Author Topic: Buckaroo Banzai Cast Reunion, Saturday, July 23rd, 5:30pm, Room 8  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
From SDCC Unofficial Blog:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Could we be seeing a reunion panel for the cult hit The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension? A recent tweet from Joe Parrington, a publicist, seems to indicate so as he invited Kevin Smith to moderate the panel. Parrington even included a date, time, and location which would be Saturday at 5:30 in Room 8. Smith himself is in the middle of developing a Buckaroo Banzai television series.

Twitter post from @JoeParrington:
@ThatKevinSmith you are invited to moderate the Buckaroo Banzai cast reunion panel at SDCC on 7/23 @ 5:30pm in Room 8. DM me to arrange.
5:56 PM - 9 Jun 2016

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
Re: Buckaroo Banzai cast reunion panel
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 01:31:50 PM »
Interesting.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 01:58:38 PM »
Sounds like a cool panel, at least to people in the right age range to have seen the movie the short time it was in the theater. I wounder what cast members will show up.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 02:12:17 PM »
Sounds like a cool panel, at least to people in the right age range to have seen the movie the short time it was in the theater. I wounder what cast members will show up.

Better have Jeff Goldblum and Pepe Serna, I want that !$#^!@ watermelon finally explained.

(Of course we know the real life reason You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login which is great.)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 09:05:30 PM »
Better have Jeff Goldblum and Pepe Serna, I want that !$#^!@ watermelon finally explained.

(Of course we know the real life reason You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login which is great.)
I always smirk when I read that story (and I've heard it sooooooo many times over the years)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 09:11:50 PM »
From SDCC Unofficial Blog:

Could we be seeing a reunion panel for the cult hit The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension? A recent tweet from Joe Parrington, a publicist, seems to indicate so as he invited Kevin Smith to moderate the panel. Parrington even included a date, time, and location which would be Saturday at 5:30 in Room 8. Smith himself is in the middle of developing a Buckaroo Banzai television series.

Twitter post from @JoeParrington:
@ThatKevinSmith you are invited to moderate the Buckaroo Banzai cast reunion panel at SDCC on 7/23 @ 5:30pm in Room 8. DM me to arrange.
5:56 PM - 9 Jun 2016
If a legit reunion panel takes place, I will be in euphoria: it would be a huge highlight of Comic-Con to see!  I've seen this film soooooo many times, and when I walk I often use the end credit music to set my pace (walking in time to that song will give you 4 mph easy).  I love this movie, and the incredibly fun DVD release. I can't WAIT for the BLu-ray release from Shout! a week or two after SDCCI (I'm REALLY hoping they sell it at the Con, and if they do I will almost certainly watch it that evening when I get home, regardless of what day I buy it!

If a Kevin Smith TV show actually happens, I will roll my eyes and likely completely ignore it.  A sequel in the mid/late 80s would've been amazing, even only a small handful of people saw it.  I really have no desire to see a movie with a different cast.
Of course, I said something similar about the "Hannibal" show announcement, and look how wrong I was about that so...

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 247
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 01:49:59 PM »
OMGEEE!!! I love, love, love Buckaroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension.  I was in love with Perfect Tommy for a very long time.  In fact, I probably still am  ;) This panel would be a dream come true for me  :D

I've introduced all of my children to this movie and although they do not love it they way that I love it, whenever it comes on we all have to watch it together.  My children often quote movie lines and my 9 year old loves to say "no matter where you go, there you are"  Why, I don't know...but he loves saying that line...He also loves "because you can't run away from your own feet" Kids...smh

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 02:09:03 PM »
OMGEEE!!! I love, love, love Buckaroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension.  I was in love with Perfect Tommy for a very long time.  In fact, I probably still am  ;) This panel would be a dream come true for me  :D

I've introduced all of my children to this movie and although they do not love it they way that I love it, whenever it comes on we all have to watch it together.  My children often quote movie lines and my 9 year old loves to say "no matter where you go, there you are"  Why, I don't know...but he loves saying that line...He also loves "because you can't run away from your own feet" Kids...smh

I hear it's Saturday at 5:30 - which means for those looking for alternate awesome fun panels other than Marvel, there you go.
For those hoping to see the Marvel panel AND Buckaroo Banzai, you might be outta luck

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 247
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 02:23:47 PM »
I hear it's Saturday at 5:30 - which means for those looking for alternate awesome fun panels other than Marvel, there you go.
For those hoping to see the Marvel panel AND Buckaroo Banzai, you might be outta luck

Marvel-sharmvel...It's Perfect Tommy!! :o  jk

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 03:13:27 PM »
Marvel-sharmvel...It's Perfect Tommy!! :o  jk
Just Joking-schmoking...you're 100% spot on!!