LA Comic Con Returns Bigger and Better Than Ever
LA Comic Con returns larger than ever to the Los Angeles Convention Center on December 2-4, 2022. L.A. Comic Con (Los Angeles’ largest event for comics, gaming, sci-fi, and pop culture) returns better than ever! The event will take up more than 1.2 million square feet of the LA Convention center with gaming, anime, Pop Culture, Sci-Fi, comics, activations, and so much more.
Last year, after returning in full force and in-person for the first time since the onset of the pandemic, L.A. Comic Con’s 2021 show was deemed a great success by the nearly 95,000 fans, creators, artists, cosplayers, celebrities, and vendors who attended the event and participated in celebrity panels, autograph signings, activations, comics, cosplay, and pop culture fanfare. This year promises so much more.
Attendees will be granted up-close-and-personal access to some of the biggest names in entertainment, with a handpicked selection of panels, events, exhibits, and celebrity meet-and-greet opportunities. Here is a list of some of the special guests who will be at LA Comic Con. For a full list of guests, please click here.
- Amy Jo Johnson, [Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Felicity, Flashpoint]
- Candi Milo, [Jimmy Neutron, Dexter’s Laboratory, My Life as a Teenage Robot]
- Carolyn Lawrence, [Jimmy Neutron, SpongeBob SquarePants]
- Charlie Hunnam, [Sons of Anarchy, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword]
- Curran Walters, [Game of Silence, Girl Meets World]
- David Henrie, [How I Met Your Mother, Wizards of Waverly Place, That’s So Raven]
- Debi Derryberry, [Jimmy Neutron, F is for Family, Monster High]
- Elijah Wood, Actor, [Lord of the Rings, Happy Feet]
- Elizabeth Berkely, [Saved by the Bell, Molly & Gina, Showgirls]
- Giancarlo Esposito, [The Mandalorian, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, The Boys]
- Ian Sinclair, [DragonBall Super, Haikyuu!!, My Hero Academia]
- Jeff Garcia, [Jimmy Neutron, Happy Feet]
- Jim Cummings, [Winnie The Pooh, & Tigger, Darkwing Duck, Hondo Ohnaka, Dr. Robotnik]
- Karen Fukuhara, [The Boys, Suicide Squad]
- Kyle Phillips, [One Piece, Fairy Tail]
- Laz Alonso, [The Boys, LA’s Finest]
- LeVar Burton, [Reading Rainbow & Actor in Star Trek: The Next Generation]
- Mark DeCarlo, [Jimmy Neutron, Seinfeld]
- Megan Cavanagh, [Jimmy Neutron, A League of Their Own]
- Ming-Na Wen, [The Mandalorian, Marvel’s AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D]
- Sean Astin, [Lord of the Rings, The Goonies, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Stranger Things]
- Sean Schemmel, [Dragon Ball Z, Pokémon]
- Simu Liu, [Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Kim’s Convenience]
- Sonny Strait, [Dragonball Z, Elfquest]
- Steve Burns, [Blue’s Clues, Young Sheldon]
- Tia Ballard, [My Hero Academia, Sekirei]
- Tom Kenny, [SpongeBob SquarePants, Rick and Morty]
- Tomer Capone, [The Boys, One Week and a Day, Hostages]
- William Shatner, [Star Trek: The Original Series, Miss Congeniality]
- Wil Wheaton, [Star Trek: The Next Generation, Stand by Me]
LA Comic Con is giving attendees even more than these special guests. It is taking over the West Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center where Subnation will produce an expansive and exciting gaming, esports and anime experience. Fans will be able to use their LA Comic Con tickets to access the West Hall to experience 3 main zones throughout the 147,000 square-foot venue – the Gaming Stage, the Stream Studio, and the Gaming Freeplay Area. The West Hall will bring attendees panel presentations, cosplay meetups, talent meet & greets, live game demos, a collegiate League of Legends esports tournament and much, much more!
However, LA Comic Con has not forgotten cosplayers. The 7th Annual National Cosplay Championship will take place at LA Comic Con! Cosplayers will be able to compete for $30,000 in cash and other prizes in the contest by participating in one of three categories: Master, Journeyman, or Novice. All genres are welcome, including characters from film, television, theater, comics, video games, sci-fi, anime, horror, and original creations.
LA Comic Con plans to give fans even more on its Main Stage with these fan-favorite panels and many more:
Jimmy Neutron 20th Anniversary & Live Script Reading
It is rare you find 80s and 90s children who have never seen Jimmy Neutron. Jimmy’s determined nature made him an interesting character to teens and children alike. The cast of Jimmy Neutron, including Candi Milo, Carolyn Lawrence, Debi Derryberry, Jeff Garcia, Mark DeCarlo, and Megan Cavanagh will be on the main stage doing a live script-reading to celebrate the show’s 20th anniversary!
Lord of The Rings
Sean Astin and Elijah Wood take the Main Stage on Saturday, December 3 to discuss what happened behind the scenes to make Peter Jackson’s blockbuster Lord of the Rings film trilogy come to life.
Your favorite group of vigilantes from The Boys, Karen Fukuhara (Kimiko), Laz Alonso (Mother’s Milk), and Tomer Capone (Frenchie), will be appearing Saturday and Sunday of Los Angeles Comic Con for autographs, photo ops and a Main Stage panel!
The Mandalorian took Disney+ by storm and has become tremendously popular during its first two seasons. This Star Wars story, set in the years after the fall of the Galactic Empire, tells the tale of a member of the race of bounty hunters that spawned Boba Fett. Ming-Na Wen (Fennec Shand) and Giancarlo Esposito (Moff Gideon) will regale convention goers with tales from one of the most innovative production sets ever built.
Cast members from the classic 1993 baseball film, The Sandlot, will take the main stage on Sunday, December 4! The group plans to get nostalgic as they take a look at the last 30 years of the classic film.
The Umbrella Academy
The Umbrella Academy is coming to Los Angeles Comic Con on Saturday, December 3! Show creator Steve Blackman will be joined by co-executive producers Jason Neese & Jamie Neese, as well as some special guests, on our Main Stage for an epic conversation about the award-winning Netflix Show.
All of this and more will be happening Friday, December 2 through Sunday, December 4, 2022 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, 1201 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA. Here is a link to purchase tickets for this event.
- Friday, December 2: 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 3: 9:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 4: 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
I hope to see you there and please join me as I host my Expanse panels Saturday 4:30 to 5:30 and Sunday 12 pm to 1 pm. This event promises to have something for every fan of the genre. To continue this discussion, please join us on the FoCC Forum (click here), Facebook, or Twitter.