Author Topic: Comic Art Appreciation  (Read 127176 times)

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: Comic Art Appreciation
« Reply #585 on: September 29, 2019, 06:19:43 PM »
jscottcampbellart Who’s excited about @sonypictures & @disney kissing and making up!? Spider-Man 3 with @tomholland2013 & @zendaya is BACK ON!!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #586 on: October 01, 2019, 08:33:02 PM »
previewsworld On October 9, 2019 with the release of SPAWN 301, Todd McFarlane will step into uncharted territory in the comic world! Todd McFarlane will officially earn the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for the longest-running creator-owned superhero comic book series for his creation of SPAWN. "Any record that is based on longevity, is made on the backs of dozens of people. As much as I am proud to be receiving this award, I gratefully accept it on behalf of all those who helped me the past 27 years on this journey." - @toddmcfarlane

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #587 on: Today at 03:21:41 PM »

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #587 on: October 02, 2019, 05:21:39 PM »

previewsworld Celebrating #Inktober all month long? Then join PREVIEWSworld as we join in! See if you have what it takes to accept our Inktober challenge then we'll highlight your work on our site and on PREVIEWSworld Weekly! Simply tag us with your art and have fun!

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #588 on: October 07, 2019, 07:49:59 PM »

From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

A Vision in the Making…

Joe Kubert is one of the visionaries of comics and popular art. From his pioneering work on characters like Hawkman, Sgt. Rock, and Tor, to his graphic novels and legacy as an educator, Joe helped to create and refine the visual language of popular, sequential art. His legacy as an artist and educator, as well as the materials in his studio, are the foundation of our collection of comics and popular arts.

The Rochester Institute of Technology is establishing a world-class library, maker space, and museum devoted to comic books and popular arts. Building from a foundational collection of Joe Kubert’s studio materials, process artwork, original art, and published work, the Kubert Library will be a one-of-kind center for the study, appreciation, and production of comic books and related arts. The Library will be a centerpiece for RIT’s Comics Studies Initiative, which includes an undergraduate comics studies curriculum, a summer arts institute for aspiring creative professionals, and rotating public exhibits, screenings, and symposia.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #589 on: October 17, 2019, 08:37:07 PM »
claytoncrain TMNT 100 variant for @frankiescomics and the Acrylic OA 15x22

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #590 on: October 22, 2019, 08:16:01 PM »
matttaylordraws Gerbera. I’ll admit I’m struggling to keep up with Inktober as the month rolls on and deadlines are piling up but I’ll do my damnedest to finish a few more of these before the month is out!

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #591 on: October 24, 2019, 08:32:59 PM »
marvel One of the noblest and most tormented cosmic entities in the universe, the Silver Surfer treasures freedom above all else, but has often sacrificed his liberty for the greater good. This week on #Marvel101, we are searching the cosmos for meaning.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #592 on: October 28, 2019, 08:39:07 PM »

brandoneastonwriter This was announced on the same day that my dad passed away. It was a wild mix of emotions because it has always been a dream of mine to write Spider-Man. As a kid, Spidey was the one hero I could identify with. Spider-Man became my "gateway drug" into the world of superhero comics and my appreciation of the artform spread into anime, manga and sci-fi literature. Comic books kept me off the streets. Comic books helped me to cope with some of the rougher aspects of my childhood. Comic books helped me to keep my head together during the darkest days of my college years (and there were MANY). Comic books were there for me when my peers vanished. Even though I've had some brutal experiences in the comics industry, the good far outweighs the bad and I'm blessed to be able to create fun material with folks I've long admired. I wouldn't trade any of the friends I've made in the biz for anything in the world. I don't even know if it's appropriate to post this, but I wanted to share some of my genuine happiness about this news as I move forward in my career and in my life. So here it is: I'm writing an arc in the relaunched MARVEL ACTION SPIDER-MAN.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #593 on: November 06, 2019, 07:28:23 PM »
sdcomicfest Comer boxes by @therealthatpolishguy

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #594 on: November 17, 2019, 02:14:36 PM »

allredmd #BOWIEStardustRaygunsAndMoonageDaydreams sneak peek of the week! On shelves the first week of January just in time for David Bowie’s birthday!

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #595 on: December 01, 2019, 08:25:52 PM »
sdcomicfest Great moments in Comic Book History. Asgard comes to Oklahoma. From the pages of Thor #2 by J. Michael Straczynski and Olivier Coipel (2007). You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #596 on: December 17, 2019, 08:07:55 PM »
leanne.art Here are my #topnine2019, slightly modified to include only works I created this year. Which of my paintings is your favorite this year and what would you like me to create more of next year?

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #597 on: December 23, 2019, 10:41:53 AM »
:P  ;D

livioramondelli The true reason Devastator is so filled with rage. When he isn't fighting, people are talking trash to him during his multiplayer matches.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #598 on: December 28, 2019, 09:44:40 PM »

sideshowcollectibles Sideshow and Alex Ross present the Superman: Peace on Earth Fine Art Lithograph.
Originally created as the cover for a graphic novel of the same name, the Superman: Peace on Earth Fine Art Lithograph has been specially reproduced for Sideshow in an exclusive limited edition of 250 pieces. Each piece is hand-signed by Alex Ross and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity, making this a must-have piece for DC Comics art collectors.
Follow the link in our Bio to bring the hope and heroism of the Man of Steel to your collection today.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #599 on: January 09, 2020, 08:23:14 PM »
8)

sdcomicfest Batman: Mask of the Phantasm by Bruce Timm.