Author Topic: Comic-Con Museum auction for SDCC returned badges  (Read 11001 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: Comic-Con Museum auction for SDCC returned badges
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2019, 06:04:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So if I were to get a set of these badges it says if you currently have badges  those would be refunded to you so you can use the 4 day ones. How would that work if I got mine using a buying group and someone else actually bought my tickets? I only have Thursday and Sunday right now.

I would try to confirm with cci but I think the person who bought the badges would get the refund and you would need to coordinate with them to get the money back to you.

Offline gmorkzor

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2019, 08:31:26 PM »
I grew up in San Diego and have been going with my brother since 1990 and with my dad and uncle since around 2000. This is the first year that we weren't able to get my dad a badge. Though he is a little older nowadays and generally just parks in a couple rooms each day, he still has enjoyed going and it's been a special thing for us to do together as a family. We thought we were out of luck, but noticed recently that SDCC is still listing these on ebay and my brother and I decided to take the plunge and buy a pair and give one of them to our dad. This means we have one 4 day badge left that we have available for someone who didn't get through the lottery and isn't looking for a pair.

We paid $731 for a pair, so we are looking for someone who could pay $365 to cover half of that. In the auction listing, it states I just need to email them the member-ids.  It also notes that to get in on the exclusives portal, they need the info promptly to be emailed.

Please send me a message if you are interested and we could exchange contact information and get in touch to discuss the details. 

This seemed like the right thread for me to post this in, but if there is a different forum or thread, please let me know. 

Thanks,

Adam

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 10:55:45 AM »

Offline radgravy

• Sails Pavilion
  • Headed to SDCC2019!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2019, 10:48:28 PM »
Hi gmorkzor,
I'm interested! Message sent.

- Ryan
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 10:51:50 PM by radgravy »
"Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee

Offline gmorkzor

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2019, 05:39:14 PM »
I was able to work everything out with Radgravy.  We sent the SDCC Ebay account a message with the member ids and within a few hours, they sent Radgravy and my dad their barcode emails.  My dad was surprised and quite happy this morning to hear we were able to get him a badge :)

Thank you to the folks here at Friends of Comic Con for providing the forums. It was great to be able to connect with and help out another long time attendee who also got unlucky with the lottery this year.

Offline Miterin

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2019, 06:48:48 PM »
Anyone else have Wednesday tokens from buying the Ebay badges? They said they were 4 day badges no PN so why do we have tokens? Weird

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2019, 06:55:28 PM »
I was able to work everything out with Radgravy.  We sent the SDCC Ebay account a message with the member ids and within a few hours, they sent Radgravy and my dad their barcode emails.  My dad was surprised and quite happy this morning to hear we were able to get him a badge :)

Thank you to the folks here at Friends of Comic Con for providing the forums. It was great to be able to connect with and help out another long time attendee who also got unlucky with the lottery this year.

You are very very welcome & I am personally *very very* glad both you're dad and [member=9035]radgravy[/member] made the connection & got badges!!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2019, 07:11:25 PM »
Anyone else have Wednesday tokens from buying the Ebay badges? They said they were 4 day badges no PN so why do we have tokens? Weird

A few people on Facebook who bought the eBay badges had the same thing.. tokens for PN but four day badges.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2019, 08:50:43 AM »

So glad it all worked out! 

Offline teppope

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 31
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2019, 06:52:33 PM »
Does anyone know of anyone that needs someone to go half for the museum badges? Just wondering if anyone won an auction but their second bailed on them. If so, hit me up.

Offline handelacruz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 55
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2019, 12:48:13 AM »
I have a friend who paid $935 for a pair of these charity badges. She got one of the last pairs so she wasn't able to sign up for any exclusives, but she's able to participate in the 2020 returning registration. Pretty interesting!

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2019, 08:46:58 AM »
The people who got a great deal were the ones that got it in the low $700's and under.  In the end, the prices took a turn back up.

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2019, 12:57:48 PM »
Does anyone know of anyone that needs someone to go half for the museum badges? Just wondering if anyone won an auction but their second bailed on them. If so, hit me up.

a few on the /r/comiccon subreddit

Offline teppope

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 31
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2019, 01:01:54 PM »
a few on the /r/comiccon subreddit

is subreddit regular reddit? I saw one on reddit but just checking if it is the same one you saw. Thanks anyway for responding

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2019, 01:09:23 PM »
is subreddit regular reddit? I saw one on reddit but just checking if it is the same one you saw. Thanks anyway for responding

subreddit is the specific pages. Reddit is just the site as a whole.

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2019, 03:49:52 PM »
Badges are all gone. On June 20, the going price per pair went back up over $1000 -- for about a week and a half were going in the $1200-$1300 range. The highest recent pair went for $1585, still not a terrible price all things considered. However, after July 2 the price dropped dramatically, some even going for below $700/pair...but then ticked up a bit for the final handful of pairs, but still not as high as the previous peak.

I'm all for them doing this for returned badges in the future.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15