Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening May 31 @ Disneyland, August 29th @ Disneyworld  (Read 34374 times)

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
I keep hovering over GE on Google Maps hoping they update their Satellite images to a more complete version of the park.  I am ANTSY.  Surely it must look more complete than that now lmao.  Come on Google maps hurry up. This is all I have right now  :P
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
I keep hovering over GE on Google Maps hoping they update their Satellite images to a more complete version of the park.  I am ANTSY.  Surely it must look more complete than that now lmao.  Come on Google maps hurry up. This is all I have right now  :P

I'm surprised that Disney doesn't blurred out the Star Wars portion of the park.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196

i youtube search "drone disneyland star wars" lol

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
I'm surprised that Disney doesn't blurred out the Star Wars portion of the park.

Thankful they don't! It's pretty cool. Even though the images are clearly several months old, when you zoom in the spires have a moderate 3D effect.  As you kind of shift around on the map you see them at different angles.  Way cool.

i youtube search "drone disneyland star wars" lol

Oh. OH NO!  Now I'm going to be doing this too!

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
I'm wondering how much the custom lightsabers and droids will be.  My guess is hella expensive.  But I wanna do it anyway.

I think I read that the sabers will start at $149 so not that bad really...

Meanwhile, I’m trying to be spoiler free and am trying to resist any drone videos ;)

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
Update if it helps anyone.  Here is my timeline.

1)  I was lucky to sign up for the opening day May 31st the 8am slot.  I am not saying this to brag please dont think so.  I say this because it applies to what I have to share.
2)  Either I didnt see it (I am positive almost that I would have) or it wasnt there to add other people to my reseration.  So I got an email telling me that I have a spot for me and only me.  I was like ugh did I mess this up or did they not provide the button. 
3)  I got sent a notification from Disneyland from friends that Disney was addressing this issue that the button was not obvious or there was a "glitch" and they were allowing a "plus one" to any reservation of one person by calling them.
4)  I called the number last Saturday.  The person on the phone said it has been noted and it was not set in stone but if approved I will receive and email the following Tuesday or Thursday.  And to make sure to call back in a week.
5)  I called on Monday just to see if I could get any more information.  The person said that there was no update of my reservation in their system.  A little unnerving.  But she said she took care of it and that it is auto approved.  And that was the end of it.  I should not expect any email confirmation because it is done.
6)  I got a confirmation email today (Thursday) lol
7)  I also asked about the conflicting reports about lining up overnight etc....  You are allowed to lineup overnight as far as the person on the phone knows.  And she also put me on hold to get answers from other people during the call.  BUT there will be DIFFERENT lines for those with reservations to Galaxy and general admission.  And people will not be allowed into the esplanade or in an attendee made line beforehand until 6am.  She also said that the parking lots will be open at 530. 

That is the latest information that I have acquired.  I do not know how much of it is true or if it will change.  But hoping this might help. 

;D   

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001

ok, $150... i can do
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary

Meanwhile, I’m trying to be spoiler free and am trying to resist any drone videos ;)

That's only slightly more expensive than I was guessing.  I was thinking $80-100.  So I think I can justify paying more for the experience of building it myself.  Sounds fun.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
Sorry to double post but this thread has been dead for several days and I have new info to add.  I apologize.

I'm seeing some chatter on Disneyland forums that Rise of the Resistance is 1) cool but 2) encountering a ton of technical difficulties.  One person on the forum said it'll work for 15 minutes and then go down for hours.  They currently have cast members test riding it.  I'm having horrible flashbacks to Rocket Rods but, from what I can tell there's no fire involved lol.  But ugh.  Hope they fix whatever is going on there and it comes up within a few months.  Might have to do Disneyland again next year if it's not open by July 15th.

Edit: Side note, Disneyland forums are weird. I prefer here. Y'all are my home.  I miss you guys when I'm over there lmao  :'(

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
Sorry to double post but this thread has been dead for several days and I have new info to add.  I apologize.

I'm seeing some chatter on Disneyland forums that Rise of the Resistance is 1) cool but 2) encountering a ton of technical difficulties.  One person on the forum said it'll work for 15 minutes and then go down for hours.  They currently have cast members test riding it.  I'm having horrible flashbacks to Rocket Rods but, from what I can tell there's no fire involved lol.  But ugh.  Hope they fix whatever is going on there and it comes up within a few months.  Might have to do Disneyland again next year if it's not open by July 15th.

Edit: Side note, Disneyland forums are weird. I prefer here. Y'all are my home.  I miss you guys when I'm over there lmao  :'(

Disney forums are cool AND scary !  Some are uber cliquey.  I only feel comfortable in two forums and this one is one of them. 

The ROR ride (yes I made that acronym up so smart) is my main thing I want from the land.  That and a custom fancy lightsaber.  So I am looking forward to it.  Would be funny if it crashed and there was fire and we thought it was part of the ride. 

Actually typing that out.  That is not funny at all......  I love it on Buzz when the ride stops due to loading or glitch.  Put my pod in front of a triangle !!!!! 

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
Disney forums are cool AND scary !  Some are uber cliquey.  I only feel comfortable in two forums and this one is one of them. 

The ROR ride (yes I made that acronym up so smart) is my main thing I want from the land.  That and a custom fancy lightsaber.  So I am looking forward to it.  Would be funny if it crashed and there was fire and we thought it was part of the ride. 

Actually typing that out.  That is not funny at all......  I love it on Buzz when the ride stops due to loading or glitch.  Put my pod in front of a triangle !!!!!

You local or plan on making a trip out there?  I can really only afford to do Disneyland at the same time as SDCC due to airfare so I'm hoping it's ready by then or I have to put it off to next year.  But if you're local you might hold out until it officially opens.

And yeah I'm tooootally going to get a lightsaber too. Maybe a droid.  I'm going to hemorrhage money basically.

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
You local or plan on making a trip out there?  I can really only afford to do Disneyland at the same time as SDCC due to airfare so I'm hoping it's ready by then or I have to put it off to next year.  But if you're local you might hold out until it officially opens.

And yeah I'm tooootally going to get a lightsaber too. Maybe a droid.  I'm going to hemorrhage money basically.

I am local.  13 minutes away.  We got reservation tickets by chance/luck for opening day May 31st. 

Before you go in July.  Look up youtube videos about people experiences etc.  You will have a lot more data by that time.  I have already looked at the one where you choose which lightsaber and the options lol.  I will check in with my experience as well.  Probably what NOT to do lol.  I just found out on a video yesterday that there is another entrance near the Winnie the Pooh ride.  Had no idea. 

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
Have you guys tried the Mice Chat forums? I think it's probably the best. I've been a part of the Disney Parks online communities since they were all on Usenet (rec.arts.disney.parks and alt.disney.disneyland). Most of the people who post at Mice Chat have been around for ages and know their stuff.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
Have you guys tried the Mice Chat forums? I think it's probably the best. I've been a part of the Disney Parks online communities since they were all on Usenet (rec.arts.disney.parks and alt.disney.disneyland). Most of the people who post at Mice Chat have been around for ages and know their stuff.

Micechat is where I got the info that the right keeps breaking actually haha.  It's near the bottom of the post You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
I added a guest to my reservation yesterday and they said to be expecting another confirmation email with the added guest's name sometime in the near future.

On the topic of Disneyland forums, I used to be extremely active in one but gave up when it no longer was a positive experience.