By Scott C.
Holy macaroni! 2019’s first Nintendo Direct presentation did not disappoint!
Nintendo announced on Wednesday, February 13 that the gaming world is getting The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening for the Switch! This is a remake of the classic 1993 Game Boy game that captured the hearts of many gamers during the 90s, and even now. The visuals in the remake look good, thanks to its cute/colorful world, although Zelda fans will get that vintage top-down view, which the original game also used. According to Nintendo, the game will be out sometime this year.
Meanwhile, the Super Mario Maker game series is getting a sequel, which will (once again) allow players to create some more kooky Mario levels. Gamers can play Super Mario Maker 2 this June on the Switch!
As for everything else that was discussed, here are the rest of the announcements for the Switch:
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Summer 2019)
- BoxBoy + BoxGirl (April 26, 2019; Nintendo eShop)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update 3.0 is hitting the Switch this Spring; character Joker DLC will be out in April. New Smash Ammibo figures will also be out sometime in 2019.
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Free/Paid DLC; Playable Now)
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Summer 2019)
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 (July 12, 2019)
- Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age: Definitive Edition (Fall 2019)
- Disney Tsum Tsum Festival (2019)
- A new Star Fox-themed update for Starlink: Battle For Atlas (April 2019)
- Rune Factory 4 Special will be out later this year, and Rune Factory 5 is in development.
- Oninaki (Summer 2019)
- Yoshi’s Crafted World (March 29, 2019; Demo Playable Now)
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses (July 26, 2019)
- Tetris 99 (Free to Nintendo Switch Online Members; Playable Now)
- Dead by Daylight (Fall 2019)
- Deltarune Chapter 1 (February 28, 2019; Nintendo eShop/Free)
- Daemon X Machina (Summer 2019; “Prototype Missions” Demo Playable on the Nintendo eShop)
- GRID Autosport (Summer 2019)
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (Spring 2019)
- Mortal Kombat 11 (April 23, 2019)
- Unravel two (March 22, 2019)
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered (May 21, 2019)
- Final Fantasy VII (March 26, 2019), Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon: EVERY BUDDY! (March 20); Final Fantasy IX (Playable Now on the Nintendo eShop)
- Astral Chain (August 30, 2019)
Lastly, PlatinumGames is still working on Bayonetta 3; not much was shared during the presentation. Animal Crossing fans will be disappointed to know that yesterday’s announcement did not mention the new game at all, even though Animal Crossing is still scheduled to come out in 2019. (If you want to watch the entire Nintendo Direct, click here.)
Have something to say regarding these games? If you do, please post away when visiting the FoCC forums!