by Transmute Jun
Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanza, Winter Solstice, Bodhi Day… No matter your background, December is a month of holidays, many of which include gift-giving. And while it is better to give than receive, all of us are hoping for that special something. As I did last year, this December I conducted an informal survey of the staff at the FoCC Blog, asking what they wanted to receive in 2018.
- Playstation Classic
- Infinity Gauntlet (preferably the real one, but the collectible versions are nice too)
- Baroque Portfolios to hold our Mondo Prints
- Cthulhu blanket
- Subscription to DC Universe
- Power Banks to keep our electronic devices going during cons
- Subscription to a monthly movie ticket service
Of course, part of the fun of making a wish list is dreaming big.
- Winning lottery ticket to fund our con trips
- A second season for Jack Ryan on Amazon
- A trip to Europe (with Bruce Campbell as a tour guide for added grooviness)
- More time to watch all of the great new television/streaming shows
- Four more years of Conan O’Brien’s shows at San Diego Comic Con
Interestingly, some of our ‘dream big’ items from last year actually did come true! There will be a Game of Thrones prequel, Nintendo did release a second wave of ‘mini’ consoles, and Photobucket had a partial reversal of their unpopular changes to their hosting policy. Of course, most importantly, we always wish for more time to spend enjoying the company of family and friends.
Whatever you are wishing for, we at the FoCC Blog are hoping that all of your holiday dreams come true! Tell us what you’re hoping to receive this holiday season by joining the conversation on the FoCC forums!