Author Topic: Motor City Comic Con  (Read 9275 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Motor City Comic Con
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 04:13:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is a month late! I was there and was shocked that there was a huge line to get tickets. I will purchase the advance tickets next year. 

Despite the long lines for badges, did you enjoy the convention? ^_^ How was it in your experience?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Tex Murphy

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 07:48:34 PM »
Despite the long lines for badges, did you enjoy the convention? ^_^ How was it in your experience?

IMO, The con was OK. It was just fun walking around with friends and finding cheap comics/toys.  :)  Also, it was fun meeting and talking to celebrities, which is nice. We never went to any of the panels this year, so I can't judge anything about that. But I'd been to MCCC for the past 15 years (if I remember correctly) and the panels are sometimes a hit or miss. It's like a Schrödinger's cat experiment: The con is in a big hallway. You can't see what's inside. You paid $25 (I think) to get in and cannot  know if it'll be awesome or it'll suck. And by the end of the day, you'll know the result: Every penny is worth it, or you might end up kicking yourself for losing $25.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 12:57:22 PM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 04:16:59 AM »
IMO, The con was OK. It was just fun walking around with friends and finding cheap comics/toys.  :)  Also, it was fun meeting and talking to celebrities, which is nice. We never went to any of the panels this year, so I can't judge anything about that. But I'd been to MCCC for the past 15 years (if I remember correctly) and the panels are sometimes a hit or miss. It's like a Schrödinger's cat experiment: The con is in a big hallway. You can't see what's inside. You paid $25 (I think) to get in and cannot  know if it'll be awesome or it'll suck. And by the end of the day, you'll know the result: Every penny is worth it, or you might end up kicking yourself for losing $25.

At least you had a good time with friends and got some cool merchandise, so that has to count for something, right?  ^_^
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...