by Transmute Jun
2018 was a whirlwind of activity, but now it is coming to a close. The coming of a new year brings reflection on the old, and more importantly, resolutions for the future. We can’t change what’s done, but we can change what’s coming. With that in mind, I conducted an informal survey of the FoCC Blog staff (as I did last year) to determine what they want to accomplish in 2019.
Some of our resolutions related to fun things:
- We want to make sure to watch at least the first episode of all new comics/sci-fi/fantasy/horror shows. And maybe some other ones as well. We are living in the Golden Age of Television and we don’t want to miss it!
- We want to attend more cons this year, including New York Comic Con and more gaming cons.
- We resolve not to be eaten by zombies, and just avoiding the zombie apocalypse in general.
- We plan to attend more elements of San Diego Comic Con, including the Her Universe Fashion Show and (if present) Conan O’Brien tapings.
- We want to make more time for our loved ones. Time is fleeting, and we want to enjoy it together.
- We want to take control of our bodies, using Comic Con Fit (and other means) to ensure that our holiday gains do not become permanent.
- We resolve to accept life’s roadblocks when they come, accepting and working our way around them, rather than fighting to break them apart.
Whether fun or serious, our New Year’s resolutions represent our hopes for the future. What you you want for 2019? Join the conversation on the FoCC forums!