By Jason Delgado
On Saturday, July 25th at 11a.m. (PST), watch as journalist and the publisher of Backstory Magazine, Jeff Goldsmith, interviews legendary screenwriter David S. Goyer on the Comic Con @ Home YouTube channel. During his over 25-year career, Goyer has written such comic and sci-fi classics as Blade, Batman Begins, Man of Steel, The Dark Knight, and one of my personal favorites, Dark City.
The interview will provide a deeper insight into Goyer’s writing habits, as well as shining a light on some of the most memorable moments in his illustrious film career! The first half of the interview will be spoiler-free, but the second half will delve into meaty *spoiler-filled content for the inquiring minds* such as:
– Adding depth and realism by filling in the 7-year gap in Bruce Wayne’s history in Batman Begins.
– Discussing Ra’s Al Ghul’s death in Batman Begins.
– Breaking down the father/son tornado sequence in Man of Steel.
– The controversial ending to Man of Steel, where Superman kills one of his adversaries for the first time. Personally, this has been a topic of debate as a fan of the Christopher Reeves Superman films since childhood.
– Lastly but most importantly, David S. Goyer will share a personal message about how the pandemic has affected his family, and the importance of wearing a mask and social distancing.
You can watch the 56-minute interview on the previously mentioned SDCC YouTube channel, or it will be available a few hours later on the Backstory Magazine YouTube page.
Join the discussion on the FoCC Forum and let us know what you thought of the panel.