by Transmute Jun
The turning of a year naturally makes us think about both the past and the future. The past often brings regrets, but then we can resolve to change things, to improve the future. New Year’s is the perfect time for such resolutions, allowing us to set a path toward that better future. As has become a tradition on the FoCC Blog, I polled our staff to determine what their New Year’s resolutions were for 2020.
Our ‘less intense’ resolutions included:
- We want to create new cosplays for the cons we intend to attend this year.
- We resolve not to let our laziness rule us; we want to stay fit so that we can deal with the physical rigors of San Diego Comic Con.
- We intend to get some actual sleep during cons, even if it means not sharing a bed.
- We want to catch up with all of he great television that is coming our way in the new year.
- We plan to visit Disneyland to see Galaxy’s Edge and the Avengers’ Campus.
- We resolve not to let small things bring us down. We see other people get frustrated by things that are ultimately not important, and we want to rise above that.
- We want to recognize what is important, such as family and friends, and make time for these things.
- We intend to work hard to achieve our goals, whatever they may be.
Of course, achieving our goals is what New Year’s resolutions are all about. If we know what we want to do, and set our minds to it, then we will have the greatest chance of accomplishing those tasks. Whether fun or serious, we at the FoCC Blog hope that you are able to stick to all of your New Year’s resolutions in 2020.