by Transmute Jun
While we all like to party on December 31st, another important tradition is making New Year’s resolutions. As I did at the end of 2016, this year I conducted an informal survey of people at the FoCC Blog, asking them what their New Year’s resolutions will be.
Our more fun resolutions included:
- Making time to watch more TV, to fully enjoy the current ‘golden age of television’ in which we are living.
- Forcing everyone we know to download the Starz app and watch Ash vs Evil Dead, which really needs a fourth season.
- Getting out more to the movies, rather than waiting for the DVD/streaming versions of films to be released.
We also had some resolutions relating to attending cons:
- Making sure that we make the most of con-going opportunities. Obviously San Diego Comic Con is the ‘holy grail’ of cons, but there are many other great cons out there that should not be ignored, such as New York Comic Con, Dragon Con, C2E2, and WonderCon.
- Setting aside time during SDCC to do something we have never done at that con before, such as visiting an offsite, going to the Eisner Awards or the Masquerade, or getting into Hall H.
- Working hard to stay in shape, such as with ComicConFit, so that when we attend cons, we don’t exhaust ourselves too quickly and burn out!
There were also some resolutions on a bigger scale:
- Not letting the annoying people in life get to us. We need to keep our eyes on the main goals and stay as stress-free as possible.
- Reducing our collections to the ‘cream of the crop’, to make sure that we’re only holding onto high quality mementos that have true meaning for us.
- Approaching our upcoming big transitions in life with strength and determination. We will get through this!
What New Year’s resolutions do you have? Join the conversation on FoCC!