08:10:42 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Comic-Con 2018 Open Registration FAQ

Let’s all gather around Pawnee City Hall and review some frequently asked questions about Comic-Con 2018 Open Registration! The answers below will help you avoid being “jammed” on the day of the sale.
Q: How do I know if I am eligible for Comic-Con 2018 Open Registration?

A: To see if you are eligible, log in to your Member ID account and look in the top, right corner. If you see the green “OK CCI’18 Attendee Open Reg” flag, you are able to participate! Open Registration is open to anyone who has not purchased or registered for the Comic-Con 2018 Preview Night option. You must have a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID account, created prior to 9:30 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST) on November 27, 2017, to participate.
 Q: What do I need for Open Registration?

A: You will need your Comic-Con Member ID, last name, personal registration code, and link to the Expo Logic waiting room. You will use your personal registration code to log in to the Expo Logic waiting room, and you will use your Member ID and last name to begin a registration session. Your registration code can be found on the “Registration Info” tab of your Member ID account, at least 48 hours prior to the sale.

If you plan to purchase for others, you will need each person’s correct last name and Member ID as well! You don’t want a Larry … Jerry Gergich situation on your hands. For important information on purchasing for others, please click here.
Q: Where do I find my registration code and link to the Expo Logic waiting room?

A: Eligible participants can find their personal registration codes and link to the waiting room in their Comic-Con Member ID account under the “Registration Info” tab at least 48 hours prior to the sale.

This information will also be emailed to you around the same time. We encourage you to add [email protected] and [email protected] as an approved/authorized sender to your email account.
Q: I am eligible for Open Registration, but my friends and family aren’t. Can I purchase badges for them?

A: No, you can only purchase badges for those who are also eligible for Open Registration. Joan Callamezzo’s Member ID will not validate in a registration session if she is not eligible — no matter what she said on Pawnee Today!
Q: What time do I need to enter the Expo Logic waiting room? Is it 8:00 AM or 9:00 AM PST?

A: The Expo Logic waiting room will open at 8:00 AM PST for registration code authorization, and badges will go on sale shortly after 9:00 AM PST. However, you do not need to arrive at 8:00 AM PST to participate! Arriving early to the waiting room does not give you an advantage. At 9:00 AM PST we will begin selecting members at random for a registration session. It doesn’t matter if you entered the waiting room at 8:05 AM or 8:50 AM PST, your chances of being selected are the same.

It is important to note that the waiting room will close at 9:00 AM PST sharp. You must arrive prior to 9:00 AM PST to participate in Open Registration!
Q: I am eligible for Open Registration. If I get to the Expo Logic waiting room before 9:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST), am I guaranteed a badge?

A: Admittance to the Expo Logic waiting room does not guarantee you a badge nor registration session, regardless of what time you enter the waiting room. There are more eligible members than badges available during Open Registration.

When the badge sale begins shortly after 9:00 AM PST, members will be randomly moved from the waiting room to a registration session. Not all members will be selected for a registration session. If you are unable to purchase a badge during Open Registration, we encourage you to try again in 2019.
Q: How many badges can I buy? What do they cost?

A: You may purchase badges for up to THREE eligible members total, yourself included. For example, if you are selected for a registration session, you can buy badges for yourself, Jean-Ralphio Saperstein, and Andy Dwyer.

Each individual you are buying for must be eligible to participate, and they must have their own confirmed Comic-Con Member ID account created prior to 9:30 AM PST on November 27, 2017. Comic-Con 2018 badge prices can be found here.
Q: I am buying badges for my friends. Can we each use our own credit card for the purchase? Do you accept PayPal or debit cards?

A: Only one form of payment can be accepted at checkout. Comic-Con accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. If your debit card has a Visa or MasterCard logo, it is a valid form of payment. Comic-Con does not accept PayPal, or portraits of Lil’ Sebastian.
Q: Can I share my registration code, or use it more than once?

A: We strongly recommend against sharing your registration code. A registration code may only be redeemed for one entry into the Expo Logic waiting room. Whoever uses the registration code last, will be the only person allowed to enter.

