San Diego Comic Con has officially kicked off and IMDb has once again bring their infamous IMDboat to the pier behind the convention center for interviews, parties, and more.
The IMDboat will be docked at Fifth Avenue Landing, immediately behind the San Diego Convention Center, and opens to invited guests and lucky fans on Thursday, July 18. From the public boardwalk, fans can view the massive LED screen located on the back of the IMDboat and watch live as Kevin Smith interviews leading celebrities.
Here is a run-down of some of the events happening on the boat during SDCC:
- From Thursday through Saturday (July 18th – 20th), IMDb will produce original video coverage on the open-air top deck, including Kevin Smith’s interviews with the casts of Riverdale, Veronica Mars, The Walking Dead, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and more. Between interviews, on-board talent, showrunners and filmmakers will enjoy a private lounge, cocktails and refreshments, a portrait studio and gifts provided by The LEGO Group, Fire TV, Soylent, IMDb TV, and more.
- On Thursday and Friday (July 18th and 19th), a limited number of lucky fans will gain access to the first deck of IMDboat to relax and unwind in the Daytime Lounge, where they can learn more about Fire TV and discover the latest titles streaming for free on IMDb TV by saying “Alexa, go to IMDb TV.” Soylent will be providing fans with all the nutrition they need to keep them going strong by handing out their classic ready-to-drink meal as well as their new snack, Soylent Squared. Guests can be among the first to step into character and learn more about the first-ever IMDb animated series You’re Not a Monster, and check out the latest comics, graphic novels and manga titles in the comiXology reading area. Additionally, Comic-Con attendees can play an IMDb trivia game on the massive IMDboat LED screen on the Fifth Avenue Landing boardwalk Thursday and Friday at noon. Fans can follow #IMDboat to learn how to be considered for access to the Daytime Lounge.
- From Thursday through Sunday (July 18th – 21st), IMDb Correspondent Ian de Borja will host daily LIVE streaming coverage of San Diego Comic-Con featuring cast and fan interviews and videos from the convention center and the open-air social studio on the bow of the IMDboat, presented by The LEGO Group. Guests including actress and director Pollyanna McIntosh, the casts of Pennyworth, Emergence and more will discuss their latest projects, and viewers can learn more about the latest product launches from The LEGO Group. Fans can follow along at twitch.tv/imdb and stream live on the Twitch app on Fire TV.
- On Thursday evening (July 18), Wendy’s is kicking off its huge summer event, Wendy’s Baconfest, on the IMDboat, by hosting the first-ever IMDb Fan Party from 7:30PM to 10:30PM. As the #1 seller of bacon cheeseburgers+, no one knows bacon like Wendy’s. Applewood smoked and fresh from an oven daily, Wendy’s Baconfest is the ultimate bacon bash to celebrate fan’s love for bacon. Party attendees will enjoy Wendy’s Son of Baconator, which boasts a quarter-pound of fresh, never frozen-beef, American cheese, plenty of Applewood smoked bacon, ketchup, and mayo, other bacon-inspired treats, dancing, nitrogen cocktails, and receive a special gift bag at the event. Guests will also check out the latest comics, graphic novels and manga titles in the comiXology reading area on-board. Follow @IMDb on Twitter for more details on the party and how to apply for access to #IMDboat. +Source: Based on servings among quick service restaurants over 12-month period ending March 2019. Source: The NPD Group/CREST(R)
- The fourth-annual IMDboat Party, presented by Soylent and Fire TV this year, will take place on Friday (July 19) from 7:30PM to 11:30PM. Special guests include: members of the cast of You’re Not a Monster including Kelsey Grammer and show creator Frank Lesser; Kevin Smith; industry influencers; and more. VIP attendees will enjoy dancing, appetizers, cocktails, gifts and more. This is an invitation-only event.
- On Saturday (July 20th), beginning at 11AM PDT, Kevin Smith and The IMDb Show’s Tim Kash will co-host “IMDb LIVE at San Diego Comic-Con,” a 6-hour live-streaming show broadcast on IMDb, Twitch (twitch.tv/imdb), the Twitch app on Fire TV, and Twitter. The show will feature Smith’s wrap-up analysis of the convention and conversations with special celebrity guests including the casts of The Expanse, Supergirl, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and more. Also during the live show, IMDb will debut the trailer for its newest original series, You’re Not a Monster, including special guests Producer Kelsey Grammer and other cast members who will talk about this coming-soon animated series. Viewers will also learn about the LEGO Experience at San Diego Comic-Con from Master Builder Chris Erik Varszegi, and preview the new AI-Hosted Cinematic Board Game “St. Noire” powered by Amazon Alexa.
- Lastly, if you are an Avengers fan Saturday (July 20th) starting at 1:30 PM, join Avengers: Endgame directors Anthony and Joe Russo and special MCU guest(s) at the IMDboat as they celebrate the in-home release of the film. Costumed guests will be invited to participate in a special Marvel Studios Cosplay photo with the Russo Brothers and their special guests. Additionally, general fans who arrive on-site will be gifted with free SDCC exclusive “Hunka Hulka Burnin’ Fudge” ice cream (while supplies last) to kick off the launch of Marvel Studios “We Love you 3000” 9-city fan tour. For more details, visit Marvel.com/WeLoveYou3000.
To follow exclusive IMDb coverage of San Diego Comic-Con, visit http://www.imdb.com/comic-con, follow #IMDboat on Twitter or go to the IMDb Facebook, Instagram, YouTube (imdb.to/SDCC2019) or Snapchat channels.
If you love using GIFs you will be happy to know IMDb is also teaming up with Tenor (GIF Keyboard) to create custom GIFs with talent on the #IMDboat. GIFs can be viewed, downloaded and embedded from IMDb’s official channel: https://tenor.com/official/imdb.
Click here to check out some of the highlights and footage from last year’s SDCC IMDBoat
Stay tuned for more as the FoCC Blog will be checking out some of the events and the VIP party this week.