What do an animated series, a motorcycle gang, a bar in Philadelphia, a super-powerful mutant, and the lawn of the Hilton Bayfront have in common? The answer is the interactive combination of art and technology known as FXhibition.
FXhibition will be returning to the Hilton Bayfront lawn to give fans a chance to explore their favorite FX series. New for this year will be a new enhanced fan experience with FXhibition 2018 making use of Near Field Communication (NFC) technology.
- Mayans M.C. Deconstructed Bike Zone: The deconstructed motorcycle is a bold display to introduce Mayans M.C., the highly-anticipated series from Kurt Sutter, creator of Sons of Anarchy. It will also feature a gallery of other acclaimed artists’ takes on the new series, including El Mac, David Flores, and Oscar Magallanes.
- Archer Sound Boxes: Fans will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get inside the heads of their favorite Archer characters with this whimsical installation by capturing a photo of themselves inside suspended sound boxes adorned with character art. Each sound box features classic sound bites from the show.
- Sunny the 13th Sunscreen and Water Stations: FX will bring Camp Paddy’s Irish Pub to FXhibition in celebration of the upcoming 13th season of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The space will feature playful camp-themed elements including a photo op, sunscreen and water stations.
- FX 3D Me: Any fan can become an FX hero: Just by stepping into a state-of-the-art 360-degree scanner that captures your picture from all angles, you’ll be transported into a digital art piece from your favorite show. Participating fans will also have an opportunity to get a physical 3D figurine model of themselves.
- American Horror Story Eccentricities Gallery features a collection of art and oddities inspired by AHS lore. The experience is aided by Augmented Reality (AR) technology, which reveals the secrets behind the objects and clues to the series’ upcoming eighth installment.
- The Legion Chamber – will make its Comic-Con debut. It will allow cosplayers the thrilling opportunity to immerse themselves in an audiovisual experience commissioned by the internationally-acclaimed Marco Brambilla Studio. Once inside, participants will find themselves disconnected from the outside world -literally- and fully entrenched in the hypnotic digital realm of David Haller.
The FXhibition will be open to the fans during the following hours.
- Thursday, July 19th, 12 pm – 6 pm
- Friday, July 20th, 10 am – 6 pm
- Saturday, July 21st, 10 am – 6 pm
- Sunday, July 22nd, 10 am – 2 pm
If any fan is interested in dropping by FXhibition, they can find more information and sign up for their NFC bracelet at fxsdcc.eventfarm.com.
Update: The RSVP site indicates more information will become available on Friday July 13th. We suggest checking the site on that date to find more details and signup.
See you there!