Author Topic: NYCC 2016 Tickets  (Read 65397 times)

Offline mzx380

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 27
Re: NYCC 2016 Tickets
« Reply #375 on: June 29, 2016, 10:17:25 AM »
Got the message that there are no more 3 & 4 day
If anyone has one extra for sale, please let me know
Thanks

My turn just came in and I ended up buying individual passes for Fri-Sun
What a freaking rip off
ugh
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:21:32 AM by mzx380 »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #376 on: June 29, 2016, 10:20:19 AM »
 Your reservation was successful!

Geronimo! You have your Tickets for New York Comic Con 2016, but YOU?RE NOT DONE YET. You MUST assign each Ticket to an individual person who filled out a Fan Verification profile starting Thursday, June 30 at 12:00 PM EDT. This must be completed by July 14 at 11:59 PM EDT or your Tickets will be removed from your order and you?ll be refunded.

How do you do this? Just follow these easy steps below:

Go to: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
    Enter the email address used on your purchase, along with your ShowClix password.
        If you do not know your password, hit ?Forget your password? to reset it via email.
    Locate your New York Comic Con 2016 order.
    Scroll to the Question/Answer section.
    Provide the name and email address of yourself and your Fan Verified friend or family members for each Ticket.
        Remember, you cannot assign the same person to Tickets valid for the same day.
        Each person MUST have a Fan Verification profile. If they don?t have one, the Ticket will be cancelled on July 14 at 11:59 PM EDT and you?ll receive a full refund for it.
    The Tickets will be pre-filled with the name on the order. Please click the name listed to replace this with the name of the person each Ticket should be assigned to and then click Submit.
     Next, click whether the Ticket is for an Adult or a Kid and click Submit.
        Note that the page will reload after you hit submit. Once it?s done reloading, it will bring you back to your order to continue completing this process.
    Finally, add the email used in their Fan Verification profile under that Ticket. (If the Ticket is being used for a Kid 6-12, then you will not need to add the email address.) Click Submit.
        Again, the page may reload after you hit submit. If it does, once it?s done reloading, it will bring you back to your order.
    Repeat Steps 6-8 until all Tickets in your order have been assigned.
    Get excited because you?re going to NYCC 2016!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #377 on: Today at 01:11:37 PM »

Offline halokiti

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #377 on: June 29, 2016, 10:23:08 AM »
I assume that after 7/14 the tickets that are not fan verified will go back into the buying pool.  Still sucks I wasn't able to get any 3 or 4 day passes.

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #378 on: June 29, 2016, 10:23:13 AM »
I felt very unloved, I had 3 browsers all with their own links and none got in, last year I did much better. Sorry I couldn't help this year.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #379 on: June 29, 2016, 10:26:54 AM »
This reminded me very much of  general registration but without the witty updates to keep you entertained.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #380 on: June 29, 2016, 10:29:47 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I assume that after 7/14 the tickets that are not fan verified will go back into the buying pool.  Still sucks I wasn't able to get any 3 or 4 day passes.

They said that they would re-evaluate ticket inventories after those that don't get assigned come back, but made no mention of having a second sale already planned (on their twitter about.)
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline halokiti

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #381 on: June 29, 2016, 10:30:34 AM »
I'm keeping hope that some passes will go back up for sale after they are not fan verified.  The ticket buying process keeps getting more difficult every year, NYC seriously needs a bigger convention hall.

Offline RTFirefly

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 35
« Reply #382 on: June 29, 2016, 10:39:38 AM »
I got in at like 1:21 and 3 days and 4 days were sold out.  I wound up buying a Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday for me and a Saturday and a Sunday for my girlfriend.  It was expensive but I am glad that I am going. 

Offline halokiti

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #383 on: June 29, 2016, 10:46:17 AM »
I just got in, not sure if I should buy some individual days and then not fan verify them so I get a refund. Not really sure.

Edit: I decided not to get tickets now. Who knows. I'm kinda disappointed by this whole process already, been going on and off for 9 years. Maybe I had my fill.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:56:04 AM by halokiti »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #384 on: June 29, 2016, 11:04:33 AM »
Please remember NYCC Tickets are in extremely high demand and there is a large volume of people online to purchase NYCC Tickets right now. Here's a quick status update to keep you in the loop about which NYCC Ticket types are still available and which are almost sold out as you wait your turn to purchase them so you can plan ahead: 4-Day Tickets are sold out, 3-Day Tickets are sold out, and Saturday Tickets are 75% sold out, but the remaining Tickets are being held. If you get to the checkout process and it says this Ticket type is completely sold out, that means the remaining Tickets are in the process of being purchased. When these purchases are completed, we will update the status to be 100% sold out.   

from a truncated link.

Uh oh, The link you?re trying to use is valid. Please refer back to the unique link you received via email and try again. Remember, your unique link is only good for one New York Comic Con 2016 transaction and can?t be shared with friends, family, neighbors, dogs or cats (just kidding on those last two).

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:36:58 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #385 on: June 29, 2016, 11:20:18 AM »
I didn't plan on going, but for kicks and giggles, I used my fan link and waited for a little over two hours only to learn that individual Saturday passes were sold out. I selected Fri, Sat and Sun, then hit "get tickets" but got a notification saying Sat was sold out.

I think it's kind of wrong to punish people for having tough luck and then charge them more for individual passes.

Ah well...

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #386 on: June 29, 2016, 11:36:05 AM »
Please remember NYCC Tickets are in extremely high demand and there is a large volume of people online to purchase NYCC Tickets right now. Here's a quick status update to keep you in the loop about which NYCC Ticket types are still available and which are almost sold out as you wait your turn to purchase them so you can plan ahead: 4-Day Tickets are sold out, 3-Day Tickets are sold out, Saturday Tickets are sold out, Friday Tickets are 75% sold out, Sunday Tickets are 75% sold out and Sunday Kid's Tickets are 75% sold out. 

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #387 on: June 29, 2016, 12:34:41 PM »
Well, that was an interesting experience.  I also clicked exactly at noon and didn't get past the waiting screen until and hour and fifteen minutes had passed.   By then, of course the 3 and 4 day passes had faded away....and my eyes had long since lost their ability to focus, anyway. 

A small ray of hope... I have seen quite a few posts on the NYCC Facebook page where people were buying extra tickets, even when their friends had not been 'fan verified'.  Maybe there will be another sale.  Or, maybe it was just not my year for NYCC.   :(

Happiness for everyone who did get the tickets they wanted!!
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #388 on: June 29, 2016, 12:44:43 PM »

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:57:41 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline NoOtherOptions!

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 144
« Reply #389 on: June 29, 2016, 12:58:02 PM »
I grabbed four four day passes for me and some friends,  really only wanted 3's but for an extra 50 I got two extra days so I figured why not.  I figured four days would be gone first, weird.