Author Topic: NYCC: New to Comic Con/Cosplay  (Read 1794 times)

Offline boosted_ford

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
NYCC: New to Comic Con/Cosplay
« on: August 27, 2014, 12:47:36 AM »
Hi, my name is Eric. I have never been to comic con before, but I plan to go to NYCC this October. I have a few questions for those who go. What do you guys do with any personal stuff like where do you store your phones or wallets? I was thinking of bringing a backpack or fany pack, but then it ruins the look of my costume. I watched some youtube vidoes and it doesn't look like anyone carries any bags or anything. What do you guys do with your stuff? What is comic con like is it just a bunch of people walking around in costumes? Are there any activities? Anything you can buy? Im sure theres food ive been to the javits center for the auto show. What can I expect at comic con? Oh and most importantly it says you need an id and a credit card to get in. My friend that is coming with me does not own a credit card. Can he use another form of id such as medical card? I can't think of anymore questions,  but I appreciate those that can answer my questions and and help me know what to expect and what to do or not do when I go.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:14:53 AM by mllNY »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
Re: new to comic con/cosplay
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 04:54:21 AM »
while i don't cosplay some places to store stuff are
in bag check
with friends
if you happen to have a vip tix the lounge has a bag check

There is food in the Javits but you can bring food in as well.

where do you see the requirement for an id & cc?  iirc, you don't kneed those for entrance-  just to buy stuff ;) 
oh, wait, if you need to pick up your ticket you might need the id&cc

i'm going to move this to the NYCC area so folks can give you specific advice for NYCC

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: NYCC: New to Comic Con/Cosplay
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:08:46 AM »

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
Re: NYCC: New to Comic Con/Cosplay
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 07:15:57 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi, my name is Eric. I have never been to comic con before, but I plan to go to NYCC this October. I have a few questions for those who go. What do you guys do with any personal stuff like where do you store your phones or wallets? I was thinking of bringing a backpack or fany pack, but then it ruins the look of my costume. I watched some youtube vidoes and it doesn't look like anyone carries any bags or anything. What do you guys do with your stuff? What is comic con like is it just a bunch of people walking around in costumes? Are there any activities? Anything you can buy? Im sure theres food ive been to the javits center for the auto show. What can I expect at comic con? Oh and most importantly it says you need an id and a credit card to get in. My friend that is coming with me does not own a credit card. Can he use another form of id such as medical card? I can't think of anymore questions,  but I appreciate those that can answer my questions and and help me know what to expect and what to do or not do when I go.

1. Also bring your personal possessions. Bring a small purse to put that in.
2. Con is as is says. It's a convention of pop culture from comic books to tv show, to movies and video games. People dress up or walk around in causual clothing. It will be crowded and you will experience good and bad things. From cute kids to smelly people.
3. You can buy things there or walk around town.
4. You DON'T NEED ID TO GET IT AT ALL. Only ID you will need if you use your CC and a vendor needs it. Your badge is your ID to get in.

I hope this helps and if you need any more questions answered we will do our best.

Have fun.