Author Topic: 2018 SDCC Funko South Pop! Up Shop  (Read 9780 times)

Offline verovero8

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 46
Re: 2018 SDCC Funko South Pop! Up Shop
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2018, 11:14:17 AM »
Yep, sadly many ppl in the very front of the line had that ticket scalper look and came out with bags of funkos last year.  But I got my Superman Daffy, so I was happy!  Bummer that it won't be back because I really enjoyed the theme of last year's pop-up shop, but maybe more exclusives available at the Con where less flippers can get 'em?

Offline semisonic

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2018, 03:58:46 AM »
It's not necessarily flippers. Out of the exclusives I would have wanted to get last year had I been able, 23 would have been from the convention center rather than the pop up shop, some of which are rides, Vynl 2 packs, multi-pack pops, multi-pack dorbz and therefore bigger than regular pops/dorbz. I would also have been bringing back an additional 5 for friends, plus I might have helped other attendees who wanted a Pop I didn't already have on my list

All of the coverage I see about SDCC exclusives doesn't take into account that as an international attendee, getting the exclusives at Comic-Con is the easiest way to get them. Otherwise not only are you dealing with international shipping and customs charges, on top of that, a lot of shops won't ship outside the US so you can't get them, other than 3rd party sites such as Amazon or eBay with the obligatory markup.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #92 on: Today at 12:17:42 PM »

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2018, 12:12:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If i ever got any, it by chance cause places i have been they are alot or by chance being sold as u dont expect them a some places by chance. some day maybe be get any, just not always sure till it happens.
I think if you line up for days at the pop up shop you know exactly what you are getting and it is not something that is unexpected or by chance. 
But again this event has been cancelled for the year, so there is nothing to happening of that we are sure.

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2018, 01:01:50 PM »
parked in front of the pop shop door last year.  the scooby do van and right next to it a SUV with vanity plates "TOYWARS". 

not subtle. 

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2018, 07:57:41 AM »
parked in front of the pop shop door last year.  the scooby do van and right next to it a SUV with vanity plates "TOYWARS". 

not subtle.
That Scooby Do van may be local; one of my former neighbors had an amazing Mystery Machine (he moved so IDK...)

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2018, 09:38:31 AM »
Oh don't get me started on Toy Wars. Someone went in and attempted to sell an exclusive Pop to them  and the guy totally lowballed and pulled out his own wallet and said that his boss will pay him back. Riiiiiiight.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2018, 12:33:37 PM »
Toy Wars is a business, they are always going to lowball because they need to make a profit when they re-sell. It's like trying to sell to a pawn shop or when you sell CDs and they give you a dollar.

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2018, 12:36:36 PM »
Toy Wars is a business, they are always going to lowball because they need to make a profit when they re-sell. It's like trying to sell to a pawn shop or when you sell CDs and they give you a dollar.

Don't be ridiculous!  Clearly these guys are rolling in Benz and living in Mansions off all that low ball Pop money!