by Transmute Jun
Thanksgiving is almost here, and these are the days when we are all taking time to think about the things for which we are thankful. It’s so easy to just take things for granted, and it is nice to have a day set aside to appreciate the things that you have. As has become an annual tradition here at the FoCC Blog, I conducted an informal survey to determine the things for which we are thankful this year.
- We are thankful that Rick Grimes is not completely gone from the AMC Walking Dead universe.
- We are thankful for the fascinating Haunting of Hill House, which scared us this past Halloween.
- We are thankful that Game of Thrones will return for one more season next spring.
- We are thankful for the incredible Spider-man PS4 game.
- We are thankful that we got the opportunity to attend E3 this year.
- We are incredibly thankful that we were able to acquire badges for San Diego Comic Con in returning and open registration. We are also grateful for Comic Con International’s accelerated schedule in selling and allocating badges, allowing us to more easily plan our travel next July.
- We are remembering Stan Lee, and are thankful for his creations, which have brought joy to so many. He was a positive driving force in our lives and taught us how to dream.
This last year has been full of upheaval for many of us, with people moving across the country starting new jobs, and going through other significant life changes and health issues. We are all thankful for our friends and family who have supported us during these trying times.
I hope that everyone at the Friends of Comic Con Blog (and all of our readers) has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.
What makes you thankful this holiday season? Join the conversation on FoCC!