This means that if you enter your registration code to gain access to the waiting room, then you give your registration code to a friend and he uses it to gain access, your session will expire and you will be kicked out of your waiting room session. Your friend’s device and browser will be authorized and you will be locked out of the waiting room. Don’t take that chance!
Q: I am eligible for Open Registration, and I’d like to get a badge for my daughter who is age 6. Does she need a Comic-Con Member ID? Does she need to participate in Open Registration?

A: Comic-Con is proud to offer one of the most generous child badge policies in the industry. Children age 12 and under are free with a paid adult! Any child under the age of 12 does not need a Comic-Con Member ID and does not need to participate in any badge sale. For more information about Comic-Con’s child badge policy, please click here.
Q: My son is currently 17 but will be 18 by July 2019. Does he need to purchase an adult or junior badge?

A: Your son can attend Comic-Con 2018 as a junior. Your Membership Type (adult, junior, or senior) is determined by your age on the date you purchased your badge. Please note that regardless of Membership Type, anyone interested in participating in Open Registration must have a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID.
Q: How do I update my Membership Type if the Member ID system is closed and I am participating in Open Registration?

A: If you are randomly selected for a registration session and your Membership Type is incorrect, please purchase any badges that you are interested in and available at that time. Contact Comic-Con after the badge sale and we will assist you. You can use the “Contact Us” feature once you have logged in to your Member ID account.
Q: How are badges shipped?

A: Badges will be shipped directly to the attendee associated with that badge, instead of the buyer. For example, you purchase a badge for yourself, Duke Silver, and Janet Snakehole. Your badge will be shipped to you, Duke’s will be shipped to him, and Janet’s will be shipped to her. However, international attendees will still need to pick up their badges onsite.
Q: I am an international attendee. Where will my badge be shipped?

A: We are unable to ship badges to an international address. International attendees need to pick up their badge when they arrive onsite. We will post badge pick-up hours and locations here when we get closer to the event!
Q: What should I do if I forgot to change my badge shipping address before Open Registration begins?

A: No worries! The deadline to change the shipping address on your Comic-Con Member ID account is May 14, 2018. The Comic-Con Member ID system will open for changes to eligible accounts about 3 — 4 days after Open Registration has ended.
Q: If I buy an attendee badge for Comic-Con 2018 but cannot attend, will I qualify for Comic-Con 2019 Returning Registration?

A: Historically, attendees who purchased a badge for the previous year qualify for Returning Registration the following year. However, Comic-Con reserves the right to change eligibility requirements at any time, without notice. For more information please review the Comic-Con Terms and Conditions.
Q: I am working with a buying group. How does Comic-Con ensure that my buyer gives me my badge, and doesn’t keep my badge and money?

A: Comic-Con will ship badges to each individual attendee, not the buyer. If someone else purchases a badge for you, that badge will be shipped directly to you! However, please make sure you personally know and trust the people you are working with in a buying group! If someone in your buying group attempts to sell or scalp their badge, all badges in the order will be cancelled, including yours. Maybe stick with Anne Perkins, instead of Councilman Jeremy Jamm.
Q: I am an international attendee, but I am participating in a badge buying group with some United States residents. If I am selected for a registration session, can I enter their US address instead of mine?

A: During Open Registration, you will be prompted to enter the address for the buyer (the credit card holder). This is not the shipping address! Your badge will be shipped to the badge shipping address on file in your Comic-Con Member ID account as of May 14, 2018. If you are an international attendee but would like your badge shipped to a friend in the United States, simply change the badge shipping address on your Member ID account to your friend's address before May 14.
Q: If I am unable to purchase a Comic-Con badge on December 9, will there be another sale?

A: There will not be another sale. If you are unable to purchase a badge, we encourage you to try again in 2019.

You are now as prepared for Comic-Con 2018 Open Registration, as Leslie Knope is for each Galentine’s Day! Make sure to log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account before Open Registration begins to check your eligibility. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more announcements. Also make sure to check back here at Toucan, the official blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim, for additional information and registration updates.
Posted on Dec 4, 2017
Categories:
Registration Update