Author Topic: Star Trek: Discovery  (Read 332 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Buying Group Coordinator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 4679
Re: Star Trek: Discovery
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 07:55:16 am »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Btw, still not a fan of the Klingons, unless there's a reason why they look different.

There is a reason why they look different. There was a whole ret-con story arc in Enterprise, which I thought was pretty good, actually.

Offline mark

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 729
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 08:07:02 am »
I pay $1freakin70 for cable/month as it is and now can't watch Star Trek, it's getting ridiculous.   How have they NOT created Starfleet academy yet?  seems a sure hit with the young adults.  They could do internships in space, so it didn't get to classroom boring.

I guess I get what they are doing with CBS All Access and trying to get it established. But it is frustrating that you can watch it on Netflix only if you aren't in the US or Canada.

Does anyone know if the channel it is on in Canada is a standard one or a separate subscription?

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 306
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 09:07:18 am »
I guess I get what they are doing with CBS All Access and trying to get it established. But it is frustrating that you can watch it on Netflix only if you aren't in the US or Canada.

Does anyone know if the channel it is on in Canada is a standard one or a separate subscription?
In Canada it is on Space. We have a messed up system with respect to communications. For cable, offerings differ by province and carrier. Also, because it is owned by Bell Media, I think in their packages it is included in tier 2, but for other providers it would be in tier 3 and it may even be a la carte.

There is a reason why they look different. There was a whole ret-con story arc in Enterprise, which I thought was pretty good, actually.

The Enterprise story wasn't really a retcon, it was fan service based on Worf's comments in the DS9 25th anniversary episode when they travel back in time. (Similar to the Borgs episode, section 31, etc.) The current movie look is just Abrams, similar to what he did with the Romulans. I don't care for either of the changes.

Personally, I find JJ to be the worst thing that ever happened to Star Trek, so I'm not jazzed... but I wasn't planning on paying for CBS All Access anyway. I'll let the first season shake out and see if people feel like it's worth watching after the fact.
Amen. I f*****g hate what Abrams has done to Star Trek. I've accepted that I am not going to get 24th century Star Trek from where Voyager left off. Now I am upset :(
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 10:34:27 am »
need battletech. the game of thrones in space.

Offline marcia29

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 11:26:50 am »
All that JJ love in that trailer. Man, you sure he didn't direct this series? Lol

Now how do I feel about this trailer? It feels like Mass Effect meets Star Trek. The tech also looks way too advanced to be 10 years before Kirk. Don't get me started on the Klingons... Overall, the trailer is cool, the series looks interesting, but it does not feel like Star Trek.

I agree twelve thousand times with what you just said.  I am sad about it, as I love trek so much.  Have they learned nothing from Enterprise???