SDCC attendees do not have to travel through vast distances of space and time to discover an immersive Doctor Who experience, they only have to visit the BBC America booth (#4129) at San Diego Comic-Con. At the booth besides an immersive VR experience, there will be in-booth signings, exclusive Doctor Who apparel, figures and even more. Here are the details for the VR Experience, signings, exclusive merchandise, and the Fan Art Contest.
Doctor Who: The Edge of Time VR Experience
New and returning fans visiting the BBC AMERICA booth will be among the first stateside to demo the upcoming virtual reality (VR) game Doctor Who: The Edge of Time, releasing in September 2019.
A feature-length VR experience, the game will transport fans into a globally-beloved world of monsters and aliens, mystery and wonder, letting them embark on a brand-new and fully-interactive adventure, inspired by the show’s 55-year history and starring the Doctor’s current incarnation, played by Jodie Whittaker.
Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will launch on PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, Oculus, HTC Vive, and Vive Cosmos in September. Doctor Who: The Edge of Time is a Maze Theory production for BBC Studios.
For more information on the game, visit here.
The BBC AMERICA booth will host signings with artist Kelly Yates and author Richard Dinnick:
Kelly Yates will be at the BBC AMERICA booth on Thursday, July 18 and Saturday, July 20 from 2:00pm-3:00 pm. Yates, an illustrator best known for his work on Doctor Who comics for both Titan and IDW, inspired the exclusive Kawaii Collection available through the BBC Shop. In addition, he writes and illustrates the creator-owned books Amber Atoms and MonstHer.
Richard Dinnick will be at the BBC AMERICA booth on Friday, July 19 and Sunday, July 21 from 2:00pm-3:00 pm. Dinnick, author of Doctor Who: Myths and Legends and contributing author of the Doctor Who: The Missy Chronicles anthology, is a scripted writer for BBC, ITV, Disney XD, and Amazon Prime. He has also written books and comics for Doctor Who and Lost in Space for IDW, BBC, Titan, and Legendary Entertainment, across all thirteen Doctors. He is currently working on his new TV show, Surface Tension and Rob (a retelling of Robin Hood) for Legendary.
BBC Shop is bringing a slew of exclusive and first-to-market Doctor Who merchandise to San Diego Comic-Con:
- Funko POP! Figurine: Pting (Retail: $15.00)
- 3” Thirteenth Doctor TITAN Figurine (Retail: $10.00)
- 3” Thirteenth Doctor & Materializing TARDIS Kawaii Figurine (Retail: $20.00)
- Team TARDIS Hoodie (Retail: $50.00)
- Thirteenth Doctor and TARDIS Kawaii T-Shirt (Retail: $25.00)
- TARDIS Rainbow Galaxy T-Shirt (Retail: $25.00)
- Team TARDIS Kawaii Mug (Retail: $15.00)
- Blue TARDIS Tumbler (Retail: $20.00)
- Rainbow Fleece Pullover (Retail: $45.00) – BBC Shop exclusive
- POLICE BOX Pants (Retail: $45.00) – BBC Shop exclusive
- Fan Art T-Shirt: Winner Design (Retail: $25.00)
- Fan Art T-Shirt: Runner-Up Design 1 (Retail: $25.00)
- Fan Art T-Shirt: Runner-Up Design 2 (Retail: $25.00)
- Fan Art T-Shirt: Runner-Up Design 3 (Retail: $25.00)
- Fan Art T-Shirt: Runner-Up Design 4 (Retail: $25.00)
- Noodle Bowl with Chopsticks (Retail: $10.00)
- Thirteenth Doctor and TARDIS Enamel Pin Set (Retail: $15.00)
- Pting Enamel Pin (Retail: $5.00)
- TARDIS and Dalek Steampunk Tattoos (Retail: $5.00)
- Thirteenth Doctor Costume Mini Backpack (Retail: $65.00)
- Thirteenth Doctor Costume Wallet (Retail: $35.00)
For images of SDCC 2019 exclusive merchandise, click here.
Fan Art Contest
Check out @BritiansBest and @doctorwhoshop for timing and countdown information, as well as reveals of the winning artwork. And then visit the BBC AMERICA booth daily to purchase exclusive shirts featuring the winning designs.
- Thursday, July 18: Runners up announced
- Friday, July 19: Runners up announced
- Saturday, July 20: Grand prize winner
Join the Family!
At the BBC AMERICA booth, scan your badge, and receive an exclusive Doctor Who button plus enter for your chance to win a daily giveaway. Come back each day to collect all five pins.
The BBC America booth is one of the places to be at San Diego Comic-Con this year!