Author Topic: SDCC 2017 Open Registration  (Read 30601 times)

Offline Applescruff

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 72
Re: SDCC 2017 Open Registration
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 11:04:19 AM »
It would totally suck to have to stay home Saturday morning of WonderCon to deal with Open Registration.  I'm worried.  Everything has been pushed back so late this year.  Keeping fingers crossed for April 8th!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 11:13:11 PM »
Updated You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(bold = mine)

Edit 3/27: Comic-Con 2017 badges will go on sale shortly after 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on April 8, 2017. We encourage you to read all of the information below regarding Open Registration. We will announce the date and time of Open Registration at least 72 hours prior to the sale. Although we strongly recommend that you read all of the information on this page, here are the top six tips for Open Registration:

- Your browser should have JavaScript and cookies enabled to function reliably in the Expo Logic waiting room.
- You can buy badges for up to three people — yourself included — during your registration session. Each person must have their own Comic-Con Member ID and must be eligible to participate in Open Registration. You may not purchase badges for others using your own Member ID.
- In order to buy a badge for another eligible attendee, you will need their last name and Member ID.
- You must enter the waiting room before 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). To enter the waiting room you will need your personal registration code. Registration codes will be sent to you via email at least 48 hours prior to Open Registration.
- Only use one browser tab or instance when trying to purchase badges. Multiple browser tabs can confuse the waiting room/badge sales process and cause your transaction to fail.
- Add [email protected] and [email protected] as an approved/authorized sender to your email account.

Please subscribe to TOUCAN, the official blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon for additional hints and tips. We will post helpful Open Registration blogs in the week preceding Open Registration!

ELIGIBILITY

Comic-Con 2017 Open Registration is open to the general public and anyone who has not purchased or registered for the Comic-Con 2017 Preview Night option. If you were able to obtain a Preview Night badge during Returning Registration or professional registration, you are not eligible to participate in Open Registration.

To see if you are eligible to participate in Open Registration, log in to your Member ID account and select the “Registration Info” tab. Only Member IDs that were created prior to 6:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time on March 24, 2017 are eligible to participate.

Please keep in mind that not all eligible attendees will be able to purchase a badge during Open Registration. There are far more eligible attendees than badges available. You can increase your chances of obtaining a badge by reading all of the instructions carefully and having your personal information ready on the day of the sale.

BADGE PRICES

**Children 12 and under are free with a paying adult. Juniors 13 -17 pay junior prices. Seniors 60 years or older pay the Military/Senior reduced price. Active duty military with ID pay the Military/Senior price. This deal does not extend to military dependents.

REGISTRATION CODES

To help restrict ineligible members from entering the Expo Logic waiting room, Comic-Con requires that you enter your personal registration code to access the waiting room. Your personal registration code will be sent to you via email at least 48 hours prior to Open Registration. It will also be available in your Member ID account on the "Registration Info" tab at least 48 hours prior. We encourage you to copy this number down and keep it handy on the day of Open Registration.

Each registration code is good for one entry into the Expo Logic waiting room. Your registration code will authorize one browser and one device only. Do not share your registration code! If you share your registration code with another person or attempt to enter your registration code on multiple devices or browsers, the new device/browser will be authorized and your old session will expire.

If your family plans to authorize multiple registration codes for entry to the waiting room, you must enter each code on a unique browser or device. Attempting to enter a registration code using multiple browser tabs will confuse the registration process and cause your transaction to fail. Remember: One browser instance per registration code!

PURCHASING BADGES

The Preview Night badge option may only be purchased if you buy a Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday badge OR if you have already purchased a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday badge during Returning Registration. Preview Night is not a stand-alone option. As in previous years, if you purchase all four daily badges (Thursday through Sunday) they will be automatically converted to a 4-Day badge. You cannot opt-out of consolidation. 

Children age 12 and under are free with a paying adult. Click here for more information on our Child Badge Policy.

Comic-Con accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express only. We do not accept PayPal. If your debit card has a Visa or MasterCard logo, you will be able to use it for purchase.

PURCHASING BADGES FOR OTHERS
During Open Registration you may purchase badges for up to THREE people total, yourself included.

Each individual you are buying for must be eligible to participate and they must have their own valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID account.
You will need the Member ID and last name for all individuals you are buying for. You do not need their Member ID password. You may not purchase badges for others using your own Member ID.

