Author Topic: CCI Auctions for badges underway!  (Read 4508 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
CCI Auctions for badges underway!
« on: June 24, 2022, 06:26:24 PM »
Auctions for 4 day +pv night badges are underway

starting bid $720

proceeds to benefit the Museum

This auction is good for a pair of 4-Day with Preview Night badges for Comic-Con 2022 in San Diego this July 20-24, 2022. Proceeds from this auction will benefit the new Comic-Con Museum in Balboa Park!

If you win, you will receive a pair of codes that you can redeem for these badges in the names of yourself and a guest!

This eBay account, sdcomic-con, is the ONLY official eBay account of Comic-Con International. The only place to purchase a valid badge for Comic-Con is through our normal badge sales (which are complete for the 2022 event) or via the codes you will receive in this auction to redeem on our official registration website.

You can go to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to verify that this sale and this account is legitimate!

Note: If you already have badges to the event and win this auction, you are not entitled to a refund of the badges you currently hold. You will be allowed to redeem this auction for (2) 4-Day with Preview Night badges, but we will not be refunding any currently held badges for either you or your guest.

You may not sell, resell or transfer these codes. They are solely for the use of you and your guest. The event is held at the San Diego Convention Center, and all badges will need to be picked up on-site. No badges won through this auction will be mailed out in advance.

The Comic-Con website is [link removed by eBay]. Go there to get info on this year's event including COVID regulations, special guests, programming and more!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 07:33:03 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
Re: CCI Auctions for badges underway!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 06:38:26 PM »
Each auction is for a pair of badges too

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:24:54 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 06:40:28 PM »
iirc, the first round of badges sold for the least amount of money in '19
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 09:09:18 AM »
All of the current badge auctions have at least 1 bid already, with many having multiple bids. Looks like there are some folk who want to go and do not yet have badges. I wonder how many rounds of auctions they will post this go round.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline lowgun

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 09:40:48 AM »
anyone  remember how many was listed last time? looking at the accts feedback history i see around 90 of the last auctions gave back a feedback but im sure some ppl didnt bother with that

Online Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 11:56:00 AM »
I remember some of the initial ones that were auctioned went in the 1000s, but then as they kept having more auctions the going prices did get lower.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2022, 11:31:56 AM »
The way I remember it, at first the badges sold for the most.  Thousands of dollars.  Then when people realized there were more than just those early batches, the prices dropped.  During the lull in middle the prices were low.  Lower than face value.  That can't happen this time since they've basically made the starting price face value.  With the end in sight, the prices went back up.  But still only a fraction of what they sold for at the start.

The big change this year from previous years is the number of badges available at the same time.  It was more of a dribble before.  This time, comparatively, they've dropped many more at once.

Offline LB42

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 181
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2022, 10:46:48 AM »
I think it will be a bit messy tonight, tomorrow, and Wednesday. A lot of these auctions end one minute apart and a couple of them end at the same time. Then on Tuesday the badges go up late at night and sales run after midnight (central time). Then on Wednesday the sales are late afternoon/early evening. Either someone was thinking about this and trying to spread out buying opportunities to reduce buying lulls, or it's just the usual random happenstance.  ;)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2022, 12:20:31 PM »
Then on Tuesday the badges go up late at night and sales run after midnight (central time).

That's only 7pm in Hawaii.  :)  People that are interested in comic-con live all over the world.  I think it's great they are spacing out auctions so that people elsewhere can be awake for them to end.  As with any ebay auction, it's bidding in that last minute that counts.

Offline jacmaryang

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2022, 03:40:27 PM »
They are also auctioning off ONE PN+4 day badge vs a pair of badges now.

Example: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 03:44:29 PM by jacmaryang »

Offline Cut That Meat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 176
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2022, 03:42:01 PM »
I think it will be a bit messy tonight, tomorrow, and Wednesday. A lot of these auctions end one minute apart and a couple of them end at the same time. Then on Tuesday the badges go up late at night and sales run after midnight (central time). Then on Wednesday the sales are late afternoon/early evening. Either someone was thinking about this and trying to spread out buying opportunities to reduce buying lulls, or it's just the usual random happenstance.  ;)

That's only 7pm in Hawaii.  :)  People that are interested in comic-con live all over the world.  I think it's great they are spacing out auctions so that people elsewhere can be awake for them to end.  As with any ebay auction, it's bidding in that last minute that counts.

Yup: "Comic-Con will make every effort to spread the ending times of the auctions throughout the day to make it easier for people in different time zones to participate." From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
SDCC 2008, 2010-11, 2013-19, 2022-23
WC 2014-16, 2023
D23 2015, 2017, 2019, 2022
ECCC 2019

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2022, 11:31:50 PM »

It's about time.  I don't know why they were only doing them in pairs.  I remember last time people had to try to find someone to partner with to buy a pair of tickets.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2022, 01:08:43 PM »

That is really good news for those who have posted that they only need 1 badge.  Yay.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2022, 01:14:03 PM »
That is really good news for those who have posted that they only need 1 badge.  Yay.

Yeesh! That ONE badge went for $1,725 (with 73 bids). You could get a pair for the same price. Wonder if the bidders realized this.

As of this writing, there is a pair going for $1,250 (50 minutes left) and about 5 single badges going for between $500-$730 (5 hours left).

Offline jacmaryang

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2022, 01:16:35 PM »
Yeesh! That ONE badge went for $1,725 (with 73 bids). You could get a pair for the same price. Wonder if the bidders realized this.

As of this writing, there is a pair going for $1,250 (50 minutes left) and about 5 single badges going for between $500-$730 (5 hours left).
Yikes! Yeah I wonder if the bidders knew if this for one person and not two. If they thought it was for two people, it will be quite the surprise.