Author Topic: SDCC 2022: July 20-24, San Diego  (Read 14982 times)

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
Re: SDCC 2022: July 20-24, San Diego
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2022, 06:23:55 PM »
Just got the email reminding us to verify shipping address

Hello Comic-Con Attendee,

The deadline to update your badge shipping address is approaching! Your badge will be mailed to the designated shipping address that’s on file in your Comic-Con Member ID account as of May 13, 2022 at 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). Please take a moment to make sure your shipping address is up-to-date to help us reduce the number of undeliverable badges. Your shipping address will be marked with a gray “Shipping” bubble.

HOW TO DESIGNATE A BADGE SHIPPING ADDRESS:

Click “My Addresses” from your Account Dashboard.
    Click “Edit” next to the address you want your badge shipped to.
    Check the box next to “Primary Shipping Address”.
    Click “Save”.

Unfortunately, we cannot ship to international or international APO/FPO/DPO addresses. If you are an international attendee but would like your badge shipped to a US mailing address, log in to your Member ID account, go to “My Addresses”, and click “+Add Address” to enter a domestic shipping address. Check the box next to “Primary Shipping Address”, and click “Save”. International attendees without a US shipping address may pick up their badge when they arrive on-site.

Offline geargirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2022, 06:13:31 AM »
Hello everyone,
Quick question I was asked and do not know the answer so I thought I would ask you all. If someone has a Sunday badge but their circumstances look they might change and they cannot travel to the con and tap in - will they still be eligible for the presale next year?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #92 on: Today at 03:43:23 AM »

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2022, 06:15:13 AM »
Presumably yes.  That has been true in the past.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2022, 08:09:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hello everyone,
Quick question I was asked and do not know the answer so I thought I would ask you all. If someone has a Sunday badge but their circumstances look they might change and they cannot travel to the con and tap in - will they still be eligible for the presale next year?

They've let people with badges that don't attend the Con participate in pre-reg, but they reserve the right to change that policy.
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2022, 10:23:36 AM »
They've let people with badges that don't attend the Con participate in pre-reg, but they reserve the right to change that policy.

They have a new system, we don't know how it will flag now.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline f22raptor

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2022, 12:03:51 PM »
Hello everyone,

Although I don't think have been enforcing the physical presence requirement to qualify for Preregistration eligibility, I would play it safe and get a friend to tap your badge in and out of the RFID system.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 12:06:07 PM by f22raptor »

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2022, 12:16:03 PM »
I think a lot of this is hard to judge.  Some things will stay the same as in the past, however, they had 2 years to think of new ways to do things.  I would think we will see some changes, or is that just wishful thinking that they spent the time working on improving?
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2022, 12:26:45 PM »
I think a lot of this is hard to judge.  Some things will stay the same as in the past, however, they had 2 years to think of new ways to do things.  I would think we will see some changes, or is that just wishful thinking that they spent the time working on improving?

It's wishful thinking.

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2022, 11:09:30 PM »
It's wishful thinking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2022, 12:09:06 PM »
I received my "Your badge has shipped" email for SDCC 2019 on 6/14/19....wonder when this year's badges will ship? Has anyone heard anything?

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2022, 09:41:56 AM »
I just got a badge shipping notification from CCI  ;D

Woohoo! Your Comic-Con 2022 attendee badge is on its way!

For the most up-to-date badge tracking information, log in to your You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, hover over Account, click My Badges, and click Shipping on your Comic-Con 2022 badge order. Tracking numbers will begin to appear within the next 1-3 business days.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to head over to our Toucan blog to learn more about how your badge is shipped and where to find its tracking information!

Start creating those merch wish lists, scope out your favorite panels, and get ready to geek out once again at Comic-Con 2022!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 09:44:58 AM by SteveD »

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2022, 09:44:06 AM »
"Woohoo! Your Comic-Con 2022 attendee badge is on its way!"

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2022, 09:44:59 AM »
I received my "Your badge has shipped" email for SDCC 2019 on 6/14/19....wonder when this year's badges will ship? Has anyone heard anything?

Comic-Con 2022 Badges Are Shipping!

If you haven’t done so already, it’s time to start preparing for Comic-Con 2022! Badges are shipping, anticipation is building, and travel plans are well underway. Here’s what you need to know.

THE RUNDOWN

Badge Tracking
Undelivered Badges
International Badges

TRACK YOUR BADGE:

Comic-Con 2022 badges are shipped via UPS Mail Innovations in partnership with the United States Postal Service (USPS). For tracking information, log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account, go to “Account” in the top menu bar, and select “My Badges” from the menu dropdown. If your badge is being shipped, there will be a blue “Shipping” button on your Comic-Con 2022 badge order. Tracking information includes:

Shipment Status

Shipping Address

Tracking Number (once available)

Items in Shipment

SHIPPING YOUR BADGE:

Badges will be shipped in waves, meaning that a friend or family member may receive their badge before you do. They will be delivered in a plain, nondescript package for confidentiality. So get excited and be on the lookout for your order!

Badges are mailed to the “Primary Shipping Address” in your Member ID account as of the badge shipping deadline. If you are a guest of a professional, your badge will not be shipped to you, but instead is included in the same package as the professional’s badge.

UNDELIVERED BADGES:

We cannot reship badges or reroute badges in transit. If you do not receive your mailed badge by July 6, 2022, you can report it as undelivered. Please keep an eye on our Badge Shipping page for instructions.

No matter the reason your badge was not delivered – lost in transit/sucked into a black hole/wrong address – our team will promptly disable the RFID associated with your undelivered badge. Doing so allows us to create a replacement badge for you on your first day on-site. No fee will be charged for undelivered badges, and reporting your badge as undelivered ensures the fee be waived prior to arrival.

Make sure to bring your badge confirmation and a valid photo ID to exchange for a replacement badge. Please note: badges that have been disabled cannot be used for entry into the event.

INTERNATIONAL BADGES:

We cannot ship to any international addresses. All international attendees can pick up their badge on-site at the Registration Area in the Sails Pavilion of the San Diego Convention Center. Badge pick-up begins on Tuesday, July 19, 2022. To pick up your badge, make sure to bring both a valid photo ID and your badge confirmation.

BADGE CONFIRMATION:

Are you having trouble finding your badge confirmation? Simply log in to your Member ID account and select “My Orders” from your Account Dashboard. Locate your badge order for Comic-Con 2022 and click the yellow “Details” button. Click the blue “Resend Confirmation” button, verify the email address is correct, then click “Send.”

If your badge is not delivered for any reason, you will need this badge confirmation and a valid photo ID to pick up a replacement badge on-site.

MORE INFO:

We’re so excited for this year's bags, books, and lanyards! While these complimentary items cannot be shipped prior to the event, you will be able to collect them upstairs in the Sails Pavilion of the San Diego Convention Center on the first day you arrive. Keep an eye out on our front page for all the newest information.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 09:47:11 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2022, 09:56:45 AM »
I just got a badge shipping notification from CCI  ;D

ME TOO!!!    :)
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline Vapors