RECOMMENDED BROWSERS/COMPUTER SETTINGS

The Expo Logic waiting room and badge registration system has been tested on the following browsers. We cannot guarantee your results should you use a browser not listed below:

Firefox: Any version
Google Chrome: Any version
Internet Explorer: Version 8 or later
Safari: Any version
Microsoft EDGE: Any version

Attempting to purchase badges using multiple browser tabs will confuse the badge sale process and cause your transaction to fail. Only use one browser tab when trying to purchase badges.

Your browser should have JavaScript and cookies enabled to function reliably with the Expo Logic waiting room. These features are usually enabled in the default configuration of most modern web browsers. If you do not have these features enabled, the waiting room application will not function properly.

The Expo Logic badge registration system is not formatted for iPads, tablets, or mobile devices. Although mobile devices can be used to purchase a badge, Comic-Con is unable to guarantee that the registration system will behave as expected using a mobile device.

Please make sure your computer's power saving settings are off or adjust them if needed. You do not want your computer to power down or go to sleep while you are in the Expo Logic waiting room.

EXPO LOGIC WAITING ROOM

Do not refresh while you are in the Expo Logic waiting room! The Expo Logic waiting room will automatically refresh every 120 seconds. If the blue circle is spinning, your page is active! Refreshing your browser in the waiting room may cause technical difficulties or remove you from the waiting room.

If at any time you are disconnected from the Expo Logic waiting room, simply return to the landing page and enter your personal registration code again. You will return to the same random group you were assigned. This only applies to registration codes that were authorized prior to 9:00 AM PDT.

Your personal registration code will only authorize one device and one browser to enter the Expo Logic waiting room. If you attempt to enter your registration code on a different device and/or browser, your registration code will authorize the NEW device and your old device and/or browser session will expire. You may not run multiple browser tabs or multiple browser sessions of the waiting room. We strongly recommend that you log in to the waiting room using only the computer and browser you plan to use on the day of the sale.

The Expo Logic landing page will open for registration code entry at 8:00 AM PDT on the day of the badge sale. You do not need to rush to the landing page at 8:00 AM PDT! Eligible attendees will have one full hour to enter their registration code and authorize their device/browser to enter the waiting room. Early arrival to the waiting room does not provide any advantage over those who arrive later than you.

Entry to the waiting room does not guarantee you a badge or a registration session. Not all members will be selected for a registration session.

Shortly after 9:00 AM PDT, Expo Logic will begin moving groups at random from the waiting room to a registration session. It does not matter what time you entered the waiting room, you may be moved at random to a registration session sometime after 9:00 AM PDT. The Expo Logic waiting room will close for entry at 9:00 AM PDT. You cannot enter the waiting room after 9:00 AM PDT!

If you are selected for a registration session, you will need to enter an eligible Comic-Con Member ID and LAST NAME. Do not enter your Member ID and password. You will also be prompted to select the number of people you are purchasing badges for during the sale: 1, 2, or 3.

You will have 15 minutes to complete your entire registration session and purchase! We strongly recommend having your credit card information ready and all of the Member IDs and last names of the people you are buying badges for. Any delay in entering this information may cause your session to expire.

*Important* It is critical that you do not use your browser’s back button during any step of your registration session! If you need to remove a badge selection, you will be given the option on the final review page. Comic-Con International cannot guarantee that your EPIC registration session will behave as expected if you use your back button during any step of the registration process.

THE FINE PRINT

While Comic-Con has made every effort to make the badge purchase experience fair for everyone, it is possible that problems outside of our control could result in the system not working as planned. The possibility exists that anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-malware software may aggressively block browser cookies, JavaScript, or other operation of modern web applications. It is also possible that user error, specific hardware problems, local ISP issues, or simply the extremely high level of demand beyond our control may result in your computer and/or browser not behaving as described above. While Comic-Con has done extensive testing, we make no guarantees that your efforts will result in a successful badge purchase regardless of when you enter the process.

As always, we are sincerely grateful for your continued support and interest in our event. We know that purchasing a badge can be a challenge and we are constantly exploring options to improve your online registration experience. We will continue to offer deeply discounted rates for juniors, seniors, and active duty members of the military, as well as one of the most generous free child badge policies in the comic convention industry.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:38:36 PM by AzT »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 12:36:29 AM »

Offline nedoeht3705

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 109
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 04:15:54 PM »
Confirmed 8th April

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 04:25:48 PM »
Bring it! (But to be honest, I wanted volunteer reg first but oh well. :P )
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:41:20 PM by Mario Wario »
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 04:34:30 PM »
~Forum housekeeping~
Link added to calendar! Hooray!!!
Ang

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 04:37:41 PM »
Right. So I'll be getting up at 5:00am my time for this and staying up until at least 1am because I have a convention that weekend and I'm hosting an 11pm panel.  Twenty hours straight with no sleep.  Hooray.

BRING IT.

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 04:51:01 PM »
Got the email from CCI talking about the date.  :P Codes be up on April 6th.
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 09:00:27 AM »
COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL REGISTRATION UPDATE I Swear by my Pretty Floral Bonnet, Open Registration is here!

Comic-Con 2017 Open Registration launches on Saturday, April 8, 2017! The Expo Logic waiting room opens at 8:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). Attendee badges will go on sale shortly after 9:00 AM PDT.

Your unique registration code, the Expo Logic waiting room link, and instructions on how to participate will be available in your Comic-Con Member ID account at least 48 hours prior to the sale. Starting April 6, 2017, you may log in to your Member ID account and select the “Registration Info” tab to view your personal registration code and link to the waiting room. This information will also be sent to you via email.

We encourage you to (suddenly and inevitably) log in to your Member ID account to double-check that your contact information is correct! The deadline to change the mailing address in your Member ID account is May 18, 2017. Your Comic-Con 2017 badge will be shipped to the address on file as of that date.

Make sure to bookmark us here at Toucan, the official blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, for the latest registration updates. We will post helpful blogs in the week preceding registartion. We also encourage you to read all of the important information and technical requirements for Open Registration.

As always, Comic-Con will continue to offer one of the most generous child badge policies in the industry. Children age 12 and under are free with a paid adult! Comic-Con International thanks you for your support and we look forward to seeing you in July.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 08:09:18 AM »

The last chance for gaining admission to Comic-Con will be April 8, when organizers have scheduled online badge sales. Comic-Con International just held its first round of sales earlier this month, but that was reserved for only those who attended last year’s convention.

For this next round of sales, only those with a valid Member ID are eligible to purchase. The deadline already has passed for anyone wishing to create a new ID. Badge sales will begin at 9 a.m. Pacific time, and if history is any guide, they should sell out within an hour. In an email to eligible purchasers, organizers reminded aspiring attendees that “there are far more eligible attendees than badges available.”

As is the case each year, an online waiting room will open at 8 a.m., an hour before badge sales begin. Individuals can buy badges for up to three people, including themselves, but each person must have a Comic-Con member ID and be eligible for open registration. Prices for this year's convention, which will run from July 19 (preview night) to July 23, are up slightly, at $60 a day for Thursday, Friday and Saturday and $45 for preview night and $40 for Sunday. Comic-Con, which draws more than 130,000 attendees, is guaranteed to be in San Diego through next year, and tourism officials are currently negotiating a renewal of the current contract.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 830
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 10:59:30 PM »
This is my "prize" for getting a four-day w/Preview from Returning Registration.   >:D

I checked my Member ID and discovered I can still make changes to my contact info even though it's been turned off for the rest.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2017, 11:10:55 PM »
This is my "prize" for getting a four-day w/Preview from Returning Registration.   >:D

I checked my Member ID and discovered I can still make changes to my contact info even though it's been turned off for the rest.
this always makes me laugh when i see that too.
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 04:52:45 AM »
I might have to try for preview night this sale, of course after the people remaining in my group receive their badges. At the last minute, I changed my wanted badge to 4-day w/o PN even though I always used to go for Preview Night.

Positive side, even though I was hoping for an earlier sale for Gen Reg., it's been enough time from my surgeries that my hands are shaking significantly less. During Returning Reg. I had my browser pop with 4-day badges and my hands were shaking so bad (they did that in patches right after etc.) while I was filling out information we almost ran out of time on a session. (Of course, that was the session that threw an odd error and wouldn't let me buy either way.)
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 07:29:50 AM »
[member=1256]Iris_aya[/member]  remember, you have 15 minutes to fill out the buying information before the badges are taken out of your cart. If your hands are shaking, ask for help from someone.

Glad you got your 4 days!

Offline LuthienDragon

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2017, 09:48:25 PM »
Have registration codes been sent? I still haven't received anything. Very nervous about it!  :-[

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2017, 10:42:04 PM »
Have registration codes been sent? I still haven't received anything. Very nervous about it!  :-[
CCI said 48 hours before the sale they would send them out. The sale is not till April 8th, so maybe around April 6th it will be under your account. As well as the emaill CCI sends out.
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018